shape
carat
color
clarity

Lesotho Promise Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
Have you all heard about the sale of the large diamond found in Lesotho and auctioned in Antwerp?
There was a thread here about a week or so ago about it going on the auction block. Here is the news:

The Lesotho Promise - one of the world''s largest diamonds - has been sold in the Belgian city of Antwerp for US$12.4m (£6.7m).

The diamond, an uncut, 603-carat white gem, weighing 120g (4.2oz), was found in Lesotho on 22 August.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Have we ever? Wahaha it''s about 5 threads going on now...
Really folks what'' with you all and diamonds?
9.gif

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
PS Admin:
It''s all in good spririt and love of nature''s wonder really. Mother Earth is amazing and her gifts come in so many different shapes, sizes, smells, colors, forms and above all natural
35.gif
perfection!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Clarygrace, I hope from reading your second post on this thread that you did not think that the pricescope admin was getting after you - the admin was just teasing you (and all of the rest of us) for being so obsessed with diamonds! That was why the big smiley face was there! Thank you for your synopsis of the details!
35.gif

ETA: I love your avatar - what type of dog is that? A Weimaraner?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2006 10:55:29 PM
Author: :)
Clarygrace, I hope from reading your second post on this thread that you did not think that the pricescope admin was getting after you - the admin was just teasing you (and all of the rest of us) for being so obsessed with diamonds! That was why the big smiley face was there! Thank you for your synopsis of the details!
35.gif
Agreed. You can count on us to start several threads anytime such an event takes place.

Clarygrace, your thread is well-titled so I thought I''d provide links to the other threads about Lesotho Promise in this one for future searches:

Thread about discovery, pre-auction, selling price and auction photos.

Nice big photo here.

Discussion of the plans for cutting it.

Did I miss any?
1.gif

Here is an unrelated but cool thread discussing the top 10 largest diamonds ever uncovered.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results