shape
carat
color
clarity

I1? are they eye clean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
is and I1 stone in a color d with ideal cut bad?? will it sparkle and be eye clean??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
typically I1''s are not eye clean. but there are a few folks to find the needle in haystack one that works for them. The only way to know is to see it yourself or have a very trusted vendor answer the queston for you. the cut will help hide possible inclusions and if they are white inclusions, that would be even better.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2007 10:38:01 AM
Author:BELLA9280
is and I1 stone in a color d with ideal cut bad?? will it sparkle and be eye clean??
Each diamond has to be taken on a case by case basis.

Depending on many factors some I1 clarity graded diamonds are eyeclean, but eyeclean is a subjective term and may mean different things to different people / visions etc.

As to sparkle, that depends on the cut and the I1 inclusions being properly graded to make sure any inclusions/s aren't affecting light return. Can you post the info of the diamond in question? You really need an expert vendor to assist you here.

I have 2 eyeclean I1 graded diamonds, but I knew what to look for and the right questions to ask, plus my own comfort level.

Wink often has diamonds shown on this page which can be incredible deals!
http://www.winkjones.com/specials/sa_diamonds.php

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the imput i really wanted 1.25ct round color d e or f now i dont think its happening i orginally was thinking si1 budget is 5000 then someone said check out a .97 vvs1 that they having better quality appear larger ugh sooo confused

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
I''m not terribly educated about this subject by any means - but just from my reading on Pricescope I think I have picked up that I1 is not considered to be likely to be completely eye-clean and may very well show some easily visible inclusions. When buying a stone over the internet, I have read that you should always ask the vendor to describe how eye-clean it is when the stone is SI1 (small inclusions) or lower. I know that some SI1s are not eye-clean and some most definitely are. I have read about some I1 stones that are very included (have many blemishes/flaws that are visible with the naked eye) adn some that look rather clean or have inclusions/blemishes that are not bothersome to the average viewer. You should definitely either study the stone in different lighting (if buying lcoally) or call and ask the vendor detailed questions about how eye-clean the stone is. Ask where the inclusions are (I think it''s better if they are not on the table which is the large flat facet on top of stone) and whether they are dark inclusions or pale,white inclusions that are tricky to even see with the naked eye. If I ordered an I1 sight unseen, even if I had a long talk with the vendor, I''d want to make sure they had a good return policy - and that it was extended for a nice period of time so you''ll have time to really study the stone in different situations/lighting, etc.

I know if you can find a decent I1 stone, the $ savings would be significant over a VS2 or SI1 stone. The fact that you mention the cut is so nice may be helpful also to brightehn the stone and make some flaws less visible -- but probably not if they''re large, dark, inclusions right in the middle of the stone. So ask LOTS of questions and maybe ask for a copy of the cert and a picture(possibly) to be emailed to you first. Then post this info and I promise you''ll get lots of helpful opinions on Pricescope!

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
thanks
emidea.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Bella, I think you can get closer to the size you want without compromise by lowering the color.

Colorless adds a ton of money to the price, and most people are totally FINE with near colorless stones. They face up without color when then are well cut as the cut masks body color.

Here are a few choices that get you over the 1 ct mark and keep a great cut by compromising a bit on color. Both should still face up great without looking ''yellow'', if that''s what you''re worried about. I own 3 H stones and 3 J stones, and well cut, and none of them appear yellow. With the PS price, these are close to your budget.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-273581.htm - 1.24, J, SI1 $5566
http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-179749.htm 1.12, H, SI2 $5586

This one is even closer to your budget:
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-183726.htm - 1.252 J, VS2 for $5264 PS price

Hope these help.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WF gives a great symopsis of issues/definitions regarding clarity as seen on their website:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds_info/t/all_about.aspx?articleid=292&zoneid=21

Kudo''s to whomever suggested that I1''s should be evaluated on a stone to stone basis--and altho I am not a professional I believe this to be sensible advice, to which I also subscribe. When purchasing my I1''s for earrings, I did so taking pains to choose that which was not only cut well, but whose inclusions would not affect stability or light return. Finding a match was a bit of a job, but I believe I was successful. Here is the link to my thread reagarding my I1 stones. Forgive, that there are not clear shots of the H/A''s, etc, as my photography skills lack.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/waiting-is-the-hardest-part.56768/

cheers--Sharon

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If I hadnt of taken a chance on getting an I-1 stone in for my BIL, I wouldnt have known that I was missing out on a great value. But, not to focus on the value so much as that I would have let a gorgeous stone go. I think you can buy a VS-1 & know its going to be eye clean, but an I-1, for certain, will have to be based on being seen by the vendor. I know Wink has some listed on the gallery section under "Paul''s hard to find affordables". Just not sure what he has available, but there is a nice looking I-1, I, 1.23, looks to be clean in the table too, on there for $4289. I know too that Jonathan at Good Old Gold can come across some fabulous "hand picked" items. You may want to check with them. An SI-2, can also be a great value as well. Again, be sure the vendor eyeballs it for you 1st.

Judy
:)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2007 10:44:12 AM
Author: BELLA9280
thanks for the imput i really wanted 1.25ct round color d e or f now i dont think its happening i orginally was thinking si1 budget is 5000 then someone said check out a .97 vvs1 that they having better quality appear larger ugh sooo confused
HI:

Have you seen these? Don''t know what is left, so I would call and inquire. I bought one of these I1 Infinity stones, and another to match from GOG.

http://www.winkjones.com/specials/sa_diamonds.php

cheers--Sharon

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Every now and then an I1 is eye clean and they can be a great value. If you trust your vendor he might be able to help you find one.

However, my advice to you would be to drop down in color considerable and get a well cut I/J SI1-2 instead. This should put you at about right for budget for a 1.25 stone.

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
i cannot thank everyone enough!! all this info is sooo helpful to me in finding the perfect stone!! i learn something new everyday!! Thats why i love it here!!!

oh wow, I finally found a real example of what gary has been talking about, though i am sure his concerns are more wide reaching than this, but check out this SI2 (didn't know where else to put this:) )

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&track=view_details_btn&elem=img&pid=LD01151351&filter_id=0

I never actually noticed one that said the grade was set by clouds that were not shown, but there it is, an apparently flawless diamond graded at SI2 for invisible at 10X mag. inclusions!:)

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
Boy I just hit "submit" and the whole post was empty... so I'm typing this twice
29.gif
. must be user error. Yes and I1 can be eye clean but much less likely then a higher grade. It is the exception for sure and of course the whole "eye clean" is subjective. To my eyes our I1 is eye clean. We bought a 1.18 ct, 'ideal cut' (GIAEX/EX/EX, HCA 1.7), E, I1 from GOG. We brought it in to an appraiser to look at it first and compared it to higher clarity stones. This stone was beautifully cut and we couldn't see the inclusion (a feather) unless we used a loupe. Plus the light reflecting from the stone is so great you can't see the feather. If you are considering an I1, which I would happily do, you should see it in person. Ours is set in a semi bezel which limits the view through the pavilion. If you are planning a more exposed setting it is often easier to see inclusions in RB's through the side rather than through the crown. But take a look at ours and see for yourself.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whats-better-than-one-box-from-wf.67872/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results