shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP WITH RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone,
After learning a lot from PS, I feel at a lost with this stone. Please help.

1.87 RB
SI 1 "I" color

8.00 x 8.06 x 4.84

T. 54
D. 60.3
cr. 33.5
pav. 40.4
flour. none
culet. none

eye clean
I used the HCA scale and it came out excellent across the board, and was a .8...
what does this .8 mean, as apposed to a 1.7??
One more thing, the price is about $13,100??
Anyone''s insights is greatly appreciated,

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 11:00:48 AM
Author:louisvgirl

I used the HCA scale and it came out excellent across the board, and was a .8...
what does this .8 mean, as apposed to a 1.7??
it means the angles/proportions are different.
don''t worry.

have you seen it?

the price is nice.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Looks encouraging.

You didn't mention certification, did you?

If GIA or AGS...probably swell, and this is a comparable.

If not...pricing may be agressive, and...well...what is the certificate?

P.S Belle...your deep thoughts are too much!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
oops sorry, it is a GIA with very good cut.
Polish Excellent
Symm. Very good
They told me, it''s equivalent to an AGS 000.

What does that mean? Is a triple 000 better than a 0. or is it vice versa?

My concern is that although it''s a 1.86, it faces like a 2.0.. is this not a good thing?
20.gif
20.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 11:23:19 AM
Author: louisvgirl
oops sorry, it is a GIA with very good cut.
Polish Excellent
Symm. Very good
They told me, it's equivalent to an AGS 000.

What does that mean? Is a triple 000 better than a 0. or is it vice versa?

My concern is that although it's a 1.86, it faces like a 2.0.. is this not a good thing?
20.gif
20.gif
Several things going here...

Main thing...do you like the vendor.

Don't for the time being hold against them their mis-speaking, suggesting it's equivalent to an AGS0. When you plot it on the HCA...you see it's not really a candidate for AGS0. But, per HCA, which I'm sympathetic with, it's nice!

Though closer to 1.9 than 2, facing up...based on this...but this is fine...and I'm not certain how accurate this sort of data is.

The lowish score, however, and excellent for spread...is consistent with your comment...that it faces up efficiently wide for its weight. This is both a good thing...but also, what may prevent it from being an AGS0 candidate, and also, may give it some minor negative qualities for it's shallowness (dark when close up?).

Really, it's if you like the vendor...being a place to come back to, get servicing, etc. If so, the modest premium is probably worth it.

I'd say.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
A GIA with a very good cut is not equivalent to an AGS 0. The highest grade GIA gives is excellent. A GIA excellent may or may not fall into the AGS 0 [ideal] category, as the excellent criteria are broader than the ideal criteria. The 000 term has been replaced by 0. HTH.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
oh okay,got it.. the vendor is whiteflash....which from reading seem very reputable..so all in all does it sound like a nice stone? or should i keep looking?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2007 12:23:13 PM
oh okay,got it.. the vendor is whiteflash....which from reading seem very reputable..so all in all does it sound like a nice stone? or should i keep looking?
If it is an Expert Selection stone that they offer a full lifetime trade-in on, then I''d say it is probably fine. Do you have the idealscope picture, etc.?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock

They told me, it''s equivalent to an AGS 000.
???

23.gif

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
no, I don''t think it''s an expert selection stone/.. and i thought they have a lifetime trade up policy on all their stones. I have not seen the ideal scope picture yet.
One other question.
Do you think that with the size of this stone it being 8.00 x 8.06 x 4.84 on a size 4 finger, will look like a 2ct? Sorry it sounds so vain
11.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 1:03:10 PM
no, I don''t think it''s an expert selection stone/.. and i thought they have a lifetime trade up policy on all their stones. I have not seen the ideal scope picture yet.
One other question.
Do you think that with the size of this stone it being 8.00 x 8.06 x 4.84 on a size 4 finger, will look like a 2ct? Sorry it sounds so vain
11.gif
No.

Did you have this called in? If you have one called in, they will tell you whether it would be a candidate for upgrade.

Also, I would have someone really look it over and give their opinion. And an IS would be nice.

And yes, it will look like 2 cts.
2.gif

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
It''s going to get called in next week. They can''t do it today, because it would be sitting with Fed Ex all weekend. So they can''t do it till then. I want them to look at it and make sure ii''s absolutely "eye clean". So we have to wait..ugh..
40.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 12:49:57 PM
Author: Regular Guy

???

23.gif

Me too Ira. I asked about this. Louisvgirl, the rep was passing this on from the supplier, which I hope was made clear to you.We could only verify that claim with it onsite. In fact, since the cut guides don’t give it 0 light performance I would want AGS paper to describe it that way.As I told our rep, there are different interpretations - she assumed diamond suppliers were up to date.

I know we’re working on several options louisvgirl. Whether it's this or another, we will always bring a candidate in, put it through the paces and give objective feedback before making a recommendation.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 2:22:59 PM
Author: JohnQuixote

Date: 10/19/2007 12:49:57 PM
Author: Regular Guy

???

23.gif

Me too Ira. I asked about this. Louisvgirl, the rep was passing this on from the supplier, which I hope was made clear to you.We could only verify that claim with it onsite. In fact, since the cut guides don’t give it 0 light performance I would want AGS paper to describe it that way.As I told our rep, there are different interpretations - she assumed diamond suppliers were up to date.

I know we’re working on several options louisvgirl. Whether it's this or another, we will always bring a candidate in, put it through the paces and give objective feedback before making a recommendation.
Greater men and women have ventured onto and off of this site in the interest of conducting their commerce more efficiently. Not sure how to say this...but not everyone demands your attention, nor gets it.

Consider inviting your SAs to log on and join us. Per a previous post of yours I can't find...where you suggested you'd have their staff on here reading...though they were in front of the camera...maybe they could be invited to put pen to paper? To say hello or more. Other SA's from other internet vendors do pop in, ya know.

Maybe you can offer extra credit.

Just a thought. I'll bet they're reading, too.

Regards,

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you John Quixote and Regular, but now I''m a bit confused..are you trying to say to take what they are telling me with a grain of salt. Does the Whiteflash rep. kind of not know what she is saying...because now I''m second guessing it..she suggested another stone here are the specs on these.. she really likes the crown & pav. angles on this one...please tell me what you all think...because now I feel that I''m not going to make a good and informed decision.

1.98 SI-1 I color
8.10 x 8.14 x 4.90
GIA
cut. excellent
Po. vg
sym. vg
culet. v. small
flour. none
table. 58
depth 60.3
crown. 34
pav. 40.6
Eye Clean (supposedly) even though there are alot of inclusions on GIA

Please help me with this one. It''s being called in on Monday!!! and Now I''m getting scared that it won''t be good.
It did measure a .7 on HCA. with Excellent across the board Help!!
7.gif

its about $13,500. /??????
22.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2007 4:34:41 PM
Thank you John Quixote and Regular, but now I'm a bit confused..are you trying to say to take what they are telling me with a grain of salt. Does the Whiteflash rep. kind of not know what she is saying...because now I'm second guessing it..she suggested another stone here are the specs on these.. she really likes the crown & pav. angles on this one...please tell me what you all think...because now I feel that I'm not going to make a good and informed decision.
I work for Whiteflash lvg. Don’t worry, your rep is great. There are just some places that still classify AGS Ideal under old systems. We don't. Your rep had me look at the data on the 1.98 with her. It has great numbers. The plot is busy but with tiny characteristics. We’ll be able to provide a full, decisive analysis once it’s here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results