shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about BGD Barbara Pendant!!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Does it flip? I was thinking about the BGD fix pendant but not sure if I like the fact that the back of the diamond is completely exposed to my skin. Any suggestion will be helpful.
Thank you

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing useful to add, but I :love: the BGD Barbara!! It's on my "bucket list" wish list. :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also do not own one, but judging by the photos, the 'basket' (so to speak) seems to cradle the diamond as opposed to having it just sit on your skin like their other options do. I would imagine that it would stay flat as opposed to roll around/flip.

Will also be interested to hear from a real owner, how it behaves. This really is a beautiful pendant! I take it you must be narrowing down soon to a little purchase???? :naughty:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1328476523|3119686 said:
Also do not own one, but judging by the photos, the 'basket' (so to speak) seems to cradle the diamond as opposed to having it just sit on your skin like their other options do. I would imagine that it would stay flat as opposed to roll around/flip.

Will also be interested to hear from a real owner, how it behaves. This really is a beautiful pendant! I take it you must be narrowing down soon to a little purchase???? :naughty:

I "accidentally" :rolleyes: bought a teeny tiny diamond . so I would like to make a custom BGD pendant with it. just try to figure out what the center should be like :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
minmin001|1328479123|3119713 said:

I "accidentally" :rolleyes: bought a teeny tiny diamond :Up_to_something: so I would like to make a custom BGD pendant with it. just try to figure out what the center should be like :bigsmile:

Oh my... those "accidental diamond purchases" can be such a nuisance!!! :lol: :naughty: :lol:

I also noticed they have it in milgrain as well - are you interested in the smooth high polish finish or the milgrain? What colour is your accidental diamond? (I love that!!) so what colour gold are you leaning towards?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1328479335|3119718 said:
minmin001|1328479123|3119713 said:

I "accidentally" :rolleyes: bought a teeny tiny diamond :Up_to_something: so I would like to make a custom BGD pendant with it. just try to figure out what the center should be like :bigsmile:

Oh my... those "accidental diamond purchases" can be such a nuisance!!! :lol: :naughty: :lol:

I also noticed they have it in milgrain as well - are you interested in the smooth high polish finish or the milgrain? What colour is your accidental diamond? (I love that!!) so what colour gold are you leaning towards?

I do love milgrain but not sure if I can squeeze out an extra $100 for it. (all depends on the quote I will get) I was thinking about WG and my teeny tiny diamond is a 0.288 F, VS2 AGS diamond :bigsmile: I'm trying to go with the dainty look but not sure if it's too small... if it is maybe I will just try to find another stone to make it into a pair of studs

chele162

Rough_Rock
Hi there! I have a BGD Barbara pendant and I love love love it! It's SO pretty!! It was really important to me to get a bezel setting that didn't flip and this one does not. I've worn it continuously for the last month and it has not flipped at all! My diamond is a little bit bigger, at .80 and you don't feel it at all. The metal arches around the back of the pendant cover the diamond so that the diamond isn't against your skin. If that makes sense. :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Minmin, have you seen this posting and listing on DB?
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/beautiful-brian-gavin-bezel-pendant-for-sale-t171454.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/beautiful-brian-gavin-bezel-pendant-for-sale-t171454.html[/URL]

You'd have to find another project for your diamond and it isn't a Barbara, but it's worth thinking about ;-) It intrigues me also but I'm just not sure about affordability at this moment. I kinda did an accidental purchase myself!! :lol: (well, it was so totally preplanned and I harassed the heck out of poor Luann!!!)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
chele162|1328485602|3119775 said:
Hi there! I have a BGD Barbara pendant and I love love love it! It's SO pretty!! It was really important to me to get a bezel setting that didn't flip and this one does not. I've worn it continuously for the last month and it has not flipped at all! My diamond is a little bit bigger, at .80 and you don't feel it at all. The metal arches around the back of the pendant cover the diamond so that the diamond isn't against your skin. If that makes sense. :)

oh that's great to hear. Thank you for sharing! :bigsmile:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1328486379|3119784 said:
Minmin, have you seen this posting and listing on DB?
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/beautiful-brian-gavin-bezel-pendant-for-sale-t171454.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/beautiful-brian-gavin-bezel-pendant-for-sale-t171454.html[/URL]

You'd have to find another project for your diamond and it isn't a Barbara, but it's worth thinking about ;-) It intrigues me also but I'm just not sure about affordability at this moment. I kinda did an accidental purchase myself!! :lol: (well, it was so totally preplanned and I harassed the heck out of poor Luann!!!)

