carat
color
clarity

Perth WA - Diamond Bench Help please!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

I need some help from you all again.

I have had my GOG RB diamond for over 6 months now and it is high time I got it (routinely) checked as well as my setting.

I really want to go to a recommended bench, where I can sit with them whilst they check it out. So far I have not come across this type of set up, mostly just high end stores, where their bench is on other premises. At my jeweller back home in Glasgow, I used to sit in the room whilst it (my original non GOG RB) was checked. I even saw it being set.

Please, please help. With each passing day, I worry about it getting damaged/lost. I also have issue with insurance due to its value and the temporary nature of our stay here. (we have a visa for 4 years and are not permanently resident). That is still ongoing. :rolleyes:

I would really appreciate your help. I know that Mac-W, HOT and Arjunajane are all in this area, so if any of you care to give me any advice/recommendations, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance! :wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
*****BUMP*****

For the day crowd. :wavey:

cartea01

Rough_Rock
If you feel like a drive to Mandurah, there is a wonderful jeweller by the name of Andrew Ralph. He has his store in the forum shopping centre and a studio out the in Marina. He is a benchman and may be able to offer the service you require. He's very friendly and approachable.

This is his website http://andrewralphs.com/

And contact details
Andrew Ralph Diamond Jewellers - STUDIO
46 Dolphin Drive Mandurah
Ph 08 9534 7888

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Cartea, thank you so much!! I will check him out and will keep you posted!!! :wavey:

misssoph

Shiny_Rock
Blennerhasset jewelers in broadway fair have 5 jewelers working at the back of their retail shop. They also have a shop in Claremont but all the work is done in the broadway shop.
As retail rents are so high in Perth I think you will unfortunately find that most places have their workshops off site
Other places I know of that do some work on site include house of riches in Napoleon st, sinclairs in apple cross,
Cheers

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Misssoph,

Thank you for that!!! I will check them out.Very much appreciated.

I am intrigued to know what my fellow Perth citizens do. Do you speak to retail staff and then it goes to the bench? I have only ever dealt with the person who does the work, so this would be a bit daunting for me!! :-o

:wavey:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Softly,

Thank you!!! I remember your ring it is beautiful! Is it am aussie made one?
I have them Odgaard's on my list from a previous thread I read when I was still in Bonnie Scotland!!! hehe :lol:

Thank you all for your recommendations, it really means a lot to me!!!

:wavey:

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Susie my ring that you remember was not Australian made, but Odgaards did do a great job repairing another piece for me and were very pleasant to deal with. I hope you and your family are enjoying life in Perth. I live 'over east' now but have fond memories of my time there. My husband and son are fanatical Eagles supporters.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results