shape
carat
color
clarity

Mangagement ring - Hearts on Fire

Danielc118

Rough_Rock
Gday all,

I am a male and have just gotten engaged.

I am naturally a person with a great interest in General Knowledge, so when I am going to buy something, I do a significant amount of research into it.

Whilst researching my girls engagement ring, I came across this site, and have read a lot of info about diamonds. I think I have looked at just about every setting on the internet and a hell of a lot of diamonds. I kind of fell in love with how perfectly they can be cut etc.

So, given I am planning a long engagement, (3 yrs +) I felt left out that my Fiancee is getting bling and not me.

She has offered to buy me a man-gagement ring :razz:

Out of all the rings we looked at (a lot) the ones I have found the nicest are both from the Hearts on Fire range.

I am having a lot of trouble trying to decide between these 2 rings, not helped by the fact that the only HoF dealer in our area only carries one of the 2.

Choice 1:
http://www.heartsonfire.com/shop-jewelry/rings/mens/commandinggreytitaniumdiamondinlaystepband.aspx

Choice 2:
http://www.heartsonfire.com/shop-jewelry/rings/mens/commandinggreytitaniumdoubleinlaybevelband.aspx

The jeweller only carries choice 1.

I like the single larger Diamond on choice 1, and I think it signifies engagement more than the 3 stones, however I'm not a fan of the stepped edge on choice 1. I much prefer the band on choice 2, but have never been able to try it on.

I am after people's opinions!

Cheers,

Dan

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like the 3 stone better, can the store not bring in option 2? The plus is that whichever of these you use can be one of two wedding bands. You can get this and use it in the service plus get a plain band to wear when you're banging your hands around, and both can be "blessed" at the wedding!

And congrats on your man-gagement ;-)

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea if HOF does custom work but it might be worth asking if the can do the band you like with one diamond instead of three.

Is it just the band shape you like of the color gradation as well? If you are fine with a single color band it would be easy for whiteflash to do a custom ring for you.
BGD also has some bands that are similar and a diamond could easily be added to the design
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/w...satin/shiny-edged-band-18k-white-gold-5573w18
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/w...s-satin-and-shiny-band-18k-white-gold-5496w18

Danielc118

Rough_Rock
Cheers for the idea's guys.

I'm pretty sold on the HOF bands, they just seem to ooze quality.

Unfortunately they won't do custom for me.

The store can order in option 2, but not just to look at, I have to purchase it first.

Cheers,

Dan

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I bought my dh a HOF ring a month ago for our 10th anniversary-although not the ones you are looking at. But, my jeweler brought in the bands for me to look at without a purchasing obligation. You might check with another HOF jeweler who would be more willing to work with you. FYI- I noticed the size of the diamonds they use in the rings seems to vary depending on the size of the ring-although there is no price difference. My husband loved the lightweight titanium of the ring compared to the platinum and gold one he has always worn. Now he can trade off.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a preference for either/or, so I can't help there.. but maybe you should sticky this to the mods to move it over to RockyTalky? In the SMTB side, people usually just say "pretty". Over in RT, they give you better advice ;))

and I love the idea of a man-gagement ring!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I'm liking number 1 as well. Is it the look or the feel of the stepped edges you don't like?

Danielc118

Rough_Rock
Gday all,

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions :)

We went into the jeweller we have been dealing with again today, and lo and behold, they had the ring I like in stock...

It was a really hard choice between option 1 and 2, but I picked 2 in the end, as the size was a touch better and I didnt want to wait 6! weeks for option 1 in a slightly smaller size...

My newly (Today) purchased Mangagement ring :)

by Hearts on Fire.

Fairly overpriced, but by far the classiest ring my Fiancee and I could find...

_mg_2558.jpg
_mg_2572.jpg
_mg_2572s.jpg

(I'm a photographer so the photo's are ok :) no macro lens though!)

Cheers,

Dan

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Looks great on too!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great ring, Dan!!! Looks amazing on you - you definitely picked a classy, elegant ring, for sure! and yer pics ain't too shabby either!! :lol:

What will you do for a wedding ring? Will this be a RHR or will you add another slim band to this? would you even consider a very thin channel set eternity band??? that could be really cool!!!

Danielc118

Rough_Rock
G'day guys
Thanks for the compliment I am very happy with the ring.
Biggest problem now is waiting for my fiancées ring to arrive so we can wear them out in public :) I'm forbidden from wearing it until she gets hers!

No idea about a wedding band yet, open to suggestions especially if anyone has pics of second bands etc!
Cheers,
Dan

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I prefer the second one with the three stones. I see that's the one you chose. It looks great on you! Wear it in good health and lots of luck to you and your future wife!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results