color
clarity

PS Server Issues!!!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Pricescope has been experiencing some server issues.

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are working to resolve this ASAP.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Kindest Regards,

Andrey
PS Admin

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard there are people suffering withdrawal due to the site being down :errrr: ;( . I cannot disclose names, however. :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1358969916|3362371 said:
I have heard there are people suffering withdrawal due to the site being down :errrr: ;( . I cannot disclose names, however. :bigsmile:
lol!

thanks Andrey!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

I am putting my best people on it as we do not wish for anyone to suffer.

BTW: That made my laugh and smile.

Thanks

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the heads-up. It was very discouraging when trying to post replies to questions and not being able to get on, or get on only to get "stuck". I was concerned that new posters would move on out of frustration.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
PS Admin|1358974164|3362392 said:

Thanks
Okay, I'll come clean and admit that I was one of those who has been suffering MAJOR withdrawal ;))! Seriously though, thanks for posting an update, at least I don't feel like I'm the only one ... but like DS, I won't name names either LOL :lol: .

Just know that you're LOVED PS!!! :kiss:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i thought Andrey make me sit in the corner of the class room... ;(

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Andrey!!

I always think, but I didn't do anything wrong. :cheeky:

LOL DF!!!! :naughty:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Dancing Fire|1359012752|3362656 said:

He is DF. :sun:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Just a small update.

It appears that our wonderful community is just growing faster then I thought.

So we have ordered a new server and hope to have it mitigate any future issues.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS Admin|1358974164|3362392 said:

Thanks
Yes. That person's name is AME. This place gets me through a boring a$$ day at work. The site came back again and it was like the angels!!! :lol:

I know you're probably going mental over there. I hope that you can get it easily worked out.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a bit unsettling not to be able to log on here. . . thanks for your efforts at keeping us updated and renewed!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS Admin|1359054162|3362961 said:
Just a small update.

It appears that our wonderful community is just growing faster then I thought.

So we have ordered a new server and hope to have it mitigate any future issues.
PSers are so prolific we crashed the server!! Next we conquer the world!!!!!!! Bwaaaahaaaaahaaaaaa

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Woohooo!

Why, yes, I was having just a touch of withdrawal. Mitigated by the new jewelry books that arrived this week, but books aren't updated every minute with beautiful stones, great answers and friendly chatter.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been having major withdrawal! I hadn't realized just how many times a day I pop by to see what's going on, who has something new to share, etc. I've had to resort to extra chocolate and wine to get me through! There goes the "look awesome at the PS GTG diet"!!! :knockout:

Many thanks to Andrey, Ella and Erika for working so hard to resolve the issue and for keeping us informed. I'd heard that a small riot was in the works due to bling withdrawal!! :lol: Hopefully, level headed minds will prevail!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1359053287|3362944 said:
Dancing Fire|1359012752|3362656 said:

He is DF. :sun:
Ella...i want your job!!... :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of those double edged swords, I guess. You want to be popular, but not over the top!

Thank you Andrey, Ella, and all the other behind the scenes miracle workers.

Of course, it had no effect on me personally, as I can take or leave PS whenever I want...Really. No really. I can quit whenever, I just choose not to. :bigsmile: ;))

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
It seems we have cleared up some issues with the server.

We will be making some additional changes to the server for additional stability Jan 29th about 3 am.

We hope to make it quick and seamless.

If you notice any issues after that please use this thread to let us know.

Have a great day!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Latest Update

Things didn't go as planned this morning so we are going to try again tomorrow morning.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does that mean all our posts this morning are gone forever unless we retype everything from memory? :-o ;( I replied to well over a dozen threads and am not looking forward to regurgitating my old brain for info and retyping my lengthy replies.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We just finished the upgrade process. And hope to get back the posts that got lost in the process.

Again sorry for the inconvenience but we hope to make everything better.

We are currently testing to insure the upgrade is completed without any glitches.

Please let us know if you see any.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My thanks again, Andrey. In that case, I'll sit tight until things are put back in place instead of double posting. I (and others, I am sure) appreciate your continual drive to improve PS.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andrey - I don't know if this is important but since PS has been having server issues, my connection (generally) has gone haywire! Each time I've logged into PS, after a time (varies) my whole system crashes and I have to re-boot. If I don't login to PS, my system has been running fine. I just wanted to mention it in case others have experienced similar issues.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another issue Andrey :sick: - I made three or four posts today that seemed to successfully submit (back to threadpage w/ new post at bottom) but now they're missing, and they aren't in my post history..

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We have experienced the timing out issue and we are aware of and trying to recover the posts that were lost this morning. Please sit tight until Andrey can fix it. :))

We appreciate the assistance.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1359563771|3367343 said:
We have experienced the timing out issue and we are aware of and trying to recover the posts that were lost this morning. Please sit tight until Andrey can fix it. :))

We appreciate the assistance.

Quickest bugfix ever! Mine are back ::)

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Wonderful Yssie. Andrey has been awake almost all night working on these server issues. Please join me in thanking him. :appl: :appl: :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only two of mine are back but it's all right, I understand the stress of getting everything back online in a timely manner. If I lost 12 posts, add up all the tens (hundreds?) of posters and the number is staggeringly high!

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1359564558|3367352 said:
Wonderful Yssie. Andrey has been awake almost all night working on these server issues. Please join me in thanking him. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you Andrey!

I noticed a couple of my posts gone, but nothing too bad. The site seems to be running much smoother for me on all of the computers I use (including laptop, surface, and cell phone!).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results