shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG, who knew this would be so difficult? Thoughts please!

Please pick your favorite solitaire setting!!

• MWM Petite Torchiere (4-prong version)

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • MWM Petite Torchiere (split prong version)

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • CvB Jovyn

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • Brian Gavin Grace

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Vatche Caroline

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Victor Canera Classic Solitaire

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: OMG, who knew this would be so difficult? Thoughts pleas

Hi Carbonfan,
I've been looking at solitaire settings for a while. While I love the clean lines of a four prong, I think the four prongs tend to square off the diamond, so you should prefer that look. I prefer six prongs because to my eye it retains a round shape. YMMV.

In terms of the basket, I prefer baskets without the stabilizing bar (that runs horizontally, just below the girdle of the stone). I like to see as much stone (as much of the pavilion) as possible so I gravitate towards classic "Tiffany style" prongs.

So, I'm a six prong, "Tiffany style" girl and the most stunning Six prong I've seen is the Mark Morell Petite Torchiere. Two videos are below.
The first video shows modified prongs.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7iVwAhwMbCQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2IKLSbac4

The reason I like this particular setting is that Mark Morell is known for impeccable finish of platinum. One member here calls it "liquid platinum". I love the aspect of comfort, with smooth, highly polished, rounded edges, and I love the taper towards the basket. I love the way each prong looks like a wave, and I love the heart shaped prong tips. I love the little surprise diamonds too but you should be aware that they can scratch another ring that lies against them. It looks to me as if his basket will accommodate another ring lying next to it.

Many people here love the CVB Jovyn. I adore Caysie's work, but to me the Jovyn is a little too delicate and a little too "sharp". What I mean by this is that the claw prongs look very extreme to me, and each prong tapers visually the closer you get to prong. It reminds me of a crow claw, actually, a little "Goth". So it's not a soft look. Her band is also slightly knife edged.

On the Jovyn, I do like the design where the band meets the basket where it remains flatter, rather than a band that tapers upward to meet the basket. If I could modify one thing about the Petite Torchiere it would be to not taper the band upwards to meet the basket. The tapering upwards might be to emulate the lines of a cathedral setting, but it's not as graceful to me to have solid metal rather than an actual cathedral.

Even though the general look is similar, I prefer the slightly more rounded and slightly more hefty look of the MWM Petite Torchiere.

I think Caysie might be able to modify the Jovyn, and MWM might also be able to modify the Petite Torchiere. Both are respected artists and designers. So, long story short, my vote is for a six prong in platinum, going with either a Jovyn or a Petite Torchiere. I'd add little diamonds to the basket if they can be placed so they don't interfere with a wedding ring.

Good luck!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1483763407|4113213 said:
I am a person who prefers symmetry. So I would choose a non-tapering, non-widening shank. Other people have other opinions. I think it's very personal. Have you gone out and looked at some differing tapering and non-tapering shanks in real life? I am assuming that the shank is about 2mm at it's widest, so a tapering shank wouldn't taper that much, unless if you want it to taper to a small point. When you already have a 2 carat stone, to me, it looks quite large compared to a 2mm shank, so I don't need the taper to make the diamond look bigger, which is one of the reasons people like it.

I wonder what other people prefer and why.

Thank you for sharing these thoughts! I concur with all of this... for me personally symmetry is synonymous with beauty so I think I would prefer a non-tapering, uniform shank. If there was a very subtle taper I would be open to that; I just wouldn't want anything dramatic. Victor seems to have "graceful" designs down to a science, so if he prefers a slight taper for the cathedral shoulders I would be inclined to trust him on that aspect. All of that said, I do plan to visit a B&M store to check out tapering styles, just to make sure I know what they look like on me. I have always had non-tapering, so a tapering band would be somewhat of a departure from my experience. But then again, I am ready to shake things up a bit and break with my past traditions (e.g., switching from pave shank to plain shank and from "floating" look to cathedral). Sometimes change can be wonderfully invigorating! Thank you again for chiming in on this! :)

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1483802289|4113272 said:
Yay for contacting Victor. You have a large diamond and it will be worth it to invest in it.
I personally prefer the tapered classic design but it's a very personal choice. I love the elegant and flowing look. I do like the uniform shank as well. To my eyes it looks more modern.

