shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave halo split crown settings for yellow diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm narrowing my choices for a yellow diamond (almost certainly a raidant or a cushion at this point) and am hoping for suggestions for bead set white diamond pave halos with split crowns. A simple pave shank would work too, but I want to make sure whatever I end up with is different enough from my current e-ring so as not to look like I ran out of ideas and just did the same thing over again, LOL, and that it's substantial enough to be a "stand alone" ring and not look *lonely* without another band to keep it company.

My current inspiration is Katie Holmes e-ring, but I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay,
This novice doesn''t know what a split crown is.
Btw, thanks for offering to pick me up from the airport. I hope that happens someday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, good point--let me post a pic or two of a split crown vs. a split shank.

As for the airport offer--consider it an open invitation!!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Obviously this is split shank, but I came across it on Ritani and thought it would be worth posting just for kicks... there are a few others there where the shank is split a little higher but the space is filled in by white accent stones...

1PCY1617CRP_default.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, Ginos FIRST, then shopping (we''ll need the carbs for energy, LOL!).

Here is a pic of Katie''s e-ring. I have a better one but I can''t figure out how to convent it to a jpeg file (and I''m too embarrased to ask my husband, LOL... ) I like this because the split occurs closer to the stone with a split crown than it does with a split shank. There''s also a Daniel K that Mrs. S. tried on that I''ll try to post a pic of too.

splint crown.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a clearer pic.

split crown 2.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a Daniel K.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops -- trying again.

Daniel K 1.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Split crown ... Split crown!! Have you seen pix of Britney Murphy''s TWO new engagment rings .. one is a yellow radiant with a halo of white diamonds & one is a 5 ct cushion in a split crown setting.

HA!! If you''re like her -- don''t choose!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And more from the side view.

Daniel K 2.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2007 10:06:42 PM
Author: decodelighted
Split crown ... Split crown!! Have you seen pix of Britney Murphy''s TWO new engagment rings .. one is a yellow radiant with a halo of white diamonds & one is a 5 ct cushion in a split crown setting.

HA!! If you''re like her -- don''t choose!!

NO I have NOT seen these pics -- where are they?!?

(As for not choosing... maybe if I was married to HER husband, LOL!)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still don't get how the crown is split.
P.S. I love Katie Holmes' rings, but not her 'husband.'

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loving these split crowns Dee*Jay!!! I like the delicate nature of Katie''s ring. It''s a nice compliment to your ering if you will. What a FUN project!!!!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeff, I love this idea, especially with a nice trilliant in the middle, but I'm afraid it looks too much like the current version of my e-ring. Maybe if I did *tiny* half moons and had the pave wrapped around them...

LOL Harriet, Mrs. S. had to teach me the difference earlier today between a split shank and a split crown!

Lisa, do you think KH's setting would look OK with a radiant too? That's the shape I'm most leaning toward at this point.

Ann, you must be PSYCHIC! I just saved a Mark Patterson pic (although it has a round center stone) as an exaple.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 10:14:38 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Jeff, I love this idea, especially with a nice trilliant in the middle, but I''m afraid it looks too much like the current version of my e-ring. Maybe if I did *tiny* half moons and had the pave wrapped around them...

LOL Harriet, Mrs. S. had to teach me the difference earlier today between a split shank and a split crown!

Lisa, do you think KH''s setting would look OK with a radiant too? That''s the shape I''m most leaning toward at this point.

Ann, you must be PSYCHIC! I just saved a Mark Patterson pic (although it has a round center stone) as an exaple.

DeeJay - I was scrolling through my saved pics and landed on a pic of your Jack K !!
I love that shank on that Mark P ring, it''s kinda twisted.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann - how did you get the pic of the yellow asscher that you posted? The first one of the sapphire rings that comes up on Mark Patterson.com is almost exactly what I mean but I can''t figure out how to freeze it long enough to save the pic?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wait, I think I''ve got it.

MP sapphire.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Dee Jay, I have no idea where I got that pic. Or when!
I have GOBS of pics saved from ages ago. I wish I could help you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If someone has any magic photoshop skills, I would be most appreciative if you could (a) get the top sapphire ring to climb off of the other one, and (b) make the stone yellow to give me a better idea of what it would really look like (I'm SO bad an visualizing things).

ETA: I swear to g*d Ann, you read my mind! These are EXACTLY the pics I was sitting in front of my computer staring at earlier today!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 10:40:36 PM
If someone has any magic photoshop skills, I would be most appreciative if you could (a) get the top sapphire ring to climb off of the other one, and (b) make the stone yellow to give me a better idea of what it would really look like (I''m SO bad an visualizing things).

ETA: I swear to g*d Ann, you read my mind! These are EXACTLY the pics I was sitting in front of my computer staring at earlier today!!!
yes well a couple of those rings look waaaaay too much like the brick, unless you want a brick in every color!! ;-)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, Sara, the setting I'm MOST drawn toward at the moment is another Kelege (but without side stones). I'm not gonna let myself do it though, becuase as far as designers go Kelege is a one trick pony and I would indeed end up with virtually the same thing all over again!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 10:45:32 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
yes well a couple of those rings look waaaaay too much like the brick, unless you want a brick in every color!! ;-)

ha, I was thinking the exact same thing. I see the tiny differences in the shanks etc. but the square halo around the colored stone is still going to look very similar to your e-ring. Would you be open to a split shank no halo? also, deco is right about checking out Britney Murphy''s rings. there are in this weeks People Mag. If I have a chance tomorrow I''ll scan the picture for you.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay ... here''s Brittney''s yellow one .. it''s actually a cushion, not a radiant:

brittneyyellow.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 10:48:01 PM
LOL, Sara, the setting I''m MOST drawn toward at the moment is another Kelege (but without side stones). I''m not gonna let myself do it though, becuase as far as designers go Kelege is a one trick pony and I would indeed end up with virtually the same thing all over again!

Dee Jay - funny we like the same things. I kept looking at an oval setting I have saved from Jack Kelege and I thought, nah, too much like her new one. But oh my! it was so pretty!
Does JB Star have anything, Michael Barin, Toby Rhinehart ??? (all on my lists!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results