shape
carat
color
clarity

My Octavia is here! Yay!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi guys! I'm so excited! We got our Octavia today. I spent all day waiting for FedEx to bring it to my door, and they never brought it by, so we drove down to the warehouse and picked it up ourselves. After making me wait an AGONIZINGLY long time, he finally let me open the box! We'll be sending it out to get it set soon.

Specs:
1.23 ct
J
SI1
SHINY

Finger size: 7.25

Here are some photos of me with my new sparkly!
Thanks Jonathan and GOG!

imag1347.jpg

imag1333.jpg

imag1331.jpg

imag1313.jpg

imag1308.jpg

imag1307.jpg

imag1304.jpg

imag1303.jpg

imag1302.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :appl: And I had no idea Octavias faced up so large!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
VRBeauty said:
Beautiful! :appl: And I had no idea Octavias faced up so large!

Thank you! :D

The stone is about 5.96x5.96mm (or is it 5.94x5.94?? Either way, it's almost 6x6mm). I was actually very concerned about the size as I was waiting on it, unsure of whether or not it'd look substantial enough on my fingers. I mean, I'm certainly not expecting a honker for my e-ring, but my fingers are a bit larger than average, and asschers face up pretty small, so I was worried. Plus PS has forever skewed my perception of "average diamond size"!! :lol:

But all of my worries disappeared when I put it on my finger. I think it looks great and it'll only look better set. It's perfect (and it's a damn good thing, because my SO said he wasn't going to get me another!) :lickout:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh love!!!!!! I cannot wait to see this set and on your finger!!! Octavia!! Is it everything you ever dreamed of and more??? I so hope you and I go to the next Seattle GTG, cuz I realllly gotta see this diamond in real life!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
YT|1357373523|3347869 said:
Oh love!!!!!! I cannot wait to see this set and on your finger!!! Octavia!! Is it everything you ever dreamed of and more??? I so hope you and I go to the next Seattle GTG, cuz I realllly gotta see this diamond in real life!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Mrs. Grown Up Tacori, I think we ARE the Seattle GTG! :lol: Unless there are more of us around here than I thought.

I absolutely LOVE it. I can't wait to have it set. And then he's going to make me WAIT for it! :errrr:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrates!!!!!!! :appl: :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow, wow, wow!!!

Well done!!! Enjoy it while you can before it goes into setting heaven and then into hiding!!!!! I don't think I could wait- I would have taken over the project so that I could have that beauty on my hand,stat!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spectacular stone, cygnet!! that looks gorgeous on your hand- what are your setting plans?

You really picked a stunning diamond there!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing! Have you thought about the setting yet?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely SENSATIONAL! Octavias get me every time - just stunning. Congratulations.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a spectacular stone!!! :love: Octavias are very special and rare, so you are very fortunate to have one! I also can't wait to hear what kind of setting you have chosen!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous. :appl: :appl:
I'm so happy for you.
Since we own one I can say that Octavia really is an extraordinary cut and I can't help yelling it from the rooftops. :sun:
KarlK is a genius.

We have a few diamond shapes that are very well-cut and all of them sparkle most in that narrow sweet spot (when you look straight down into them) but none of them sparkly as much as the Octavia when you look at it off-axis.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
So gorgeous! I'd love an Octavia some day. It is such a special stone. How will you set it?

D

Deactivated member 42515

cygnet said:
YT|1357373523|3347869 said:

Mrs. Grown Up Tacori, I think we ARE the Seattle GTG! :lol: Unless there are more of us around here than I thought.

I absolutely LOVE it. I can't wait to have it set. And then he's going to make me WAIT for it! :errrr:
There are more! But hey, whenever you feel the need to show me this gorgeous diamond, I am down! I shall be riiiiight over! Hurry and give her the ring Mr. Cygnet!!! Can't you see we are dying here!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!... :love: :love:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
It's a firecracker, and has a lot of presence!! Congratulations!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, thanks everyone! It's quite a compliment when so many PriceScopers love the diamond you've chosen. :) Then again, how can one go wrong with an Octavia?!

A couple of you have asked me about how I'll be setting it-- I've chosen DBL to make a custom double bezel mount for the stone. Here's a photo of a GORGEOUS rectangular radiant in one--

r3379rc.jpg

More photos can be found here: http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/semi-mount-ring-custom-double-bezel-ring-so3379

It really does look like liquid gold. I'm in love :love:

We are hoping to have it all done in unplated white gold. I love the buttery look of unplated wg, and I think it'll be a nice match for the tiny hint of warmth I can occasionally see in my J.

