shape
carat
color
clarity

Long time, no see! Help with studs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Hi EVERYONE!!

Wow, it''s been so long since I last posted here. I see some familiar faces, and many new ones too.

Just an update for anyone who remembers me......I''ve been keeping myself very busy at my new firm, which has largely kept me from posting. My husband and I are also expecting our first child in February. The doctor said it''s a girl. The first thing I thought of was how fun it would be to have a daughter to share a love of diamonds with! ha ha ha! I''m already eye-ing some of my pieces and thinking about when I''ll give them to her.

In the meantime, my collection has grown VERY slowly. As you can guess, my priorities are more geared towards the baby than my jewelry collection. I did buy a set of Mikimoto AAA pearls in 7.5-8 mm. They are just amazing. I also FINALLY bought the Tiffany Etoile necklace in yellow gold to match the ring I wear on my right hand. Other than that, not too many purchases to speak of. I do love jewelry, but I don''t actually wear too much. The pieces that I do wear tend to be very simple and small.

So........I also have a question for you folks. I saw a pair of tiny, tiny studs at Tiffany. They were selling for a pretty ridiculous price, so I wanted to get a pair from Whiteflash instead. I''m talking SUPER tiny, folks......maybe .12 or so in each ear or a total carat weight of .25-.30. I just fell in love with this tiny size. They are just sooooooo adorable, I think they''d be really cute for everyday wear. I can pop them in and not worry about them. I figure they''d be perfect for my upcoming maternity leave. You can see a sample at the Tiffany website under their "Diamonds by the Yard" collection. The ones I saw were bezel set, but it doesn''t look like whiteflash offers bezel set earrings. (Please correct me if I''m wrong).

Has anyone seen prongs on such a tiny size? If so, do the prongs look ridiculously gigantic against the actual stone? I want it to look like a little, tiny drop of sparkle on my ear, so I wouldn''t want the prongs to be too obvious.

Thanks everyone!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome back sumi
35.gif

and congratulations on the upcoming birth of your daughter! how exciting!
36.gif

you must get the martini set studs...they are just beautiful. the setting shows off the diamond so well. you will love them!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My congratulations as well on your pregnancy. My own daughter is 21 now and has been the beneficiary of some of my old jewelry. New studs sound like a wonderful idea! I agree with Belle that you should consider the martini setting. I just got new studs for Christmas that are in martini settings and I absolutely LOVE them! The three prongs are very subtle and really allow the beauty of the diamond to be seen no matter what the carat weight.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2006 2:16:10 PM
Author:sumi

I just fell in love with this tiny size. They are just sooooooo adorable, I think they''d be really cute for everyday wear. I can pop them in and not worry about them.

Has anyone seen prongs on such a tiny size? If so, do the prongs look ridiculously gigantic against the actual stone? I want it to look like a little, tiny drop of sparkle on my ear, so I wouldn''t want the prongs to be too obvious.
Congratulations! and a very happy new year
37.gif

Prongs on ten pointers ... yes, sure. And I''d bet you have seen plenty too - in eternity bands at least. Same thing.

I would definitely have bezels though. WF has recently made a couple of necklaces ''by the yard''. And it can''t bee to hard to find such earring settings. Maybe they just have them.

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Everyone!

It sure is nice to be back. Although, I''m sure once this kid is born, I''ll be back to mostly lurking again. ;-)

I LOVE the martini setting, but I think for something this small I''d prefer the bezel set. I think I''ll ask whiteflash if it''s something they can do. I was thinking that since the studs are so small, I could give them to my daughter when she gets her ears pierced, so I''d better go with the bezels. (poor kid''s not even born yet and I''m already forcing diamonds on her)

I''ll save the martini setting for my next set of studs. ;-)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
What a fun-sounding project! In our PS world here of *BIGGER!* *BIGGER!* *BIGGER!*
2.gif
it's VERY fun to hear about somthing tiny and adorable!

I have a .17 stud set in a martini setting that I wear in my 3rd hole. It is GORGEOUS! And there's PLENTY of diamond showing, in spite of the 3 small prongs. I think a .10 - .15 would be just fine.

Whatta GREAT PROJECT! Please post photos when you get them. Who knows, maybe you'll start a whole new "trend" around here!
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2006 4:12:46 PM
Author: Lynn B

it''s VERY fun to hear about somthing tiny and adorable!

... Who knows, maybe you''ll start a whole new ''trend'' around here
Sure that.

And on the side... gotta be naughty sometimes
37.gif
LINK

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
lucky daughter!
i can''t wait to see what you get.
36.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
"What a fun-sounding project! In our PS world here of *BIGGER!* *BIGGER!* *BIGGER!* it''s VERY fun to hear about somthing tiny and adorable!"