Thanks Acinom! It has been a dream of mine to have the opportunity to work with Victor. This feels like the right time, and I know it will be worth it to get this right! And yes, I realize in retrospect that most of the characteristics I have posted about are almost purely a matter of personal preference. It has taken me a while to figure out what I want and I have probably spent way too much time contemplating it! Even though most of the choices come down to personal/aesthetic preference, I have found it so helpful to read others' posts in the forum and to gain insights from members of the PS community. At this point I am certain that I want a plain shank, cathedral setting with a donut and a swoopy basket. Getting to this point is practically a milestone of sorts! You also make a great point about the elegant (tapered shank) vs. modern (uniform shank) distinction... I hadn't thought about it that way but I definitely see what you mean. Thank you!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LightBright|1483813216|4113321 said:
Hi Carbonfan,
I've been looking at solitaire settings for a while. While I love the clean lines of a four prong, I think the four prongs tend to square off the diamond, so you should prefer that look. I prefer six prongs because to my eye it retains a round shape. YMMV.

In terms of the basket, I prefer baskets without the stabilizing bar (that runs horizontally, just below the girdle of the stone). I like to see as much stone (as much of the pavilion) as possible so I gravitate towards classic "Tiffany style" prongs.

So, I'm a six prong, "Tiffany style" girl and the most stunning Six prong I've seen is the Mark Morell Petite Torchiere. Two videos are below.
The first video shows modified prongs.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7iVwAhwMbCQ
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2IKLSbac4

The reason I like this particular setting is that Mark Morell is known for impeccable finish of platinum. One member here calls it "liquid platinum". I love the aspect of comfort, with smooth, highly polished, rounded edges, and I love the taper towards the basket. I love the way each prong looks like a wave, and I love the heart shaped prong tips. I love the little surprise diamonds too but you should be aware that they can scratch another ring that lies against them. It looks to me as if his basket will accommodate another ring lying next to it.

Many people here love the CVB Jovyn. I adore Caysie's work, but to me the Jovyn is a little too delicate and a little too "sharp". What I mean by this is that the claw prongs look very extreme to me, and each prong tapers visually the closer you get to prong. It reminds me of a crow claw, actually, a little "Goth". So it's not a soft look. Her band is also slightly knife edged.

On the Jovyn, I do like the design where the band meets the basket where it remains flatter, rather than a band that tapers upward to meet the basket. If I could modify one thing about the Petite Torchiere it would be to not taper the band upwards to meet the basket. The tapering upwards might be to emulate the lines of a cathedral setting, but it's not as graceful to me to have solid metal rather than an actual cathedral.

Even though the general look is similar, I prefer the slightly more rounded and slightly more hefty look of the MWM Petite Torchiere.

I think Caysie might be able to modify the Jovyn, and MWM might also be able to modify the Petite Torchiere. Both are respected artists and designers. So, long story short, my vote is for a six prong in platinum, going with either a Jovyn or a Petite Torchiere. I'd add little diamonds to the basket if they can be placed so they don't interfere with a wedding ring.

Good luck!

Thank you for sharing all of these thoughts, LightBright! You bring up some fantastic points. It is so enlightening to hear everyone's perspectives and I love the variety of opinions, all of which have been incredibly helpful! I can totally see why you love the MWM Petite Torchiere so much... it has certainly caught my attention as well, and some of his customized pieces are truly amazing as well. And yes, the "liquid platinum" effect sounds quite dreamy and those videos are droolworthy! :lickout: I appreciate your thoughts on Caysie's work as well, and good to know that the Jovyn has a slight knife edge. Right now I am inclined to make an inquiry to VC, but if I have any reservations along the way I would certainly not hesitate to contact Mark or Caysie. They both sound like delightful people and their work is out of this world divine!! I appreciate your insights and I will keep everyone posted! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My first choices would be Caysie and Victor for solitaires, and I look forward to hearing what you decide after talking with vendors!

