shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions about these specs!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
What is a fair and decent price to pay for this diamond ring?? Do these specs make for a good and sparkly diamond?? Someone help, please!!!
9.gif

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
OOOPS!! I need to post the specs, don''t I?? HEE HEE

Platinum ring
center diamond-1.00 marquise cut
clarity-SI1
color-J
Polish-very good
Symmetry-good
Measurements-11.4 x 5.19 x 2.87 mm
Depth-55.3%
Table-62%

Side diamonds-10 princess cut
.45 carat
2.0 x 2.0 mm

So how does this ring sound with these numbers??
33.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is virtually impossible to determine how a fancy shape such as this will perform by the numbers alone. where are you considering purchasing this ring from? will you be able to see it?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
belle''s right. With the fancy shapes you can''t tell a whole lot from the numbers alone. You need to see the stone. Is this from a B&M or is it from an online vendor??

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
I am considering buying off of ebay. The seller has 100% positive feedback and over 1100 transactions. The picture of the ring is beautiful, but not very detailed. I wouldn''t be able to see the diamond ring until purchased. That''s why I am asking...
40.gif
33.gif
34.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
buying jewelry on ebay is risky at best. would you mind sharing the link?

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure how to set up a direct link, but here is the website...
www.ebay.com
go into the search engine,
enter item no. 4996918788

Hopefully that will help?!
20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the link
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I found under that number (LINK) - rather scary stuff!

- stock photo (so what you see is definitely not what you get)

- pie-in-the-sky lab report for alleged J/SI1. Ever heard of GHI the lab ?

- price very low: enough out of line to demand further investigation unless the seller is in fact some sort of charity.

Basically, ther's nothing on that page to motivate my confidence. But that's just me, of course.

Since this is supposed SI1 and a shallow marquise with relatively large table, I would be amazed if nclusions do not show big time. This may not be the case, but witout seeing the thing it is not possible to tell. That price may in fact be justified if this is unatractive. And if it is not... why on Earth don't they show the merchandise ?
33.gif

Ebay feedback just says that whoever the customers of this shop are, they were not wronged badly enough to comlplain. If the seller's return policy works (even taking lots of struggle and effort from the buyer's part), feedback ratings remain good - but that doesn't mean the merchandise is everybody's dream. So... I don't take that for granted, and do not believe that feedback to be as good as certification for a well known lab & seeing what I am geting. Who would shell out thousands for uncertified diamonds sold sight unseen ?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 10:22:27 AM
Author: valeria101
This is what I found under that number (LINK) - rather scary stuff!

- stock photo (so what you see is definitely not what you get)
- no lab report for alleged J/SI1
- price very low: enough out of line to demand further investigation unless the seller is in fact some sort of charity.

Since this is supposed SI1 and a shallow marquise with relatively large table, I would be amazed if nclusions do not show big time. This may not be the case, but witout seeing the thing it is not possible to tell. That price may in fact be justified if this is unatractive. And if it is not... why on Earth don''t they show the merchandise ?
33.gif

Ther''s nothing on that page to motivate my confidence. But that''s just me, of course.

Ebay feedback just says that whoever the customers of this shop are, they were not wronged badly enough to comlplain. Who would shell out thousands for uncertified diamonds sold sight unseen ?
agreed.

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I now realize this is not a good choice. I had my reservations, but just wasn''t sure. You guys have helped me tremendously...I am going to buy only what I can see in front of me...I guess secretly
11.gif
I really didn''t want to fork over the money for a ring I can''t even see!!! Thanks again!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results