shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this Whiteflash EC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 10:17:57 PM
Author: peaches
gummibear: thanks for the lovely compliments!!! I am dying to see your finished piece, too! Any ETA on when you''ll have it on-hand??
2.gif
IN JUST A FEW DAYS!!! I can''t tell you how excited I am and how anxious I''ve been
26.gif
. I haven''t seen a picture of it, so it will be a total surprise. I will post pics as soon as I can, I promise!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 3:32:25 PM
Author: gummibear
Date: 4/5/2009 10:17:57 PM

gummibear: thanks for the lovely compliments!!! I am dying to see your finished piece, too! Any ETA on when you''ll have it on-hand??
2.gif

IN JUST A FEW DAYS!!! I can''t tell you how excited I am and how anxious I''ve been
26.gif
. I haven''t seen a picture of it, so it will be a total surprise. I will post pics as soon as I can, I promise!

OMG, I CANT WAIT!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
SO JEALOUS!!! I wish mine were only a few days away. You must be going NUTS by now!
2.gif

Cannot wait to see how it turns out!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 4:34:57 PM
SO JEALOUS!!! I wish mine were only a few days away. You must be going NUTS by now!
2.gif

Peaches- Have you decided what you are going to do about your setting yet?
31.gif

ps- we need more pics of your rock!!!!

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It''s funny you should ask that, Dani, because I was just thinking how much I loved the setting I saw at the jeweler''s and wondering why I didn''t just GO with it! I really confuse myself sometimes.
26.gif

I did request a quote from Leon -- he responded within less than 24 hours; amazing -- but the price he quoted is just a wee bit more than I can afford right now, especially since it doesn''t include the cost of the baguettes. But maybe for a 5th or 10th anniversary?

Hmm, I might be forced to make a lunchtime trip to my jewelry shop tomorrow...
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:46:01 PM
It''s funny you should ask that, Dani, because I was just thinking how much I loved the setting I saw at the jeweler''s and wondering why I didn''t just GO with it! I really confuse myself sometimes.
26.gif

I did request a quote from Leon -- he responded within less than 24 hours; amazing -- but the price he quoted is just a wee bit more than I can afford right now, especially since it doesn''t include the cost of the baguettes. But maybe for a 5th or 10th anniversary?

Hmm, I might be forced to make a lunchtime trip to my jewelry shop tomorrow...
1.gif

No matter what you do, I know it will be GORGEOUS!!!

Just curious, you mentioned this stone was an upgrade, right? What did you have before, and what did you do with the stone? Do you still have it?

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
My current engagement ring is a 0.64ct Asscher center stone (F, VVS2) in a bead-set mounting. My original plan was to replace the existing center stone with the new EC. But that was before I realized I'd end up with a 2ct stone! With the significantly wider size it would take some serious rejiggering (made up word) to accommodate the new stone, plus I think tapered baguettes look perfect with an EC. So new setting it is! I'm going to wear my original ring on my right hand!

PS -- adding new EC photos to the BlueNile thread.
1.gif

Here's a photo of my original ring...

asscher_ering.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh, your original e-ring is sooo gorgeous!!!! Can I ask you- does it bother you at all that you are dropping in color/clarity with your upgrade? (Doing research for myself- LOL!!!!.
2.gif
) Going from an F to a J, you havent not noticed any color differences? There''s hope for me then!!!!
2.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies....I''m baaaaack! And I have my ring!!!!!!!!!! She''s gorgeous and Leon''s work is amazing, way better than I even imagined.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I can''t wait to start a SMTR thread, but my camera sucks! I need to get a hold of a better camera soon, but here is a very terrible shot in the meantime, just as a teaser
3.gif

Peaches-- How is your ring project going? I''m so excited to see yours!

gummiring1.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
GUMMI! That is sooooooooooooooo not cool. Turn the marco setting on your camera and take some pics ASAP.

Seriously,I need to see it now.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Hi EM1!!! Macro doesn''t work!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I seriously might go out tonight and buy a better camera, solely for the purpose of photographing this ring!!!

Okay, here''s a slightly better, but still really blurry mess photo...

gummiring2.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Gummi that looks devine. Please take some more photos!

A couple of tips ............ Put the ring in a box to avoid shaking (one that has a pale background). Also lean your camera on something to stop the camera shake. Don''t get too close. Turn on the macro and then move in and out slowly until focused. Don''t use the flash.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:51:01 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds

A couple of tips ............ Put the ring in a box to avoid shaking (one that has a pale background). Also lean your camera on something to stop the camera shake. Don''t get too close. Turn on the macro and then move in and out slowly until focused. Don''t use the flash.
Thanks! I think my camera is just old and incapable of close-up shots. But, I''m still going to look for a shoebox now.
9.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
OMG...go borrow a camera from your neighbor stat! I can''t wait to see the detail on that beauty.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:53:23 AM

Date: 4/10/2009 9:51:01 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Thanks! I think my camera is just old and incapable of close-up shots. But, I''m still going to look for a shoebox now.
9.gif
Whoops, I think you meant put it in a light background ring box, not a box to keep out light. I tried to no avail. Guess I have to buy a better camera...FI will love that..."Honey, I need to get a new camera for my ring...oh, and an ultrasonic cleaner for my ring...and a new jewelry box for my ring!" And he thought buying the ring was the expensive part.
31.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
lol...he''s got another thing coming...lol.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 4:34:57 PM
2.gif

Peaches, my ring is here and I got some good pics...I just started a thread in SMTR!

How is your ring going?

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
IT''S HERE?? I cannot wait to see it! I''m heading to SMTR asap. :)

My ring...is another story. Without boring you with the details, an identical baguette setting will have to be created by the original designer. The order was just placed today so it''ll be another 2.5 week or so before it''s sent to my jeweler. Another 24-48 hours after that and the stone will be set. So I''m looking at somewhere around 3-4 weeks before I finally have this ring on my finger!

At least I get to live vicariously through you for now.
31.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Oh dear, I''ve missed a whole bunch of replies!

Dani: thanks for the compliment on my original ring! The drop in color/clarity doesn''t bother me at all. I was just comparing the two stones again today and I barely notice any difference on color and no difference on clarity! I assumed I''d be insanely color sensitive since I work as a web designer but I think I actually find the warmer tones more appealing.

gummibear: those photos look amazing!!! Can''t wait to see the full thread!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:45:51 AM
Hi EM1!!! Macro doesn''t work!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I seriously might go out tonight and buy a better camera, solely for the purpose of photographing this ring!!!

Okay, here''s a slightly better, but still really blurry mess photo...
eh...........hello! where did this baby come from?

Needs stats and of course better pics, I''m salivating at all these gorgeous ECs. (sorry for threadjacking Peaches).

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hee hee! No worries...Gummibear''s EC steals the show!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results