shape
carat
color
clarity

How about this diamond? Appreciate highly!!!! 1.07C

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yyrr

Rough_Rock
I found this diamond from a wholesale company, and may buy it, what do you think about it? really want some ideas from experts here!

GIA certificate.
weight : 1.07 ct
color : D
calarity : VS1
total depth : 59.1%
table : 63%
girdle : very thin to medium, faceted
culet : none
polish : Good
symmetry : Good
flouresence : None
measurement : 6.64x6.73x3.95
price : $5500

thank you!!!
12.gif

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
everything looks great except the cut. If you want a diamond that will shine this is one to pass on.

yyrr

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks for the reply!

yes, the cut is not perfect, but is that very bad? or acceptable?
the table? the girdle?

cowboystu

Shiny_Rock
Depends on what you are expecting out of it.

The only thing that really jumped out at me was the "very thin" portion of the girdle. I might be mistaken, but I think I was told to avoid that due to possible chipping.

Stu

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it's probably a class 3 cut (see AGA Cut Class charts at http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt1.htm). Good, or possibly fair to good proportions. It's impossible to tell exactly without the crown and pavilion height/angles, but probably falls in that cut class range.

The color, clarity and price is excellent. If it looks good to you and you're not a cut geek, then feel free to buy it. If you're interested in fine cuts, you might want to read a bit to see if you'd rather go with lesser color/clarity and better cut. It all depends on where your tastes lie.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
The cut definitely isn't ideal
2.gif
, but SHOULD (and I stress SHOULD) be at least good... Also, the stone will face up large for its weight (because of the 59.1% depth and the 63% table)... But it won't sparkle as an ideal H&A... That said, if the stone is nice looking and, as Rich said, you're not a cut geek, then it might be the right one for you... D VS 1 is great!
1.gif

BTW... Price is very good too!

yyrr

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks all for all the kind replies, finally, I bought the stone, it looks great to me.
not sure how much better it would be if better cut, but will not think of this anymore.

regards.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif

Enjoy your beautiful, high quality diamond that you bought at a GREAT price!!!!!!!!!!!
appl.gif
1.gif
1.gif
love.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Very nice stone!!
appl.gif
love.gif
lickout.gif
lickout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results