• Poll closed .

SecondTimeAround

Rough_Rock
Here is a couple of profile shots.

Profile.JPG

SideProfile.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah. If you can do it handforged with Steven or even ERD's Handforged bench, then redo. But not with the same bench.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think that it's a truly beautiful ring, but I can completely understand your feelings. I often see rings on people that I think are beautiful for them and that would never be right for me. I also think that your in a fortunate position in that your jeweler is willing to work with you to re-do the piece, LM would never do that! Of course I'm guessing, but I think it's a good guess. ;-)

I vote for re-do, if you can easily afford it, and only if you are able to determine exactly what it is about the piece that you aren't in love with. It wouldn't make sense to assume that it was only the halo that you didn't like when it may actually be the tilt of the halo, or the size of the split shank, or any number of other things. I think you really need to take your time considering exactly what it is that you're unhappy with and then be sure that your communication with the bench person is very clear and detailed before you move forward and make any changes.

It really is beautiful though! I'd love to see even more photos! :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
IF you can easily afford it, and IF you both truly don't mind giving up the current setting, I vote redo - and this time go to the source of the inspiration and just have LM do it. That way there are no worries about getting it wrong again.

Ditto this. I don't think you should keep the setting this way because you are not happy with it. If you can swing the cost of having Leon do it, I would go that route so you can get exactly what you want.

Md123456789

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, I didn't realize how large your stone is! I take back my comment about finger coverage. Get the setting you love, girl!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Though I think your current ring is really pretty, I voted for "re-do." But I did that with the caveat of - if you can afford the LM that you really want. Hopefully you end up getting the setting you dreamed of!!! Or...if you can't swing the LM, you'll learn to love the setting you have now.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
onedrop|1337823145|3202194 said:
Though I think your current ring is really pretty, I voted for "re-do." But I did that with the caveat of - if you can afford the LM that you really want. Hopefully you end up getting the setting you dreamed of!!! Or...if you can't swing the LM, you'll learn to love the setting you have now.

+1 I think your ring is beautiful as is, but the ring you really want is made by LM, so if you can afford it, go for it.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I think LM's ring/work is much nicer. If you can afford it, just go with LM and remake the ring. I still find LM has the best flow and metal work - SK is almost identical. So I guess either LM or SK. If your jeweler is redoing it for free, I don't see why not give them another change. If you have to pay, I wouldn't bother and will go to LM or SK.

I made the mistake of not going with LM before and it was an expensive mistake. I went with someone with good reviews but the work is not compareable in my opinion and I was very unhappy. I ended up going to Leon and wish we did that in the first place.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
SecondTimeAround|1337804416|3201933 said:
mogster|1337802031|3201899 said:
If I may offer a small (unsolicited) suggestion -- if you are going to have the ring redone, I think a "Y" split shank (as opposed to a "V", if that makes sense) like Charmypoo's would go nicely with the delicate halo and look more Leon-esque.

I will post more pictures as soon as I get home. Charmypoo's is BEAUTIFUL. It is certainly a welcomed suggestion, I may have to rethink that -- THANK YOU!

Aww... thanks so much. I will tell you why I went with a small Y versus a V or two rows. Over time, I find an e-ring still looks best as a solitaire or single shank. My ring is designed such that it still looks like a single shank but there is a bit of uniqueness with the Y (small Y).

Chloegal

Rough_Rock
It is a beautiful ring and I`m sure the object of much envy and admiration.

But, what I would admit just here in this little world of diamond perfection is that I can see what you are unhappy with.

It lacks any `swoop`, there is no upward movement from the shank to the actual stone and halo. The eye has no where to look other than at a big stone plonked directly onto the shank. It`s all very low set....and that makes it seem sort of clumsy in design.

There is a lot of finger coverage, and that is amazing and beautiful, and what I am saying is just nit picking.....but the devil is in the details, and the details are not flowing and swoopy. The design lacks flow and movement and it almost looks like a cad picture.

As for pointing out the details I am not clever enough to know what makes one design perfection and another not but experts here seem to mention things like melee size and height of diamond from shank etc

Good luck.

I actually have a ring that`s big finger coverage and not pleasing to my eye and I have just put it into the too hard basket. Rarely does throwing good $ after bad hit the spot.

If you can afford to start again do that, and keep this for a rhr with colred stone.

If you cant afford to start again then maybe play around with fixing it but not if its at your cost.

The main strategy would be to start again at some point and enjoy it until then.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results