shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege Dynasty Cut?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nothing overtly jokey about it ... maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment (by which I mean, covetousness), but I'd love to see a high-crowned cushion with small facets!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm, tough call. Would be really interesting if he was branding a cushion cut.

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
After sitting in their shop for approx. 4-5 hours two weeks ago, I think this is a genuine preview. I know they are coming out with their own 'brand' of cushion, I just can't recall the name.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Seems legit, but the comment about 20% brighter makes me think twice...how do you determine that? That make me wonder...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
After making fun of branded cushions he's now hypocritically joining the herd. Ass-hat.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, yeah, what Gypsy said. To the last word.
:nono: :rolleyes:

mogster

Shiny_Rock
centralsquare said:
Seems legit, but the comment about 20% brighter makes me think twice...how do you determine that? That make me wonder...

Yes, this is what made me think that maybe it was a joke and, also, can you really inscribe a whole coat of arms in the girdle...?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
mogster|1312478209|2984121 said:
centralsquare said:

Yes, this is what made me think that maybe it was a joke and, also, can you really inscribe a whole coat of arms in the girdle...?

Good point - missed that!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Google says that he trademarked the dynasty cut on September 14, 2010.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
He mentioned this to me in his office back in Feb so I think its true. Id be interested to see pics if anyone has purchased one.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Effe|1312483526|2984206 said:
Google says that he trademarked the dynasty cut on September 14, 2010.

Well, that answers the question. Pretty definitive!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
centralsquare said:
but the comment about 20% brighter makes me think twice...how do you determine that?

Yeah, 20% brighter based on what? His own opinion?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1312493884|2984341 said:
centralsquare said:
but the comment about 20% brighter makes me think twice...how do you determine that?

Yeah, 20% brighter based on what? His own opinion?

I doubted it was true but the trademark seem pretty definitive!

quintilis

Rough_Rock
I got curious and googled too - from what I understand, the trademark hasn't been fully "granted" - they received an allowance but then received an action after a statement of use...but what I'd be interested in is the Design patent for this cut! (assuming he has one - see what that 20% is all about)

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy|1312428604|2983748 said:
After making fun of branded cushions he's now hypocritically joining the herd. Ass-hat.

Well, they do say plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery :lol:

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
mogster|1312478209|2984121 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NARRISHKEIT

Rough_Rock
Trade
This is a trademark application and he didn't even get that right because the photographs do not show the trademark clearly enough and during its intended commercial use.

http://tinyurl.com/3g2ep6j

The design patent (totally independent of this trademark application) would be owned by the cutter, who quite obviously is not LM as he has demonstrated very little knowledge or interest in diamond optic design.

This is a marketing measure and I suspect there is no new ground being broken here, the diamond examples may be nothing more than some form of CMB (see split of LGFs in the photographs) that has been around for a while with now Leon's gratuitous comments and trademark attached.

Time will tell I guess if LM gets his act together and properly files the trademark and provides other details.

Anyone want to end the speculation and call him?
LMdynastyCutSpecimenSubmittedtoUSPTO.jpg

NARRISHKEIT

Rough_Rock
Trade
Its actually quite strange the three photographs submitted on the trademark application look like just generic vintage cushion brilliants, where the photo from Leon's website looks like a CMB.

EIther way it seems quite logical he will just take a generic cushion cut from one of the New York cutters nearby his office and slap his name and trademark on it.

ERD did this with their A Cut Beyond already, I guess Leon wanted to do the same to keep up.

mogster

Shiny_Rock
NARRISHKEIT said:
EIther way it seems quite logical he will just take a generic cushion cut from one of the New York cutters nearby his office and slap his name and trademark on it.

ERD did this with their A Cut Beyond already, I guess Leon wanted to do the same to keep up.

I was under the impression that "after many years of development" and "countless sleepless nights at the lab" would lead to something more exciting than a trademarked generic cushion!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Scintillating|1313806473|2994748 said:
I assume it's real! Can't wait to see more pics

Yes, it is real. If you look at the Precision cutting thread, we even know who the cutter is now,too. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results