Yes, I think I''m in the minority around here because I''m not too swayed by size. I appreciate beautiful stones of all sizes. I personally just don''t wear stones that are very big. Although, in this particular instance, I am going for a look that is teeny-tiny even for my standards. I just fell in love with the teensy-tiny studs, they are really adorable.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Sumi,

I have to tell you, I have been thinking *A LOT* about these baby studs!!! Perfect tiny, little H&A sparklers... oh yum!
30.gif
Can't get them outta my mind!

I think a very thin bezel setting would be SOOOO CUTE... but what would the base of the stud look like? I wonder if a bezel setting could be made with a "pointy" base (like the martini setting) - for that the "floating" on the ear look?

You MUST keep us posted! I am sooooo interested in this. And that's unusual for me - because I am a shameless SIZE girl!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Off the Tiffany''s website...

Elsa Peretti® DIAMONDS BY THE YARD™ earrings, for pierced ears. Eighteen karat gold; round brilliant diamonds, carat total weight .16, color grade H-I, clarity grade VS. Original designs copyrighted by Elsa Peretti.
$650

These ones ARE tiny -- .08 each. And $650 for the pair! YIKES!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

But can you spell S-O-O-O-O C-U-T-E??!!

12818661_FL_LRG.jpeg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
And OH! Lookie here...

Elsa Peretti® DIAMONDS BY THE YARD® earrings, for pierced ears. Platinum; round brilliant diamonds, carat total weight .10, color grade G, clarity grade VS. Original designs copyrighted by Elsa Peretti.
$525

SOOOOO stinkin' CUTE! These ones are REEEEEALLY tiny - only .05 each. And the platinum is right up my alley. SUMI! I really didn't NEED this new BEE in my BONNET!!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

13034699_FL_LRG.jpeg

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
"Off the Tiffany''s website...

Elsa Peretti® DIAMONDS BY THE YARD™ earrings, for pierced ears. Eighteen karat gold; round brilliant diamonds, carat total weight .16, color grade H-I, clarity grade VS. Original designs copyrighted by Elsa Peretti.
$650

These ones ARE tiny -- .08 each. And $650 for the pair! YIKES!

But can you spell S-O-O-O-O C-U-T-E??!!"

Yep, they are ADORABLE!! I saw the tiny studs at Tiffany when I got my Etoile necklace. They are completely overpriced at Tiffany, but I did try them on. They are so cute. It just looks like a tiny drop of sparkle on your ear. I totally fell in love with the look. I''m going to call Whiteflash tomorrow and see what they can do for me. For this look, I think I will have to stay at .30 tcw and below. I''m thinking around .10 per ear.

I''m tickled that you''re showing interest in my project, I PROMISE to keep you guys posted!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Resurrecting this old thread because I figured I better ''fess up! haha!

In San Diego recently I just haaaaaaaaaad to get to T&Co and buy those little studs. I got the platinum .10ctw bezel set pair and I do ADORE them! The diamonds are quite nice, all pink under the IS and nice little baby arrows under the H&A viewer. I was very pleased with the quality and the sparkle. They also sit nice and tight to the ear, like martinis, to give that "floating on the earlobe" look we all love.

The only problem is that the posts are quite long... does anyone know if posts can be shortened successfully?

PS Sumi, if you are reading this, I hope you''re HAPPY!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be happy if I get to see some pics!!!
11.gif
3.gif
You thought you could sneak that in with no pics?? Ha!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How fun! And yes Lynn we MUST see pictures of these little babies on your ear!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2006 2:16:10 PM
Author:sumi
Hi EVERYONE!!

Wow, it''s been so long since I last posted here. I see some familiar faces, and many new ones too.

Just an update for anyone who remembers me......I''ve been keeping myself very busy at my new firm, which has largely kept me from posting. My husband and I are also expecting our first child in February. The doctor said it''s a girl. The first thing I thought of was how fun it would be to have a daughter to share a love of diamonds with! ha ha ha! I''m already eye-ing some of my pieces and thinking about when I''ll give them to her.

In the meantime, my collection has grown VERY slowly. As you can guess, my priorities are more geared towards the baby than my jewelry collection. I did buy a set of Mikimoto AAA pearls in 7.5-8 mm. They are just amazing. I also FINALLY bought the Tiffany Etoile necklace in yellow gold to match the ring I wear on my right hand. Other than that, not too many purchases to speak of. I do love jewelry, but I don''t actually wear too much. The pieces that I do wear tend to be very simple and small.

So........I also have a question for you folks. I saw a pair of tiny, tiny studs at Tiffany. They were selling for a pretty ridiculous price, so I wanted to get a pair from Whiteflash instead. I''m talking SUPER tiny, folks......maybe .12 or so in each ear or a total carat weight of .25-.30. I just fell in love with this tiny size. They are just sooooooo adorable, I think they''d be really cute for everyday wear. I can pop them in and not worry about them. I figure they''d be perfect for my upcoming maternity leave. You can see a sample at the Tiffany website under their ''Diamonds by the Yard'' collection. The ones I saw were bezel set, but it doesn''t look like whiteflash offers bezel set earrings. (Please correct me if I''m wrong).