Just wanted to add that any custom ring can have any style prongs you want. I know Caysie has done Tiffany style tabs on the Jovyn as well as the claws. Claws can be any size.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a great idea to go to local jewellers to see what looks best on you.
And I know from my own experience how supet helpful it can be to hear opinions from other PSers, even if they have a different taste.
It will also help you to ask for some quotes once you have figured out what design you prefer:
- who reacts quick?
- who has a clear/ understandable quote?
- are adaptions possible to an existing design?
- who is the most customer friendly?
- who do you trust the most that they can create what you envision without you micromanaging them?
Quality comes with a price but I assume there are limits and you should choose your dreamsetting for a price thst you feel is 'worth it' and also depending on your budget.

Enjoy the process!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1483824057|4113366 said:
My first choices would be Caysie and Victor for solitaires, and I look forward to hearing what you decide after talking with vendors!

Just wanted to add that any custom ring can have any style prongs you want. I know Caysie has done Tiffany style tabs on the Jovyn as well as the claws. Claws can be any size.

All of this is wonderful to know, DS! I want to start with Victor but I may reach out to Caysie as well. I am confident that I would be in exquisite hands with either one of them!

It is also great to know that the prongs can be specified for any custom ring. I am partial to claw prongs so long as they are delicate (and likely will do double claw in this case), and both Victor and Caysie seem to craft amazingly beautiful claws!

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I have never pursued a custom project so I am going out on a limb in a way, but I feel really excited about it! I will keep you posted as things progress! :twirl:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1483824370|4113368 said:
It's a great idea to go to local jewellers to see what looks best on you.
And I know from my own experience how supet helpful it can be to hear opinions from other PSers, even if they have a different taste.
It will also help you to ask for some quotes once you have figured out what design you prefer:
- who reacts quick?
- who has a clear/ understandable quote?
- are adaptions possible to an existing design?
- who is the most customer friendly?
- who do you trust the most that they can create what you envision without you micromanaging them?
Quality comes with a price but I assume there are limits and you should choose your dreamsetting for a price thst you feel is 'worth it' and also depending on your budget.

Enjoy the process!!

Thank you for sharing such sage advice, Acinom... I will certainly consider each of these factors before selecting a vendor. And yes, visiting a local shop beforehand should help me nail down preferences on some of the more subtle aspects (tapering vs. non-tapering shank, etc.)! I am sure that VC will run more than CvB (her prices seem ridiculously reasonable!) but I am willing to pay a bit more for VC in light of everything I have heard/read about him. I was previously looking at the Vatche Caroline but found out that it was going to run ~$2500 in my case, so although I love Vatche I think I would rather pay a bit more and bring Victor into the loop! I really appreciate you bringing up the various considerations about vendors; this is really helpful. I am looking forward to doing my research and moving forward with the project... in fact, just thinking about it makes me giddy! :loopy: Thank you again!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

So... I took a deep breath and I sent an e-mail to Victor today! Thank you to everyone for the encouragement... my life is about everyone else 99% of the time so sometimes I need those "nudges" to take a proactive step in this type of project! :) I truly appreciate all of the insights shared as they helped to clarify my vision of this ring. I will keep you posted as things transpire... suffice it to say that I am beyond excited!!! :loopy:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good for you - that's wonderful! Please be sure and come back and let us know what he says/suggests!!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks MGR! Victor wrote back within 12 hours and he truly couldn't be more delightful or gracious. We are still brainstorming about a few details but he is very willing to craft a creation with the specifications that I requested. I feel both humbled and giddy (I have only just discovered that it is possible to feel both of these sentiments simultaneously!) about the possibility of working with Victor as this has been a dream of mine. Is it crazy that I am over the moon with excitement about this project??? :loopy:

Today had special significance for me as our first child was born on Friday the 13th (8+ years ago) and since that day we have always considered Friday the 13th to be our "good luck" days! Many wonderful things transpired today, not the least of which was receiving some helpful clarification from Victor. So having all of this happening right now feels practically serendipitous! As new details emerge and things become clearer I will come back with updates! :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How exciting for you!
Victor is such a pleasure to work with (especially if you trust him and not mictomanage him).
I am looking forward to see what you come up with together with him. :appl: Enjoy the process.

