shape
carat
color
clarity

Received my Facets eternity band yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marym

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''ve been lurking on this forum for a while, and really hope all of the knowledgeable people on this site can help me. I ordered a 1.04 ctw round cut Raphael eternity ring from Facets that arrived yesterday. Overall the ring is very pretty, but I have noticed upon closer inspection that the prongs seem to be more open in some places of the ring (which Facets advertises as a feature of the more expensive Raphael setting) and some prongs are very close together, almost completely touching. Also, there are places on the ring where you can see small gaps between the diamonds, while some areas have no gaps. There are also two places on the ring where one diamond is slightly higher than the ones on either side. Is this normal? I would love to hear from other people who have this style ring. I am not one who likes to complain, but at the same time, this ring was a lot of money for us, and I want to be sure I am getting what I paid for. It is also going to be my wedding band, so it is something that I will be looking at for a long time. I will try to post pics of the ring later today. (I am still trying to figure out how to lower the resolution of my camera) One more nitpicky thing- I did also notice that while I ordered the 1.04 ctw ring, what is stamped inside the ring says 1.00 ctw. -Thought that was kinda strange. I''m really just more concerned about the prongs, though. I certainly don''t want any diamonds to fall out, and thought that maybe that was why some prongs are so close together. There is a very tiny difference in the size of the diamonds. The ones that are ever so slightly smaller seem to be next to prongs that are squished together. If I am being ridiculous, please let me know. I have a tendency to get hung up on small details sometimes.

Thanks everyone for your input!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you are being too picky but I''m a crazy nitpicking person when it comes to prong symmetry. I would email Facets and let them know your concern and return it for one that is made a little better. I have seen rings of theirs that are symmetrical so I know they can produce one.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 4:04:11 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I don''t think you are being too picky but I''m a crazy nitpicking person when it comes to prong symmetry. I would email Facets and let them know your concern and return it for one that is made a little better. I have seen rings of theirs that are symmetrical so I know they can produce one.
Sounds like a plan to me.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with mrssalvo, I don''t think you are being picky at all, and I too think you should return it for a better made one. You should be 100% happy with your ring. Your feelings are totally understandable, something like that would bother me too. As you said, you''re going to be looking at this ring for a long time, you should feel happy when you do! It certainly is a gorgeous ring (I looked on the website). As for the carat weight, I got the impression that it changes a little with ring size? It looked as if the lower sizes were slightly lower carat weights, so this could explain the difference. I''m sorry if I''m wrong, I''m a newbie here, but it was just something I noticed. I hope you can post pics soon, would love to see your ring!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everyone else, that is alot money and you should be happy, email then and have them fix the ring, cant wait to see it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And...definitely inquire about the 1.0 ctw vs the 1.04 ctw. According to the website that is a $75 difference
which is enough money for me to complain about
8.gif
. If it was $20 that would be one thing but $75 could
be a nice meal out ...or $75 towards your next jewelry project
1.gif
!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results