Thanks everyone!
Yes. I got a pair of earrings for a close family friend recently - she was turning sweet 16, and I got her earrings that are .16 each. They were 3-prong martini prong set, and they look just lovely.

Just a nice shot of sparkle.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 2:42:51 PM
Author: Sundial
How fun! And yes Lynn we MUST see pictures of these little babies on your ear!!!
Date: 3/19/2006 2:40:53 PM
Author: kaleigh
I''ll be happy if I get to see some pics!!! You thought you could sneak that in with no pics?? Ha!!!
OK! OK!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I''m not even at home right now - I''m on vacation for a few more days. But once I get home, I will - I promise!!!! They really are A-DOR-ABLE!!!
Lynn

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet they are super cute. Hope the rest of your vacation is fun and look forward to seeing them when you get home.
35.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay, Lynn, we would expect this kind of keep us in the dark and Tell us instead of Show us garbage from a rookie, but from you? I am stunned, hurt, feeling woozy, etc.
31.gif
Sorry, couldn''t resist. Hope you have fun on vacation, and definitely post pics asap when you get back.

shay

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 5:40:13 PM

Date: 3/19/2006 2:42:51 PM
Author: Sundial

Date: 3/19/2006 2:40:53 PM
Author: kaleigh
I''ll be happy if I get to see some pics!!! You thought you could sneak that in with no pics?? Ha!!!
OK! OK!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I''m not even at home right now - I''m on vacation for a few more days. But once I get home, I will - I promise!!!! They really are A-DOR-ABLE!!!
Lynn
You''re on vacation! I emailed you yesterday...and today I was all HELLOO LYNN are you out there since you usually respond right away....maybe you aren''t checking email? Or I''m just growing a fungus and you don''t wanna talk to me? Probably the latter.
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 10:06:25 PM
Author: Mara

You''re on vacation! I emailed you yesterday...and today I was all HELLOO LYNN are you out there since you usually respond right away....maybe you aren''t checking email? Or I''m just growing a fungus and you don''t wanna talk to me? Probably the latter.
9.gif
Hey, yeah! I''m having fun on on vacation with my sister. I had a free flight about to expire and used it to visit her. I''ll be home Tuesday. She has a wireless laptop that I have been playing with and toting around, but I can''t check my home e-mail from here. Sorry! But if you want, you could resend it to me at yahoo, which I use when I travel because I can check that. It''s the same first 10 letters as my home address only [email protected] .

And besides, you should know me better that THAT, girlfriend... I wouldn''t blow you off just because of your little green fungus... !!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 10:25:13 PM

Date: 3/19/2006 10:06:25 PM

9.gif
Hey, yeah! I''m having fun on on vacation with my sister. I had a free flight about to expire and used it to visit her. I''ll be home Tuesday. She has a wireless laptop that I have been playing with and toting around, but I can''t check my home e-mail from here. Sorry! But if you want, you could resend it to me at yahoo, which I use when I travel because I can check that. It''s the same first 10 letters as my home address only [email protected] .

And besides, you should know me better that THAT, girlfriend... I wouldn''t blow you off just because of your little green fungus... !!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Well that''s what I thought but yanno...
9.gif

I was just saying hello via email, it can wait til you return from the fun trip!!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The first thing I thought of was how fun it would be to have a daughter to share a love of diamonds with! ha ha ha! I''m already eye-ing some of my pieces and thinking about when I''ll give them to her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome Back Sumi!

With daughters...you just never know. My 23 year old never had any interest in wearing fine jewelry or diamonds...a few silver rings (maybe). I guess her future husband will be on Easy Street!
2.gif
Congratulations!

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 2:29:40 AM

Well that''s what I thought but yanno...
9.gif

I was just saying hello via email, it can wait til you return from the fun trip!!
LOL!
I''ll be home Tuesday evening. Talk to ya'' soon!
L

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2006 2:36:22 PM
Resurrecting this old thread because I figured I better ''fess up! haha!

In San Diego recently I just haaaaaaaaaad to get to T&Co and buy those little studs. I got the platinum .10ctw bezel set pair and I do ADORE them! The diamonds are quite nice, all pink under the IS and nice little baby arrows under the H&A viewer. I was very pleased with the quality and the sparkle. They also sit nice and tight to the ear, like martinis, to give that ''floating on the earlobe'' look we all love.

The only problem is that the posts are quite long... does anyone know if posts can be shortened successfully?

PS Sumi, if you are reading this, I hope you''re HAPPY!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
Wow.......A PS''er who finally admitted to buying sparklies from Tiffany and Company!!! VERY BOLD of you to admit this Lynn and GOOD FOR YOU TOO. You saw something you liked and you bought them.
31.gif

You asked if posts can be successfuly shortened and the answer is yes. My Partners ear lobe is shaped in a way that his post was too long and it was hurting the back of his neck, so the jeweler shortened the post and there were no issues. I''m sure Tiffany can do this for you.

Hope you''re enjoying your vacation..........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results