shape
carat
color
clarity

Please comment on my final two diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

james101

Rough_Rock
Well, after a LOT of searching, I think I'm down to two picks. Can I get some advice on these?

-----
61.5% depth, 57% table, 35.5° crown angle, 40.8° pavilion angle
=HCA 2.6

Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: VS2

Depth %: 61.6%
Table %: 57%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
6.48 x 6.44 x 3.98 mm

Chart: Has some needles and a "natural indent" on the chart near one edge (but being VS2 means that shouldn't be a big concern, right?)

---------

61.8% depth, 57.2% table, 14.6% crown, 43.2% pavilion, 0.8% culet
=HCA 2.1

Carat weight: 1.08
Cut: Ideal
Color: I
Clarity: SI1

Depth %: 62.0%
Table %: 57%
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium, faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
6.60 x 6.56 x 4.08 mm

Chart: Has a few tiny clouds on/near the table. Also has the fun "Additional Clouds are not shown" notation. (Aren't clouds usually pretty safe? I could always return this one if it's major, but that notation worries me a bit)

Update: Measurements added.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
are the prices quite similar? do you have measurements?

james101

Rough_Rock
Yes, both are around $5k. I''ve updated the first post to add measurements!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
you have c/p angles for the second?

The first is going to be a leaker id pass.

james101

Rough_Rock
Man, you''re killing me, strmrdr! :)

After all this back and forth with BlueNile, I''m starting to lean towards a Whiteflash diamond.

I''m not a big fan of their settings, though. I know I can get the diamond shipped somewhere local to get the setting, but I''d prefer to just go with a jeweler that is well recommended on this forum and have them do the setting and ship it to me. I don''t want anything too fancy, maybe just some nice sidestones.

Do any of the trusted Pricescope vendors sell something that looks kinda like this setting?
http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5228&catid=93&filter_id=0&nav1=settings_channel.asp&page=1&col=1&row=3&pos=7&set_shape=

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey james,
i have done business with wf and can recommend them highly. you should give them a call about settings. if they can''t get the stock setting that you want, you could get a custom quote. their prices are very reasonable. best of luck to you!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 11:17:49 AM
Author: james101
Man, you''re killing me, strmrdr! :)

After all this back and forth with BlueNile, I''m starting to lean towards a Whiteflash diamond.

I''m not a big fan of their settings, though. I know I can get the diamond shipped somewhere local to get the setting, but I''d prefer to just go with a jeweler that is well recommended on this forum and have them do the setting and ship it to me. I don''t want anything too fancy, maybe just some nice sidestones.

Do any of the trusted Pricescope vendors sell something that looks kinda like this setting?

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5228&catid=93&filter_id=0&nav1=settings_channel.asp&page=1&col=1&row=3&pos=7&set_shape=

Thats a pretty common design, both whiteflash and gog could supply simular.
Go with the GOG daimond and you might have enough to get it in plat :}

james101

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 11:53:13 AM
Author: strmrdr

I''ll do that.

Is there anything special I should know about settings for a H&A diamond? Are they much better off in a raised setting like some of the X-shaped settings at WF, perhaps in order to allow more light into the bottom of the stone? Or does that not matter too much?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 12:26:04 PM
Author: james101
Date: 11/16/2005 11:53:13 AM

Author: strmrdr

I''ll do that.

Is there anything special I should know about settings for a H&A diamond? Are they much better off in a raised setting like some of the X-shaped settings at WF, perhaps in order to allow more light into the bottom of the stone? Or does that not matter too much?

doesnt matter, they perform well no matter how they are mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results