I originally had another design selected for the setting; some of you may remember it. It's a lovely baguette halo:

asscherhalo.png
Originally we were thinking we'd put it in a simple setting for now and use the money we'd save on it for the wedding, and then upgrade later, but after finding the double bezel mount I was torn and wasn't sure I'd even want to change it. I think both settings are equally beautiful, but the double bezel is a bit of a better match for my personality and for the stone we have. Plus, my SO likes the double bezel better, so we've decided to make it our diamond's permanent home. The baguette halo is still gorgeous, so we might do something else with that in the future.

Kenny, you are so right that Karl K is a genius. I love the Octavia, it's just perfect. :D I can't wait to see what he comes up with next!

I found out about Octavias sometime last fall whilst browsing PS. For the last several years, I had had my heart set on a big pear set in the Ritani Endless Love setting. I love the look so much, but I was concerned about the possibility of not being impressed with its light performance. I knew I had to have a bezel, so I decided to select a diamond I knew wouldn't be hindered at all by a bezel setting. Stumbling upon the Octavia was a happy accident. I love the shape and the design and the fire is out of this world. Maybe someday I'll do a pear halo as a RHR. :)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh I remember the baguette halo now! I adore that double bezel too - both stunning settings. It's going to look amazing!

If I recall you had gotten a reasonable quote from ERD to do the bezel halo, correct? Was it reasonable like under $5k or $5-10k? Of course ignore this question if you aren't comfortable answering it. I have an emerald which would be gorgeous in that setting! Hmmm....

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Rosebloom said:
Oh I remember the baguette halo now! I adore that double bezel too - both stunning settings. It's going to look amazing!

If I recall you had gotten a reasonable quote from ERD to do the bezel halo, correct? Was it reasonable like under $5k or $5-10k? Of course ignore this question if you aren't comfortable answering it. I have an emerald which would be gorgeous in that setting! Hmmm....

It was very reasonable! They quoted me only $3500-- I was actually SHOCKED at the price. The other two quotes I got were between $4500 and $6000. SO decided that he'd rather use the local jeweler than ERD, which is why we didn't go with the cheaper one, but thankfully he doesn't mind sending it back to DBL for the double bezel. I think he was actually a little bit wary of ERD being so much cheaper than the other quotes. I've seen evidence of their beautiful work, so I'm confident they would have done a great job, but I am a little mystified at how much cheaper their quote was. Please set your emerald in it! That photo has been floating around on PS for like, 6 years now! Someone on this board needs to own that ring!! :D

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks FANTASTIC. These things are UNREAL in person. They're VERY tall, almost octahedrons.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning. It is absolutely beautiful.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
cygnet|1357412427|3348094 said:
Wow, thanks everyone! It's quite a compliment when so many PriceScopers love the diamond you've chosen. :) Then again, how can one go wrong with an Octavia?!

A couple of you have asked me about how I'll be setting it-- I've chosen DBL to make a custom double bezel mount for the stone. Here's a photo of a GORGEOUS rectangular radiant in one--

r3379rc.jpg

More photos can be found here: http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/semi-mount-ring-custom-double-bezel-ring-so3379

It really does look like liquid gold. I'm in love :love:

We are hoping to have it all done in unplated white gold. I love the buttery look of unplated wg, and I think it'll be a nice match for the tiny hint of warmth I can occasionally see in my J.

I originally had another design selected for the setting; some of you may remember it. It's a lovely baguette halo:

asscherhalo.png
Originally we were thinking we'd put it in a simple setting for now and use the money we'd save on it for the wedding, and then upgrade later, but after finding the double bezel mount I was torn and wasn't sure I'd even want to change it. I think both settings are equally beautiful, but the double bezel is a bit of a better match for my personality and for the stone we have. Plus, my SO likes the double bezel better, so we've decided to make it our diamond's permanent home. The baguette halo is still gorgeous, so we might do something else with that in the future.

Kenny, you are so right that Karl K is a genius. I love the Octavia, it's just perfect. :D I can't wait to see what he comes up with next!

I found out about Octavias sometime last fall whilst browsing PS. For the last several years, I had had my heart set on a big pear set in the Ritani Endless Love setting. I love the look so much, but I was concerned about the possibility of not being impressed with its light performance. I knew I had to have a bezel, so I decided to select a diamond I knew wouldn't be hindered at all by a bezel setting. Stumbling upon the Octavia was a happy accident. I love the shape and the design and the fire is out of this world. Maybe someday I'll do a pear halo as a RHR. :)

So, just for my own reference, DBL will set the Octavia you purchased from GOG? I contacted David re: setting my FIY from Leibish last year and he said they did not work with outside stones... :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results