shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure if I got the band I paid for???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clyparkr

Rough_Rock
I picked up my fiancee''s engagement ring last week and she just noticed today that there are scratches in the platinum band... they are very small cuts that are on the inside of the band and there also appears to be a letter on the inside of the band... Its making me wonder if the jeweler even gave me a new band or if he game me a used one.

We were wondering if someone else''s name at one point was inscribed and they just tried to remove it before giving it to us.

Do platinum bands scratch or get dents from banging into things?

Also we are going to an appraiser to get the diamond checked out... is there something he can do to test to see if the band is actually platinum?

Thanks

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Platinum is very soft and it scratches easily. Also, did you have the band sized? Often they are stamped PLAT, but if it was sized, some of the letters might have been removed and thus you can only see one of the letters. Same thing could have happened with any stamp on the ring if it were sized.

Any appraiser should be able to do a test to determine if it''s platinum, but you should be able to as well as platinum is VERY heavy, so a small ring that is platinum will still feel substantial.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results