shape
carat
color
clarity

Highest color stone for G-H diamond band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
What is the highest color you`d go in a stone if you had a G-H eternity band (that you`d wear together)? G-H-I-J or K?

Ring is 2.50 tcw (G-H color) and I`m looking at cushion cut stones from 1 to 2 carats.

Thank you!

Cachette
1.gif

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The G-H grade in smaller diamonds is generally completely white. I think you might start to notice some significant contrast even in the lower end of the I range of larger diamonds.

It is very possible to have warmer diamonds appear more white, but this is best done by matching them with similarly colored melee diamonds. Too much difference between the center and companion diamonds will make the body color of the center diamond even more apparent.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I think you`re right Bella. K may be way too high. Thanks.
1.gif

Thanks Jonathan.
35.gif

The diamonds on my band are very bright and white and I can`t tell G from H is everyday lighting environments (on a cloudy day, outside, I can see the slight warmth of the H`s).

I have a J diamond as a pendant and have put it next to the band and, face up, there is little difference but from the side you can see real warmth on the pendant. It doesn`t look bad but there is a difference and that`s what I`d be afraid of should I chose a higher color. Alone the pendant looks white but next to lower colors.....

What about an I? Still too much color for the band? Because more likely then not I`ll be purchasing online sight unseen so I want to make sure I get the best diamond at the best price. I like that higher colors are a better bargain (and beautiful too!!!) but I won`t get something that will "clash" with the band. That`s why my range is from 1 carat to 2 carats. Size isn`t all that important right now (IMAGINE!
11.gif
). I just want a beautiful diamond solitaire to wear with my band; it`s lonely.
2.gif

I can always upgrade later, right.
9.gif

Cachette
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results