shape
carat
color
clarity

lower color AVRs

keemoog99

Rough_Rock
hi. i have a 1.43 P, yes P colored AVR. From the side there is definite color.
But from the top, all you see is the bright, white light return with rainbow colors.
I'm in diamond grading class right now, no one has guessed this is a P.
And the patterning is gorgeous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
keemoog99|1343779724|3243932 said:
hi. i have a 1.43 P, yes P colored AVR. From the side there is definite color.
But from the top, all you see is the bright, white light return with rainbow colors.
I'm in diamond grading class right now, no one has guessed this is a P.
And the patterning is gorgeous.

I believe we need to see a picture of that beauty!

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
keemog99 ,

thanks for your input .can you post pics of your ring ?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
woofmama,
thanks a lot for the thread ! I actually read that one but did not realize it was the same diamond !

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
woofmama|1343789470|3244032 said:
There is a whole thread reviewing that diamond. A woman was considering it for her engagement ring.
It's a very lengthy thread here ya go :
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/august-vintage-round-oec-n-color-nervous.174356/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/august-vintage-round-oec-n-color-nervous.174356/page-2[/URL]

Per her comments it's gorgeous. I have looked at it a million times on GOG's site. It looks amazing!

yes, BEST thread on an N color AVR...she loved it but life got in the way and she ended up not purchasing it. Great description of the color and how impressive it was to her friends at work. Enjoy the thread.

Also here's a great thread showing all colors of AVC's and AVR's.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-avc-avoec-diamonds.123446/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-avc-avoec-diamonds.123446/[/URL]

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't own an AVC or an AVR but if I were purchasing, based on the cut style, I'd really lean towards the lower colours! I remember that thread and how wonderful the diamond was.
Loved the link to the AVC threads as well!! Oh... how I wish I had more $$$ - there would be so many things I'd add!!

What are your other stone options, jeweln? Have you put this on hold or asked to have it shipped out to view?? It looks lovely, that's for sure!

keemoog99

Rough_Rock
1.43 avr set in simple, four prong setting. will attempt to attach photos,
lighting pretty bad right now- 9pm bangkok.avr_pattrn.jpg

side_1.jpg

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
A yellow gold setting will show the warmth of the stone more...as you can see in Keemoog's side view. But, if you set it in wg or plat., that tends to help. If you are going to in the faint tint color area, you will see warmth. These stones are cut for ideal optics, so that helps with the tint these stones have. Just by looking at the picture, the stone does have a yellow tint to me.

keemoog99

Rough_Rock
i felt so bad for avr p i went and found some daylight pictures.
here you go. best lighting i think is daylight under a tree.
might have to look for a tree tomorrow.

daylight-1__2_.jpg

daylight-2.jpg

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
wow can't believe thats a P ! seems pretty white in daylight . I was thinking of getting 1 ct L/M AVR .but they dont have anything right now except the N . I will have to wait for more inventory .the N's clarity is high VVS and I dont like to pay a premium for that .I prefer VS/SI( eyeclean of course )!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine aren't AVR's, I have AVC's, but I have low colors. When I had them in a yg setting, the M's looked yellowish most of the time. Depending on lighting tho, they did look quite white. Now I have M sides and L center, and this picture doesn't look like they are!

_397.jpg

100_41881.jpg

hoover

Shiny_Rock
holy moly, keemoog99!

That is a beautiful and white AVR! I would never have guessed that it's a P.

:love: :lickout:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
keegmoog that diamond is gorgeous!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
keemoog, that is so beautiful! :love:

keemoog99

Rough_Rock
thanks. this is the 3rd stone from GOG. First was a J .80 H&A, then one of the first AVR prototypes before he settled on the nos., a 1.18 N, then I wanted more size so i got this 1.436 P. It's the one that was set in a man's ring in one of his videos. Next stop, who knows? let's see what diamond grading class teaches me. :read:

keemoog99

Rough_Rock
last photo. this shows the patterning under 40X microscope. nice, huh? but sure wish it were bigger...

_408.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results