Yeah I saw that one, thank you!...it's not exactly what I'm looking and not enough of a discount for me to pull the trigger for the difference =(

chele162

Rough_Rock
minmin001|1328498966|3119909 said:

You're welcome! I hope that if you get one, you love it as much as I do.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

How long is your chain? Of the three fixed stoned pendants I've owned, the only one that hasn't flipped is 18" long. I wonder if that makes a difference.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
chele162|1328499767|3119914 said:

I most likely will get this. I'm trying to do something a little more custom with the barbara but all depends on the quote I get from them :bigsmile:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
MC|1328500162|3119918 said:

How long is your chain? Of the three fixed stoned pendants I've owned, the only one that hasn't flipped is 18" long. I wonder if that makes a difference.

oh that's interesting since I want to get the 16" one.

chele162

Rough_Rock

It might make a difference. I didn't use the one that BGD had with it. I use a 20 inch chain. For me, it's a good length of my neck.

chele162

Rough_Rock
minmin001|1328500345|3119921 said:
chele162|1328499767|3119914 said:

I most likely will get this. I'm trying to do something a little more custom with the barbara but all depends on the quote I get from them :bigsmile:

That sounds exciting! Can't wait to see the new project! :)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
chele162|1328500431|3119923 said:

It might make a difference. I didn't use the one that BGD had with it. I use a 20 inch chain. For me, it's a good length of my neck.

do you mind to try it on and let me know? I think the one that comes with BGD is 16"

chele162

Rough_Rock
minmin001|1328502348|3119945 said:

do you mind to try it on and let me know? I think the one that comes with BGD is 16"

I'm sorry, I would but I didn't even have them send me the chain. I knew that I wouldn't use it.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
chele162|1328503121|3119952 said:
minmin001|1328502348|3119945 said:

I'm sorry, I would but I didn't even have them send me the chain. I knew that I wouldn't use it.

ah ok, thank you =)

lktx

Shiny_Rock
I have the Barbara pendant on a 16" chain. I asked my SO if he noticed, and he said "it doesn't flip the majority of the time, not even 2/3 of the time, but it does flip."

I've tried to sum things up here, but I'm not sure this description makes any sense...I've found that if the clasp is sitting snugly against the back of my neck, such that the diamond sits a bit lower on my chest, it doesn't flip. However, if the clasp drops down lower on the back of my neck, bringing the diamond closer to my collar bone, I do notice it flipping.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
lktx|1328547862|3120158 said:
I have the Barbara pendant on a 16" chain. I asked my SO if he noticed, and he said "it doesn't flip the majority of the time, not even 2/3 of the time, but it does flip."

I've tried to sum things up here, but I'm not sure this description makes any sense...I've found that if the clasp is sitting snugly against the back of my neck, such that the diamond sits a bit lower on my chest, it doesn't flip. However, if the clasp drops down lower on the back of my neck, bringing the diamond closer to my collar bone, I do notice it flipping.

Thank you so much! This really helps me to make up my mind! :bigsmile:

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I have went with a 17" chain with my Barbara pendant...no flipping!

Joolz

Rough_Rock
Minmin: Did you ever get the Barbara pendant? I am considering it now, but wondering with how it is constructed if the chain can go through both loops so that it is less of a straight drop going through one (if that makes sense).

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
doesn't the chain go through the top of two of the loops and the third loop is at the bottom running horizontally?

I am considering this pendant as well, so I too am curious what the current wearers have to say! :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I received my BGD Barbara in June, when I had my 5mm OEC set in the WG version. It is on a 17.5" chain and it slides but does not flip. The chain goes thru the top of the 2 loops at the back (where they join together) and the bottom loop is more of a stabilizer to rest the diamond flush against your skin, not angled or tilted backwards.

I find the clasp does work its way around the necklace but not too 'busily'. That may be different depending on the mm size of your stone. Mine was a 5mm, so there is not a lot of room between the diamond and the loops, but if your stone was bigger, there may be more space and then more sliding. I don't know...

I love it tho! I've worn it everyday for a month now!!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I too have the Barbara and I love it I wear it everyday. I think I have taken it off 5 times since I got it Christmas of 2010. It is .52 and I have it on a 20" rose gold chain and I don't find the clasp to wander at all. Weirdly though I find I have two knots in the chain up by the laps. How the heck did that happen???
I never thought about the third loops job!
It rarely flips.
I recently thought about changing the chain to a slightly thicker one or a bead chain

Joolz

Rough_Rock
Thanks Enerchi and Elisateach. Now I just need to figure out which whether I want white or rose gold!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Barbara too and love it. Mine is small - about 1/3 ct and it does not flip much if at all. Mine is white gold, I think it's a 16" chain, and is such a versatile pendant.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katiedid|1343400707|3241346 said:
I have a Barbara too and love it. Mine is small - about 1/3 ct and it does not flip much if at all. Mine is white gold, I think it's a 16" chain, and is such a versatile pendant.

Ooh! Do you happen to have a neck shot of the 1/3 ct?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results