And what a great symbolic meaning that your child was born 8 years ago. Congrats!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Carbonfan, that is fabulous news. Just the best, and on your lucky day too! Enjoy the process and I can't wait to see your final piece. I am so looking forward to it. I think I will love it so much I will want to copy it. Just warning you in advance! ;-)

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1484371128|4115213 said:
How exciting for you!
Victor is such a pleasure to work with (especially if you trust him and not mictomanage him).
I am looking forward to see what you come up with together with him. :appl: Enjoy the process.

And what a great symbolic meaning that your child was born 8 years ago. Congrats!!!

Thanks Acinom! I agree; Victor has been a dream to work with so far! Although I expressed a few design preferences I was careful to let him know that I respect his expertise and that I am more than happy to defer to his judgment. I consider myself a jewelry enthusiast to the nth degree, but I am by no means an expert, and his work speaks for itself! So thank you for the advice, and I will be sure to keep you posted on things. I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to work with him and I intend to savor every moment of it!

And yes, I am a sucker for sentimentality and I seem to find symbolism everywhere... our first child was born on June 13, 2008 (which also happened to be Friday the 13th), so although yesterday didn't mark his actual birthday, Friday the 13th doesn't roll around very often, so our family basically celebrates it as a "good luck day" each and every time, and yesterday was definitely a banner day for this girl! The simple things are what make me happiest, but yesterday brought an unexpected mix of wonderful developments. More to follow! :wink2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

carbonfan|1484360338|4115172 said:
Thanks MGR! Victor wrote back within 12 hours and he truly couldn't be more delightful or gracious. We are still brainstorming about a few details but he is very willing to craft a creation with the specifications that I requested. I feel both humbled and giddy (I have only just discovered that it is possible to feel both of these sentiments simultaneously!) about the possibility of working with Victor as this has been a dream of mine. Is it crazy that I am over the moon with excitement about this project??? :loopy:

Today had special significance for me as our first child was born on Friday the 13th (8+ years ago) and since that day we have always considered Friday the 13th to be our "good luck" days! Many wonderful things transpired today, not the least of which was receiving some helpful clarification from Victor. So having all of this happening right now feels practically serendipitous! As new details emerge and things become clearer I will come back with updates! :)

That is wonderful! I am excited for you! I have a granddaughter that was born on Friday the 13th too so I understand how having something wonderful happen on that day takes all the taboo out of it and makes it extra special!

Can't wait to see what you and Victor come up with - so glad you are excited - this is how jewelry is meant to make us feel!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1484437410|4115378 said:
Carbonfan, that is fabulous news. Just the best, and on your lucky day too! Enjoy the process and I can't wait to see your final piece. I am so looking forward to it. I think I will love it so much I will want to copy it. Just warning you in advance! ;-)

Thank you LLJsmom! And thank you for giving Victor a heads up for me... I mentioned you when I contacted him and he remembered you immediately! I will certainly keep you posted as things progress on the piece, and you are more than welcome to copy it if you wish... that would be the ultimate compliment! :)

This is such an exciting time, and surreal in many ways...it sounds ridiculous to say that this project has been years in the making, but in many ways it has, and I have done a ton of soul searching in an earnest effort to decipher what will make my heart sing not just now, but many, many years into the future, and I really appreciate your advice and the advice of others on PS as that helped me to clarify things definitively. I cannot tell you how excited I am about this project... everything seems to be coming together just perfectly and it all just feels *right.* It is hard to explain, but hopefully others on PS understand! Regardless, thank you for the encouragement... I really feel excited about the direction things are headed! :loopy:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1484448099|4115397 said:
That is wonderful! I am excited for you! I have a granddaughter that was born on Friday the 13th too so I understand how having something wonderful happen on that day takes all the taboo out of it and makes it extra special!

