shape
carat
color
clarity

opinions on the blue tint

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
when i look at pictures taken with my digicam, i have noticed that one of my diamond earrings often has this blue tint. can any1 explain why?

has any1 experienced this b4 first hand and does any1 know if this has occured b4 in other cases?

5.gif

earring.JPG

spicolicpa

Shiny_Rock
Do a search on fluorescence.....its a cool thing most of the time!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We can't really see the picture because of the size, but diamonds can be extremely difficult to photograph without a myriad of expensive lighting equipment and special lenses... Most household lighting will tend to make diamonds look yellow, fluorescent lighting tends to make them look blue... You might try making an opaque dome to control the illumination of the earrings by cutting the bottom off of a one gallon milk jug, lighting it from the outside on four sides and then shooting a picture through the hole that you would normally pour the milk out of... We have a corner in our store where the sun comes through "just right" between ten and eleven o'clock in the morning which is diffused just enough to enable us to capture an excellent image every time without all the hassle of milk jugs and such, but it took a lot of experimenting in various locations to find just the right spot... We hope this helps... Good luck!

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
yeah i know about fluorescence, was hoping that that's what it was and not "omg, its not a real diamond!"

nice&ice, thanks for ur suggestion but its very doubtful that i'd be able to do that where i am at. we only have milk cartons and i wont be able to light it properly from 4 sides myself.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results