shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion please on a Ideal J/SI1...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mandas

Rough_Rock
I think I found a beutiful rb diamond for my anniversary ring. I found it here on pricescope through the cut quality search. Below is the link to it on James Allen. As I await the report on how eye clean it is and such, I thought I would ask some opinions. The setting is also on the site and has trilliant cut AA sapphires on either side. I thought the med. blue fluor. would help the J.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/J-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Round-Diamond-1111994.asp?b=16&a=12&c=77&cid=131

http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_382-1731_build.asp?module=setting

Thanks in advance,
Amanda

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a beauty!! I''d buy it if I were in the market. Love the setting too! Can''t wait to see it when you receive it! Go For It!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amanda, that is a super pick and the med blue is a nice bonus! Please may we have some pics when you get it???
30.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
That diamond looks like a winner to me!
36.gif
Lovely setting, too. Can''t wait to see the finished product!

mandas

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the confidence booster. I thought it was too good to be true! I am working with Jennifer at James Allen and she has been very helpful. I have been told that it faces up white and is one of the nicest J/SI1''s with no visible inclusions. We are upgrading the sapphires to Ceylon and changing the head assembly on the ring to sit lower. I''ll be sure to post pictures when it arrives.

mandas

Rough_Rock
Thanks again everyone. I cannot believe all that I have learned on this wonderful site. With that being said, and with all my new found knowledge, is it normal to second guess yourself all weekend long? We are going to make our final decision on Monday and I feel like I need to keep looking just to "make sure" this is the best diamond for our budget. This is such a major purchase for us and I guess I am really nervous.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 6:29:00 PM
Author: mandas
Thanks again everyone. I cannot believe all that I have learned on this wonderful site. With that being said, and with all my new found knowledge, is it normal to second guess yourself all weekend long? We are going to make our final decision on Monday and I feel like I need to keep looking just to ''make sure'' this is the best diamond for our budget. This is such a major purchase for us and I guess I am really nervous.
Yes. And after you purchase it too.
2.gif
It looks great! There should be no worries.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey OP I would second guess the setting. There was a thread here not too long ago on that exact setting and how it might not be safe for the diamond. I''ll try to find it for you if I can.

mandas

Rough_Rock
The setting is good to go. They are switching out the head assembly for something that sits lower, but not flush with the sapphires.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
The diamond is gorgeous. That looks to be a verry nice SI1 as well. Great find.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results