Can't wait to see what you and Victor come up with - so glad you are excited - this is how jewelry is meant to make us feel!

Thanks MGR! It is kind of a funny story, actually... with our first child I went to 41 weeks and was induced... 18 hours later they had tried just about everything and he was still holding out. It was about 10 p.m. on Friday, June 13th and I was probably a bit loopy by that point, but at the time I was secretly hoping that he could hold out until midnight just so he could be born on the 14th rather than the 13th. It sounds ridiculous now, but at the time all rationality had vanished and I was determined that he would not be a Friday the 13th baby! Well, 30 minutes later he was born, and that was one of the happiest moments of my life... to this day he thinks the "13th" aspect is really cool, and I obviously wouldn't change one thing about the series of events. Things always seem to have a way of working out for the best, and they certainly did in this case. Que sera sera, I say!

Thank you for sharing my excitement! I love what you said about the feeling that jewelry is meant to impart, and I agree! That said, this is a pretty big deal for me and I am pretty giddy by this point. I will definitely keep you posted as things progress! :)

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Exciting updates coming soon! In the meantime, I just wanted to thank you all again for sharing your insights and especially for encouraging me to contact Victor, which may seriously be the single best decision I have ever made, at least with regard to jewelry! ;-) Victor is such an incredible artisan, a consummate perfectionist, and such a kind and humble individual. He has been an incredible delight to work with and he graciously accommodated every one of the design elements I requested. Not only that, but he was so pleased with the end result that the design he created for me is now featured as a new offering on his web site! :twirl: I have the ultimate respect for Victor's work and equal respect for him as a person, and I am already looking forward to working with him again!

I do not have the ring just yet (he is in the process of creating a custom spacer for it) but I will certainly post a testimonial with pictures in the SMTB thread once I receive it! In the meantime, I just wanted to thank you all for encouraging me to identify the solitaire elements that resonated with me and to take a leap of faith by pursuing a customization project with Victor. If this masterpiece is not my forever ring then I don't know what is!! Suffice it to say that I am on pins an needles with anticipation to see the finished project in person!! In the meantime, I am grateful to all of you for nudging me to take this leap and grateful to Victor for accepting the challenge! :loopy:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How exciting Carbonfan! Can't wait to see your new ring - bet it will be gorgeous! Hang in there - hope it arrives soon!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Carbonfan! Nevermind. I found it!! Congratulations. I looks fabulous!! Perfect, I will just copy you. Yay!!

I do think I see it on his IG too!

:appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations!!!!

Wait. what size is your ring?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Exciting!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!! :dance:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks all! My heart skips a beat just looking at the photos! I have been analyzing settings for such a long time that this feels like the culmination of many years of deliberation, but I am so thrilled with the result. I can't wait to see it in person!! :loopy:

I am attaching the glamour shot that Victor sent me... I absolutely adore the double eagle claw prongs; they are perfection! And the scalloped basket with pave and the graceful cathedral shoulders are exactly what I have been dreaming about. Victor's reputation is well-earned... his work is beyond beautiful, just incredible.

Also, here is a link to the new design listing!
https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/...ire-with-scalloped-basket#cmp=fabk&p_key=0228

vc_masterpiece_.jpg

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1488405286|4135325 said:
Carbonfan! Nevermind. I found it!! Congratulations. I looks fabulous!! Perfect, I will just copy you. Yay!!

LLJsmom, thank you for your kind words! I am thrilled that you like it and you are certainly welcome to copy it!

