shape
carat
color
clarity

question about wedding band scratching e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone....my engagement ring is similar to this one. My wedding band is a prong set asscher eternity band. I''m worried that the band will rub and scratch my e-ring, especially since it will only touch at the very bottom of the circle. Any suggestions on what to do to save my e-ring...it has beautiful details all around the edges and I don''t want it ruined. I''m more attached to it than my wedding band at least at this point....since I''ve been wearing my e-ring for over a year! Thank you!

ART-DECO-1ct-CUSHION-DIAMOND-SAPPHIRE.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''d probably wear it with a spacer between- the exposed edge of the diamonds could scratch the e-ring I''d think. Or wear them on opposite hands. Personally I have an ornate antique e-ring setting and I just don''t wear a band with it- most of the original antique ones (which yours is designed to look like) were made to wear alone with the wedding band worn on the left hand and the e-ring on the right I believe. It sounds like your w-band is substantial enough to wear alone.

You could also try them together and keep a close eye on them. Not all alloys wear the same and how hard you are on your stuff affects wear & tear too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wear a ring spacer b/t the two rings.
2.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both so beautiful they can stand on their own so I''d wear one one each hand.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even a spacer will start to scratch and rub on the band of your ering and start to wear off the detail on the band. I would wear it alone and wear your wedding ring as a RHR.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I''d wear it with a thin spacer band (maybe one with milgrain to tie into your e-ring
9.gif
) A spacer ring is easy to repair/replace.

Or, I''d wear each on their own hand.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 2:06:57 AM
Author: kenny
They are both so beautiful they can stand on their own so I''d wear one one each hand.

Ditto.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 6:41:03 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 1/3/2010 2:06:57 AM
Author: kenny

Ditto.
Thritto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results