shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave Wedding Band Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
I am thinking of getting a pave wedding band. My concerns are these...

1) Sizing - can pave bands (with the diamonds all the way around) get resized at ALL? I didn''t think so because there is no metal to that can be cut out or stretched. Someone once told me you can leave a small gap at the bottom for resizing but does that look weird??

2) Comfort - will it be comfortable with diamonds all the way around or will it bother my fingers? I''ve tried one on very briefly and for the few minutes I had it on it didn''t bother me. But in the long run could it bother me??

3) Rubbing - my ering is a curved pave (pave royal crown vatche) and if I get the same style wedding band will the pave rub against each other?

I am not TOO worried about losing stones as I don''t have that crazy of lifestyle...i.e. nothing that would jar my wedding ring. Also, I am planning on getting some GOOD quality pave (who wouldn''t right?) anyway.

If anyone has experience with a pave wedding band or pics of one or just opinions I''d appreciate it! Thanks!!! :D

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 6:35:33 PM
Author:April Diamonds

1) I have heard that there a times when pave bands can be sized just a little bit when the benchman uses a lazer. I was told this when I inquired about sizing a Michael b full eternity pave band. I would check with vatche and see what they say about your particular band..I perfer full eternity but many opt for 3/4 or leaving the small gap for sizing reasons. personal preference..

2) most say that pave is very comfy and you''ll get used to it fairly quickly

3) as long as it''s not 3 sided pave, you should be fine. metal against metal doesn''t cause problems. vatche should make the matching wedding band no?

check out this thread for tons of pave wedding sets:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-diamond-eternity-wedding-sets.24556/

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
Leon Mege tells me that the only advantage to 3/4-around pave with regard to re-sizing is that the operation is cheaper. Whether the pave goes all the way around or not, you can only re-size so much and so many times. It''s simply more expensive to re-size an eternity band since it requires a laser and seamlessly integrating a new section of pave.

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
I have an eternity w-band, very dainty and tiny 1 pointers bead set by Quest. Similar to Tiffany''s Legacy eternity band.
1. Pete told me if it gets too tight he can shave off some metal from the inside.
2. Mine''s comfortable, but it could be because my ring is so thin so it doesn''t get in the way.
3. For my ring, there''s some rubbing, so the smooth platinum of the ering does get scratched. But no diamonds are rubbing against each other so I don''t really mind.

I was told you don''t really want to resize an eternity ring too many times. It ruins the integral structure of the piece thereby causing diamonds to pop out. My w-band is pretty sturdy, there''s a dent in the milgrain edge but the diamonds hold firm! That being said, Pete would like for me to send in my rings every 6 months so his staff can check the prongs.

Hubby and I like the look of an eternity band so much that we decided if my fingers do get fat, we''ll just have Pete melt the old ring to make into a larger eternity ring.
9.gif

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the comments everyone!!

I don''t really PLAN on getting it resized a lot but I just wanted to know...just incase! I too prefer the look of a full eternity band for pave so I was really thrilled with the idea of just going 3/4 (lest i wanted to save on cost)

mrssalvo - thanks for the link! your dog is so cute! Vatche does make a matching band which I am definitly going to try on, but I am planning on looking at other pave bands.

Trelala - LOVE the idea to just a large ring. hee hee. Will have to tell FI that. Also love your bouquet!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results