carat
color
clarity

Lookey what I got...

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
*dreamy sigh*

post the pic on your finger, it looks SO GOOD!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been dreaming of a ring like this for five years! :love:

3stoneOEC 006.JPG

3stoneOEC 005.JPG

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Dreamer, it's perfect. I really, really love it.

I'm digging the Kozibe effect in that first shot, too. YUM.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
YUM. :appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeeeahhhh!! There it is!! Perfection!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

bagelboy

Shiny_Rock
Dang Girl talk about your full coverage here!!! Any details you wanna share?

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
Haven|1337918570|3203246 said:

The Kozibe looks cool! Is it true they try to avoid it when cutting though??

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is that the Charlotesville steal? You sly fox .... :Up_to_something:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, it is stunning! Congratulations on finding your dream 3 stone!

Are you thinking of resetting or keeping it in the original setting?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful dreamer, and looks amazing on you - congrats on getting your dream 3 stone!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
You naughty thing :devil: ........................................................................................................but I l :love: ve it!!!

:love: :love: :love:

More details please!!! Oh and more pictures!!! Pretty please! :bigsmile:

:wavey:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very pleased for you Dreamer! Congratulations on such a fabulous find :appl: It's gorgeous :love: :lickout:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really lovely...!! Gotta love those fantastic finds, hehe. You keeping it as is? Are the specs 2.5ctw as stated? It has awesome finger coverage. :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is incredible!! Details, please!

Did you buy this ring as a completed piece, or are these your loose OECs you set? Talk about FINGER COVERAGE! :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful ring DD.. :!: :appl: don't get to see many 3 stone OEC.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY CRAP! That's your dream! Amazing on you! Congrats!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It looks so HUGE on you! :love: Congratulations dreamer, I know you've been looking for something like this for a very long time!! Excited to hear what your thoughts are, after wearing her and getting to know her a bit.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer... you find the most amazing treasures.. and this time.. you outdid yourself!!!! It's beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!! :love: :love:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!! Details puhleeeease. :Up_to_something: It looks amazing on you. Is this an ebay find?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the Craigslist to Ebay one, isn't it?! I love it! It looks great on you. I've never understood the 3 stone obsession, but I was visiting a jeweler earlier today and she had on the most amazing 3 stone, old cut ring ever. And I realised that computers just don't do them justice and never will. So I'm betting this is a stunner in real life - the finger coverage is perfect!

We need details!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooohhh....I think the setting is pretty unique too. Different prong counts.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was being a tease not posting all the details 8)

The center stone is 6.95mm and the sides are 5.85mm each. The center is at least 1.25ct, but it has a really high crown so I would suspect closer to 1.3ct. Sides are probably 0.75ct each with those measurements and their proportions.

Now that I washed the stones they are immaculately clean, probably VS. In the pictures there are some black marks on the sides, but it was dirt! The stones look like they have been polished in their life at some point, they are so free from abrasions or chips and the crown meets are all super crisp.

Color is hard to tell in yellow gold. They face up white when worn, but held next to my AGS G color stones they are quite warm. Seller saud J-K and I think that ballpark is right, but perhaps more K-L. In my experience yellow gold adds a couple color grades to these stones, so I might not be able to get a firm idea until they are unset. They are beautiful to my eye and the tint is not an issue.

The center stone in particular is a really surprising example of an old cut - it is perfectly round, the girdle compleyely unblemished, and I cannot find one weensy spec inside with my loupe. It is very well cut, the nicest old cut I have had the pleasure of owning -- and I don't think that's just because of its size ;)) Actually, the funny thing is that is to *so* perfect, a small part of me wonders if it is fake! :o I know it likelihood is really small given its color and cut, but I am still going to have it tested :lol:

The sides are not totally round, they have some wonk. In the mounts you can't really tell. They are original to the setting and look like they have never been unset in their lives (which I guess means they were not polished). They are really engulphed by the mounts and one shows a little bit of a blackish tint that I think (hope) is from the insides of the mount being scorched/blackened from work done in its life -- my 0.97ct showed a similar appearance in its own yellow gold mount that had been similarly worked on in its life. Unset the slight dark appearance went way. This, and the slight wonk, are my only *slight* hesitations about the suite of stones. But they are really well suited in faceting and color. They were put together in the ring by the woman who sold me the ring, and she bought them separately, so I am impressed at how well the stones all match!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TitanCi|1337920612|3203271 said:
Haven|1337918570|3203246 said:

The Kozibe looks cool! Is it true they try to avoid it when cutting though??

Kozibe is the culet reflectign around in the stone, off the crown and back to the pavilion a billion times. An open culet is necessary to see the effect. I don't think that it is avoided? It is a result of an open culet and compatible CA and PA angles so it *can't* be avoided if you a) clip the culet and b) cut the stone well ::)

It is actually something I look for in bad photos to suggest to me that an old cut is well cut.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1337921464|3203279 said:
Is that the Charlotesville steal? You sly fox .... :Up_to_something:

Yes :devil: I acutally did not see the thread Mico posted about it, and just found the ebay listing when I did my usual daily searches. A friend alerted me to the attention the ring had already gotten on PS! Apparently I have Bright Ice to thank for the woman posting it on ebay ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results