With regard to your question, I am guilty as charged... I decided to go up to my "forever stone" size while I had the chance! It is a very long story and I will save the details for the eventual SMTB post, but the short version is that I love my CBI stone and am keeping it, but when I look at it I feel like it is a gorgeous 3-stone RHR just waiting to happen. Crazy, I know! But the nagging just wouldn't go away, and I decided that if I was taking the leap to have Victor customize a ring for me I may as well just cure my DSS once and for all and call it a day! So I went with a 3.2 carat ACA for this ring, and I will likely pursue the 3-stone project later this year (leaning toward Victor's Lily trilogy!) using the 2 carat CBI as the center stone. After that I will take a break from big projects and stick with stacking bands and more reasonably priced obsessions! :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

carbonfan|1488412711|4135368 said:
LLJsmom|1488405286|4135325 said:

LLJsmom, thank you for your kind words! I am thrilled that you like it and you are certainly welcome to copy it!

With regard to your question, I am guilty as charged... I decided to go up to my "forever stone" size while I had the chance! It is a very long story and I will save the details for the eventual SMTB post, but the short version is that I love my CBI stone and am keeping it, but when I look at it I feel like it is a gorgeous 3-stone RHR just waiting to happen. Crazy, I know! But the nagging just wouldn't go away, and I decided that if I was taking the leap to have Victor customize a ring for me I may as well just cure my DSS once and for all and call it a day! So I went with a 3.2 carat ACA for this ring, and I will likely pursue the 3-stone project later this year (leaning toward Victor's Lily trilogy!) using the 2 carat CBI as the center stone. After that I will take a break from big projects and stick with stacking bands and more reasonably priced obsessions! :D

:lol: Thanks for the confession, but I was asking about the ring size. But NOW I really can't wait for the hand shots. A 3.2 ACA?? How awesome is that? We must be related because I also drool over Victor's trilogy, and just love 3 stones, although I don't have one.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1488414117|4135373 said:
:lol: Thanks for the confession, but I was asking about the ring size. But NOW I really can't wait for the hand shots. A 3.2 ACA?? How awesome is that? We must be related because I also drool over Victor's trilogy, and just love 3 stones, although I don't have one.

Ah! I am a size 5 on that finger. Sorry for the mix-up; I wasn't sure whether you meant stone size or ring size! I am pretty new to ACAs but I am already in love with them, and I am over the moon about this one! I was prepared to wait a while, but WF had exactly what I was looking for at exactly the right time, so in many ways it seems that serendipity struck once again. It really feels like a dream, and I am still pinching myself about all of this! :loopy:

And I love that we have so many commonalities with regard to aesthetic preferences... we must be kindred spirits in that regard! Like you I absolutely love 3 stone rings but I have never had one, I seem to be gravitating toward classic, timeless pieces at this juncture!

I will report back once I have hand shots to share! I am eager to hear what you decide with regard to your ring, so please keep us posted! :twirl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

carbonfan|1488412424|4135365 said:
Thanks all! My heart skips a beat just looking at the photos! I have been analyzing settings for such a long time that this feels like the culmination of many years of deliberation, but I am so thrilled with the result. I can't wait to see it in person!! :loopy:

I am attaching the glamour shot that Victor sent me... I absolutely adore the double eagle claw prongs; they are perfection! And the scalloped basket with pave and the graceful cathedral shoulders are exactly what I have been dreaming about. Victor's reputation is well-earned... his work is beyond beautiful, just incredible.

Also, here is a link to the new design listing!
https://www.victorcanera.com/rings/...ire-with-scalloped-basket#cmp=fabk&p_key=0228

Love the design! So graceful with just the right amount of embellishment! Congrats on the ACA - I love mine too. I thought that stone looked larger in the video than the CBI. Glad you were able to put together the right stone with the right setting just for you!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1488424604|4135435 said:
Love the design! So graceful with just the right amount of embellishment! Congrats on the ACA - I love mine too. I thought that stone looked larger in the video than the CBI. Glad you were able to put together the right stone with the right setting just for you!

