shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with diamond band!!!

futuremrsr

Rough_Rock
I need help deciding on a wedding band. I narrowed it down to a five stone or seven stone band. My questions are...

If given the choice for the stones, .35 FG VS or .50 FG SI, should I go for the lower clarity grade and the more substancial carat weight or go for the better clarity and lower cttw?

I've been looking at whiteflash and idjewelryonline. I noticed that the latter is definitely more bang for your buck over all the other places I've looked into. If you had a choice, where would you buy your ring? I know from forum posts that some of you ladies have bought from IDJ and WF is really awesome.

If you guys have any suggestions for where I can find a nice band that you would be proud to wear, that would be great too!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. =)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried on a 5 or 7 stone with this ct weight? what is your finger size? IMO a 7 stone with .5ct stones is going to be way to big and you will end up wearing half it between your fingers. There have been several 5 stone bands with .4ct stones on PS lately, and some have sold them because they felt they were too large. I'll try to find some threads for you.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
What size is your ering? Solitaire or 3 stone or halo? Could you post a photo please, that would be helpful. Also depends a bit on the size of your finger.

I'd suggest going to a mall store and trying on a variety of styles and taking photos of each. What looks stunning in the store (because you'll probably love love love everything!) if you see a photo of it after, may help rule out or confirm styles you like.

I purchased an 8 stone ring with .12 point stones from IDJ and it fits my size 7.5/8 finger perfectly from side to side. I love my ring and was very pleased with the service I got from Luann.

Sometimes bigger is not always better ( ;)) ) --- for your wedding band!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
are the .35 and .50 total carat weights for the whole band, or individual sized stones? Personally I'd go for G SI, because that's what mine is and I'm very happy with it.

futuremrsr

Rough_Rock
Oh em gee! I'm sorry that I didn't specify. .35 and .50ct for the entire band, not for each stone. I know there's a lot of talk on here about bigger diamonds, but I'm going to elope and the ceremony is very very low key and we're trying to keep within our budget... the ring being our biggest expense, I'd like to make sure I'm getting quality! With that being said, I don't have an e-ring and I'm going to wear the band alone. Thank you all for your time and for any other suggestions you guys can throw my way. :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
IDJ has the best bang for the buck- id see what is in budget there. If you are wearing this alone I would go for the.5ct band- I think a .35 ct band is going to be super delicate.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check the PS Preloved forum- there is one for sale there for 599!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results