shape
carat
color
clarity

Lily Pendant waxes are here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Yes, a yellow sapphire would be a nice alternative to a yellow diamond. Concave would be a neat twist!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 1:52:05 AM
Author: KristyDarling
For some reason, I envision a simple link chain like the one Ann used for her daughter''s grad gift Your pendant has such a delicate design, I think the chain should be classic, dainty, and unassuming.
I think that would work as well. But this is also the exact same reason I was suggesting the omega. The pendant looks as though it might be fairly heavy, and I don''t think a regular chain/bail setup would look good with that heavy of a pendant. Either an omega is sturdy enough for it, or, as with Ann''s daughter''s gift, have it be directly attached to the chain. That''s what I was thinking. If attached to the chain, you might want to have several length options like holes at 16", 17", 18" etc so you can vary the length? That would be convenient!

MrsS, I don''t own an omega, but I hunted down something similar just so you could see. I do think attaching it directly to the chain would also work well.

sampleomega.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 9:46:04 AM
Author: DiamondLil
Yes, a yellow sapphire would be a nice alternative to a yellow diamond. Concave would be a neat twist!
36.gif
If you decide to have a yellow stone, here is a suggestion how to set it instead of original melee-hold.
Stamens are shown bigger just to ...well be able to be shown. I guess this will be secure enough for the pendant, considering all the petals around.

LilyPend-WGwYellowDiam.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Miss Irina, that is beautiful!!! Great idea!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks all for the wonderful suggestions andn please keep them coming. I just got off the phone with Bill and his suggestion was to put a Tanzanite in the center. That is Lily's birthstone. Maybe Irina could photo shop with a blue center to give us an idea of how it would look??

ETA: I do love it with the yellow..

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Do not think those pics can even remotely give a feeling for different stones, texture is too dull compare to real gold and gems,
For example, tanzanite will reflect on gold - i am not that good...
39.gif

Tanz-DiamondLily2.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love what the administrator showed. When I saw the wax, the first thing that occured to me was a square center stone, to contract the roundness of the flower and smoother flowing lines of each petal. An Asscher would be stunning as the center!!

Kewl design!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 11:11:39 AM
Author: mrssalvo
thanks all for the wonderful suggestions andn please keep them coming. I just got off the phone with Bill and his suggestion was to put a Tanzanite in the center. That is Lily''s birthstone. Maybe Irina could photo shop with a blue center to give us an idea of how it would look??

Okay this might be a silly question but what month was Lily born? I looked up Birthstones and found a few different charts, but none had tanzanite as an option...just curious.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 11:51:56 AM
Author: Matatora

thanks all for the wonderful suggestions andn please keep them coming. I just got off the phone with Bill and his suggestion was to put a Tanzanite in the center. That is Lily's birthstone. Maybe Irina could photo shop with a blue center to give us an idea of how it would look??

Okay this might be a silly question but what month was Lily born? I looked up Birthstones and found a few different charts, but none had tanzanite as an option...just curious.

December. But, Bill told me that have recently updated the birthstone list and tanzanite is december which is one reason he suggested it
1.gif
. My other daughter is april, which would bring us back to the diamond
31.gif
. I must say with so all the metal of the flower I think a colored center stone might make a really nice contrast and blue is my favorite color
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 11:39:13 AM
Author: Pricescope
Do not think those pics can even remotely give a feeling for different stones, texture is too dull compare to real gold and gems,

For example, tanzanite will reflect on gold - i am not that good...
39.gif
Oh Irina, you do such a fabulous job. I do understand what you are saying but even givin a glimpse of what the final product will look like is a huge help even though it may be slightly inaccurate.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oups...

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Mrs. Salvo,

Just ran across this thread and I think the project is going to come out amazing, I vote for either a yellow (fancy yellow diamond) or a blue (saphire) center stone and the lilly cut stone would look great as well. I was thinking the color would give a little contrast to the petals but hey whatever you choose it is going to come out great. I can''t beleive you two designed it on your own.

-Dave

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look with the blue center stone!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That wax is stunning. Honestly... I''d go for a Canary diamond in the center (or a Canary sapphire for cost effectivness) with white diamonds around. So pretty. Nice design!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks all. I''m so excited to get the wax back to Bill so we can move on to the next phase. I wish you guys could see all the detail in the carving. You can actually see the creases in the leaves, it''s amazing. I am leaning strongly toward a blue stone. I like the yellow but love the blue.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2006 11:51:56 AM
Author: Matatora

thanks all for the wonderful suggestions andn please keep them coming. I just got off the phone with Bill and his suggestion was to put a Tanzanite in the center. That is Lily''s birthstone. Maybe Irina could photo shop with a blue center to give us an idea of how it would look??

found the chart with tanzanite added to December
36.gif
you can find it here

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bill got the wax back and gave it to his jeweler today. I have the option to do 14kt or 18kt with the price difference of about $50 bucks. I also think i''m going to go with the tanzanite as the center stone.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 6:01:20 PM
Bill got the wax back and gave it to his jeweler today. I have the option to do 14kt or 18kt with the price difference of about $50 bucks. I also think i''m going to go with the tanzanite as the center stone.
Yay, I adore tanzanite. I can''t wait to see it once it''s finished!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I love tanzanite. The cornflower blue mixed with violet colors are awsome.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
so which will you do, 14k or 18k? i know which one i would pic!
31.gif

it is going to be absolutely beautiful. i think a tanzy is the perfect choice. i just can''t wait to see this mrss! you will be our resident designer!
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mrs Salvo, your pendent is going to be fantastic!
36.gif
I cannot wait to see it finished!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 6:04:29 PM
Author: belle
so which will you do, 14k or 18k? i know which one i would pic!
31.gif

it is going to be absolutely beautiful. i think a tanzy is the perfect choice. i just can''t wait to see this mrss! you will be our resident designer!
36.gif

thanks ladies. well, for $50 bucks i''ve got to go with the 18k
31.gif

I''m going on vacation at the end of the month and really hope to have it before we leave.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
We hope so too Mrs S
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go with 18K, the contrast with the tanzanite will be yummy.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has anyone seen the ads for gold jewelry as gifts in the fashion mags in recent months? There''s one where a woman has a pair of earrings and a necklace of large 18kt gold flowers - and they are so buttery looking and scrumptious - your pendant reminds me of them - it''s going to look so beautiful contrasted with the tanzanite!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Mrssalvo your pendant is going to be so pretty with a tanzanite! Can''t wait to see the finished product.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, you gals now I me thinking. I was planning on doing WG. I don''t own one single piece of YG jewelry. Do you think I should do YG?

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I like it better in WG but it will look gorgeous no matter what!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say that with the tanz center I think WG. I, personally, don''t care for blue-ish stones with yellow gold. Now if you were setting an emerald in there... or a peridot even... I''d say YG.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2006 8:57:26 PM
ok, you gals now I me thinking. I was planning on doing WG. I don''t own one single piece of YG jewelry. Do you think I should do YG?
Have you asked Bill if one color will show more detail then other?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results