Thanks MGR! I am really thrilled with the way this turned out. I have probably spent way too many hours thinking about various settings and design elements over the years, but based on the photos and the video I believe that my obsessive overanalyzing paid off! On the other hand, I am 100% convinced that you can never go wrong with Victor, and I think I would love any of his creations! Anyway, thank you for the kind words... I am amazed by the way all of this has fallen into place and humbled that I will get to wear something so beautiful.

BTW, I really love your three-stone ring (and new center stone!)... it is absolutely gorgeous!! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

carbonfan|1488498594|4135765 said:
MissGotRocks|1488424604|4135435 said:

Thanks MGR! I am really thrilled with the way this turned out. I have probably spent way too many hours thinking about various settings and design elements over the years, but based on the photos and the video I believe that my obsessive overanalyzing paid off! On the other hand, I am 100% convinced that you can never go wrong with Victor, and I think I would love any of his creations! Anyway, thank you for the kind words... I am amazed by the way all of this has fallen into place and humbled that I will get to wear something so beautiful.

BTW, I really love your three-stone ring (and new center stone!)... it is absolutely gorgeous!! :love:

I think that careful thought and consideration definitely pay off regarding any expensive purchase. Choices made in haste often result in regret and disappointment. I think it is clear that Victor is very thoughtful in his designs; seldom do you hear of unhappy customers. I love the design of your new ring - you clearly thought out each detail resulting in a gorgeous ring!

I am enjoying my new center stone in my three stone setting and I hope you love your ACA every bit as much and I'm sure you will. I believe that when things are meant to be - jewelry or otherwise - things do fall into place rather easily. Whenever I find myself trying to push a round peg into a square hole I have learned to step back and reevaluate. Generally if it is that difficult, something in the equation is usually off. With age comes wisdom but what a learning curve we sometimes have to endure - lol!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks|1488506541|4135790 said:
I think that careful thought and consideration definitely pay off regarding any expensive purchase. Choices made in haste often result in regret and disappointment. I think it is clear that Victor is very thoughtful in his designs; seldom do you hear of unhappy customers. I love the design of your new ring - you clearly thought out each detail resulting in a gorgeous ring!

I am enjoying my new center stone in my three stone setting and I hope you love your ACA every bit as much and I'm sure you will. I believe that when things are meant to be - jewelry or otherwise - things do fall into place rather easily. Whenever I find myself trying to push a round peg into a square hole I have learned to step back and reevaluate. Generally if it is that difficult, something in the equation is usually off. With age comes wisdom but what a learning curve we sometimes have to endure - lol!

Thank you for sharing these wise words, MGR. I could not agree more! Like you, I have discovered that those things that are meant to be have a way of falling into place and working out for the best, often in ways I could not have imagined! When I find myself trying too hard to get something to work, I try to remind myself to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. And those are often the most important and insightful learning moments for me and I truly feel blessed. This life hands us a lot of learning opportunities, that's for sure, and I want to benefit from every one of them!

I am so thrilled that you love your ACA! It is a perfect match for your three-stone and it looks absolutely gorgeous on you! I truly applaud you for following your heart and exploring the possibilities. It took me quite a while to garner the courage to do the same, at least in the jewelry domain! Your efforts engendered an amazing result and you deserve to enjoy it forever and always! Congratulations again!! :clap: :love:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to provide a quick update! Sorry for the delay in posting hand shots, but a few weeks back I asked Victor to create a platinum spacer ring while he still had my engagement ring on site for reference. Victor completed this project quite speedily, but in the meantime I decided to ask him to create an eternity band as well. So as you can see, even though I have not yet witnessed the beauty of the engagement ring in person I am already in love with Victor's incredible craftsmanship! :love: He truly is amazing and I can easily understand why he has earned so many accolades and devotees on PS! Once you take the plunge to order a piece from Victor, well, you just want to order another piece from Victor. His artistry is habit-forming!!

Anyway, I just wanted to apologize for prolonging the suspense just a bit (I am on pins and needles myself!), but I will be sure to post hand shots once I receive the set. In the meantime, thank you again to everyone who shared insights, opinions, and encouragement throughout this journey... I truly appreciate it and I am already over the moon! :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results