shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Diamonds in strong direct sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 8:11:21 PM
Author: Lynn B
Well, the HAZY part could maybe just be my [*cough cough*] over-40 eyes!!!
10.gif

Seriously, now I''m rethinking if that was the right word. Definitely not oily or milky-looking, like a flouro stone gone bad
2.gif

Just not my favorite lighting condition, for sure... put me under the tree with John!!!
Yeah really!

My stones don''t have any graining, most don''t have any fluoro and the ones that do are faint and one medium. The clarity on most are in the VS range.

I don''t think we''re talking about the same lighting. Maybe I don''t know what direct means? but there''s no flashes of fire and they don''t go dark. More of a steel type blue and they do look hazy .These are all AGS0 H&A''s or GIA excellents.
Rhino- My K is a VS1 that was in a few of your videos years ago. It''s a gorgeous stone but yeah, it also does the steel looking haze just like the others.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe you shoul''d tried to show the stone to some experts.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
10.gif

Seriously, now I''m rethinking if that was the right word. Definitely not oily or milky-looking, like a flouro stone gone bad
2.gif

Just not my favorite lighting condition, for sure... put me under the tree with John!!!
Hehe... I forgot to list that option. ;-) Seriously though ... I''m 45 and I can still see these things.
10.gif
I agree about the "under the tree" bit too so when we all have an under the tree rock party please let me know.
3.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/14/2009 8:22:28 PM
Author: abcdefg
Hm, this is interesting. In direct sunlight, my (J with strong blue fluorescence) diamond turns a pretty obvious shade of baby blue and sparkles a lot! I don''t know if it''s the fluorescence or a reflection of the sky, but I personally find this to be one of the most flattering lighting conditions for it. Conversely, in any kind of outdoor shaded environment (under a tree, etc) it just looks like a white rock.

I wonder why my experience would be so different.
This is what I''m talking about abcdefg.
emthup.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/14/2009 8:23:30 PM
Author: elle_chris

10.gif

2.gif

Yeah really!

My stones don''t have any graining, most don''t have any fluoro and the ones that do are faint and one medium. The clarity on most are in the VS range.

I don''t think we''re talking about the same lighting. Maybe I don''t know what direct means? but there''s no flashes of fire and they don''t go dark. More of a steel type blue and they do look hazy .These are all AGS0 H&A''s or GIA excellents.
Rhino- My K is a VS1 that was in a few of your videos years ago. It''s a gorgeous stone but yeah, it also does the steel looking haze just like the others.
I remember this diamond distinctly Elle. In direct sunlight, when you face the crown of the diamond towards the sun and you are not blocking direct sunlight you should most definitely see strong flares/flashes of color or fire just like I captured in that clip "The Assessment of Fire". I know what you''re talking about though too with the steely blue. That is the color the body itself takes on in direct/strong spot lighting.

All the best,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results