shape
carat
color
clarity

Picture of the finished product

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candide

Rough_Rock
I am SOOOO happy. Another Mark Morrell masterpiece. The guy is a genius. I wanted something inspired by the lucida-type look, but she wanted trillons on the side too. So this is an adaptation by Mark with his spirit infused. Center is 2.86 round, sides are .4 carat each, trielles, by leon finker.

I down-scaled these pictures for memory reasons. can upload them with better quality.

Please be honest.... i am a bit worried.... the trielles are very faceted... is there a bit of a problem that the ''character'' of the the way they are cut differs too much from the center?

mwm.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it gives it a pleasant contrast.
I would have used ruby for the sides then it would be yummy!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is beautiful!!!
4.gif

I really like the contrast, it is a very pretty setting also!

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I think it's gorgeous.
love.gif

I like it when the side stones are different than the center stone - it gives the ring a nice contrast.
I think the sidestone compliment the center very well. Do you worry that the sides should have been rounds? I think this look is beautiful.
love.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow Candide..This is a very unique ring..Congrats and another notch for Mark Morell..
9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It's really amazing! The trillions look great!
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Very elegant.......beautiful! Congrats!

candide

Rough_Rock
Just to pass on more detail about my experience with Mark Morrell. Mark is a pleasure to work with and honest to a t. He is friendly and easy to talk too. When you are on the phone it is sort of like your good friend of 10 years knows how to create beautiful rings, and you are on the phone with him.

And his ability to dig out what you didn't realize was in your head all along, and turn it into a finished product is fantastic.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
He has truly outdone himself this time. I can't stop looking at that ring.
1.gif
Post it in the e-rings thread!
1.gif
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! From every angle!
love.gif

The trillions tend to add trailing lines off from the center set diamond preparing for the "thinner" shank. Very nice touch! Great balance!
1.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Those trilliants are gorgeous. I like the style of the ring. Very nice.
1.gif

gunsuka

Rough_Rock
Trade
Is that a website address stamped on the inside of the ring?!? It is not very clear, but it looks like www.something...

candide

Rough_Rock
LOL...NO.... it says MWM, for Mark W Morrell, the designer... it's his signature for the piece. The rest of the text is the platinum inscription

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results