shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with Princess Of Hearts

qwerty55

Rough_Rock
I am looking at buying a princess of hearts. I love the fact that it sparkles like a round diamond but has a square shape. I like the hearts and arrows facets etc...

Now I have no idea what ideal proportions should look like.

How do I know if it is well cut or not?
I cant see them in person as I live in Canada and these stones are in the US.

This is the one I am considering right now..
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8060/

Is it cut too deep? Too shallow? How do I know? is there a chart somewhere?

I have no idea how to read all the little reports on this diamond can someone help me out...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would ask GOG, I am not that familiar with the POH. However this one gets AGS0 cut grade so that is good. As far as I am aware there are no 'ideal' parameters for POH, such as specific table/depth/etc percentages. I am also not sure how consistent the brand is, that could be something to ask GOG.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's ideal cut, so that is a pretty good indicator! I think it looks beautiful. I am just puzzled by the measurements because it looks closer to square than the measurements would indicate. But regardless, it looks good, so that is what matters most!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
DS maybe the measurements are taking into account the clipped corners?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great. Can't go wrong with a branded ideal cut (except that they're a little more expensive than non-branded ideals). Stones like this are cut to exceedingly tight standards.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I have a lovely POH from GOG - and I adore it! The stones are branded, and all are cut to similar specs (Ideal Cuts with variations largely due to size if I understand correctly).

With that said, I'm not in love with the hearts - or at least the pic - for the one you selected. That doesn't mean it is bad - just that I didn't like the shape of the hearts - they weren't consistent enough for my tastes - but IRL, that may not make a difference at all. Ifound these - who's pics I preferred. If you haven't already, ask Jon at GOG to put together a video of the one you like and a few comparison stones.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8093/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8063/

Have fun!

qwerty55

Rough_Rock
Yah I saw those as well, he actually brought one of those in for me to compare. He is making a video tomm so that i can see the difference. The only thing I dont like about the 1.45 carat is that it seems like you can see the inclusion on the table from the picture... I wonder if it is just the picture of it isn't an eye clean stone... I asked Charles at GOG to check if it is eye clean or not... Cant wait to see what he says...

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
you live in canada? so do i. i live in vancouver and have seen the extraordinary p.o.h. at metrotown mall (@ lugaro jewellers).

IT IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! BLEW ME AWAY!

i checked the p.o.h. site and the dealers are listed there. there are dealers in b.c., alberta, and ontario. just a little f.y.i.

you probably don't live anywhere near any of those places.

trust me when i say they're beautiful. they are :love: :lickout:

you've got exquisite taste!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It's pretty rare for a VS2 not to be eye-clean, but not impossible. You're probably fine. Just make sure they check it from the side view as well.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess vs PoH - they're *such* different looks!

Those three PoHs are gorgeous in that video :love:

qwerty55

Rough_Rock
Yes I know.. I think I am most likely going to go for the 1.45 carat G VS2.
The setting is a hearts on fire delight lady di in platinum.

manuel.thaigems

Rough_Rock
Hi Qwerty55,

My name is Manuel - I work for Thai Gems, a Princess of Hearts diamond distributor out of Vancouver, BC. In fact, the sole manufacturer of this diamond cut is based out of the same city.

I would be happy to help you out with your Princess of Hearts needs and answer any questions you may have about the cut.

Be sure to let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out on your quest to buy the perfect diamond.

Kind regards,

Manuel

stci

Ideal_Rock
What a big difference between Princess cut and Princess of Hearts!!!! I would jump into one of those 3 diamonds right away! Wahoooo!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results