shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with prongs, please!

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
So we received images of the finished ring today. Not the CAD, but the glamor shots. I have one huge issue with the setting and need some advice on how hard it would be to change the prongs.

Right now, the ring has thick chunky prongs that overwhelm the ring. The shank is a take on a cathedral setting, so it's not like we can swap out the head as in a classic solitaire. Also, there is some pave very close to the prongs...

Is it possible to shave down the prongs? Without re-making the setting? It's PT950, don't know the alloy.

I would attach a picture, but I can't figure out how. :shock:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm, without see a picture, I'm not sure if many could comment, especially if you said with paves near the prongs? prong tips, possibly, but can't know for sure

but here is how to attach pictures,
Click on the "Img" button as shown in my attachment on your reply screen, then follow the circled path, once you find your image click "save" then a little miniature picture appears, you Then click on that image and it will upload it here on your reply. To see if you did it correctly, just use the preview button and you can edit or delete as necessary.
Hope I didn't confuse you too much
PictureUpload_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results