shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help!!! Which is more important P/S or going up a color grade?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joey122

Rough_Rock
I have listed 3 diamonds in my budget. The ones I listed on a previous post are already sold so I have to act fast. I do realize these are only numbers, but I will only call in 1 of them, as they are from Whiteflash and they charge, per stone to call in. But, I wanted to know that when choosing one, which is more important...excellent polish/symmetry or going up a color grade from I to H (the stone will be set in platinum). Thanks for all your help!

I, VS2 with P/S Ex/Vg
I, VS2 with P/S Ex/Ex
H, VS2 with P/S Vg/Vg

Price: $4,809.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Round
Carat: 1.10
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 61.9
Table: 57
Girdle: M-STK
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.60-6.64X4.10

Price: $5,077.00
Carat: 1.06
Color: I
Depth: 61.1
Table: 56
Girdle: M
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 6.55-6.60X4.02

Price: $4,625.00
Carat: 1.10
Color: H
Depth: 61.6
Table: 56
Girdle: THN-STHK
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet:
Fluorescence:
Measurements: 6.61-6.67X4.09

joey122

Rough_Rock
I''d have to pay $55 for each stone they call in and for all that info...all i can get is the GIA report. Can the angles be calculated?
33.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
The new GIA certs have the angles on them.

I suggest you take some time to do some reading before you invest any money.
Take a look at the links I added above.

Scintillating...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would call in the second one with the ex/ex. not only because of the p/s but also, the girdle is 'mediium' whereas the other two have varying girdles. there are quite a few crown/pavilion combos that work well with a 56% table, so with the wider range you have a greater chance of getting some good angles.
#2 is where i would place my bet!
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'Guess you could avoid the $50 a pop trial and error...

E.g. 1 carat AGS I/VS this one got top marks for brilliance and proportions... and happened to have "only" 'Excellent' polish. Yeah... and that kept the price a bit below 5k instead of a bit over. There are a few more diamonds around 5k, H-I/VS2-Si1 with certs and proportions posted.

My 2c

joey122

Rough_Rock
I''m considering all you''re saying! Thanks for all your input. I got a 2006 GIA report for the 1.10, Ideal Cut, RB, I, VS1 diamond and I plugged in the numbers to the HCA. What do you think? Is the price right to even have it called in? $4,809? It says the results are for a symmetrical diamond with a medium girdle and very good polish. This diamond is VG symmetry, M-Stk girdle, and excellent polish. I know...this is all still "numbers" considering. I have to call in the stone before I can get a Sarin and Ideal Scope. Should I call it in?
33.gif

Selected: 61.9% depth, 57% table, 35° crown angle, 41.2° pavilion angle
The result is for a symmetrical diamond with a medium girdle and very good polish
HCA scores were adjusted Dec. 15, 2001 and Feb. 6, 2003.

Factor Grade
Light Return Very Good
Fire Good
Scintillation Good
Spread or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 3.6 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results