shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond a good deal?

SpiroOne

Rough_Rock
I am currently looking at getting an engagement ring done up. My budget started off at around 3500, but I've decided to bump it up to around 5000 AUD. I am looking at getting a custom ring made up, which will cost around 1200. From talking to the GF she would like a stone in between .5 and 1 carat. No myself I would like to go a bit more for quality rather than size.

My GF is about 5,3 - 5,4. And I was a bit concerned a larger stone on her finger would look a bit out of place. She has a ring size of L and a 1/2.

I have seen this diamond

http://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/diamonds/diamonditem.php?code=SS1425

And it seems okay. From what I can gather that cut is great, and it because of the grading it does look nice in the videos I was just after opinions on the price and what else I should talk to the jeweller about? I have notice nowhere does it talk about fluoresence.

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good from the data available. Fluor is none, no need to worry about that.

You sure you need something that high a clarity grade? Most SI1 of that size will be eye-clean. I would bump the clarity grade down to an SI1.

crbl999

Shiny_Rock
I also would go lower in clarity to SI1 to get a larger size. If you are not color sensitive you may also want to go lower in color to G/H. Go lower in clarity and color would allow you to get a .75ish ct stone.

ETA: The stone you are currently looking at looks good from everything provided.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Stone...I would drop the clarity down to VS...VS is still considered pretty high around here. You can either save
some money or go for a bigger stone.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will "forth" the opinions of the other posters. As longcas a stone is eyeclean I would go down in clarity to SI1. As for color, I love high color so I would keep it- but others feel that G-H-I are still white and would drop that too to go up in size. It's really more about what your gf prefers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results