shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with graduated 5 stone CADs please

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
The center stone is an OEC 5.3mm, then a pair of 4mms and then a pair of 3mms. Ring size is 3.75 and this is meant to be worn on my right hand, so no need to factor in a wedding ring.

I'd asked for the stones to more wrap around my finger as opposed to sitting across the top in a straight line, and I also wanted them set low. I also wanted less of a step look and them set at more similar heights, but I don't know if having low-set stones AND no staircase look are both feasible given the varying stone depths.

Also, I just want to make sure the double prongs won't overwhelm the stones as I can go single prong too if it looks better. I want the milgrain to be very fine and the octagonal boxes very small.

Suggestions? Is it odd looking?

_15976.jpg

_15977.jpg

_15978.jpg

_15979.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! It is going to be spectacular! I'm so jealous of your tiny fingers! Are you planning to engrave the sides of the bezels and the shank? That would be divine IMHO!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1395103261|3636149 said:
I love it! It is going to be spectacular! I'm so jealous of your tiny fingers! Are you planning to engrave the sides of the bezels and the shank? That would be divine IMHO!

I'm open to engraving! Any ideas for that kind of look?

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am obsessed with this design and I forsee a lot of replications! I can't wait to see the finished product. I love the double claws personally.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mmeowcollins said:

If you were interested in engraving I think it would be lovely with something like this shank

I don't know what you are going for. If it's a band, ignore this part, but if you want more of an e ring look I would open up the baskets of the bezels.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1395105529.jpg

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it !!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

I agree with the engraving

:appl: :appl: :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Logan Sapphire

I love that design, and I can envisage what it is you want. I agree with the engraving for some extra visual interest and I would add one other point; make sure the bezel on the center stone doesn't protrude upwards too much. You want a nice, smooth, curved transition when the ring is seen in profile, so the tops of the bezels need to follow that curve with no obvious drops. I think an obvious step effect from the side would be clumpy looking and detract from the curve you're going for. If it were me, I'd be sure to convey that to the jeweler.

Can't wait to see how this project progresses!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel|1395105622|3636171 said:
mmeowcollins said:

If you were interested in engraving I think it would be lovely with something like this shank

I don't know what you are going for. If it's a band, ignore this part, but if you want more of an e ring look I would open up the baskets of the bezels.

I love that engraving Niel!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Would you suggest three-sided engraving? If engraved, do you suggest milgrain too? I'm attaching the engraving of a setting I have. It's three-sided with milgrain, but part of the reason I didn't wear it much is because the milgrain and flat band made it a little "pokey" and sharp feeling against my fingers.

I also like the look of the last two pictures' engraving.

Thanks for the suggestion for the center stone, Mrs Blop. I agree and would be open to raising the other stones up to create more of a seamless look if it's not possible to lower the center stone any more.

_15983.jpg

_15984.jpg

_15985.jpg

_15986.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
LS I have a very similar eternity that was made my JbEG. I think in RL the prongs will be fine. I love this version with a 5 stone though!! I agree with adding engraving to the side. I might actaully do a really fine miligraining along with it to just keep the whole piece cohesive. Totally up to you though.

Here is my eternity with 4mm MRB's if it helps you visual. Another PS'er had a non diamond verson of this made with the octagons a bit more sleek (closer to your version), if you google I bet you can find pictures of it if you are curious.

img_4133.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you found it uncomfortable to have engraving on the side of the band I woul probabl only do it on the top.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah- opening up the baskets. That was my initial thought as I was afraid the side view as-is looks a little too bulky but I can't figure out how to do it.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
SB621|1395145206|3636365 said:
LS I have a very similar eternity that was made my JbEG. I think in RL the prongs will be fine. I love this version with a 5 stone though!! I agree with adding engraving to the side. I might actaully do a really fine miligraining along with it to just keep the whole piece cohesive. Totally up to you though.

Here is my eternity with 4mm MRB's if it helps you visual. Another PS'er had a non diamond verson of this made with the octagons a bit more sleek (closer to your version), if you google I bet you can find pictures of it if you are curious.

SB- I LOVE your ring! It was part of the inspiration for mine! Do you have a more real life perspective?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LS, I adore the engraving on the third photo you posted. It's perfect and I really think it would enhance the setting! It's is going to be so pretty! I can't wait to see it! I agree about opening up the baskets....it would let more light thru and "lighten" the look of the ring a bit....

As for comfort, both my three stone and wide band are engraved on all sides and it doesn't bother me. It took a few days to get used to the wide band, but I think that was because it was wider than anything I'd worn before. I don't recall having any adjustment period with the three stone, which has about a 2mm width on the shank.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1395145660|3636371 said:
SB621|1395145206|3636365 said:

SB- I LOVE your ring! It was part of the inspiration for mine! Do you have a more real life perspective?
What sort of perspective shots are you looking for? I do have some crappy photos splashed around PS of the eternity. I think they are mostly in these two threads :oops: :

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-sapphire-ring-stack.190615/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-sapphire-ring-stack.190615/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-journey-is-over-4-31ctw-art-deco-eternity-by-jbeg.191661/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-journey-is-over-4-31ctw-art-deco-eternity-by-jbeg.191661/[/URL]

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My other concern is that this will all fit on my finger and not lose the outside stones too much. Normally, I don't think it would be a problem if the stones were set higher like in a trellis, but since I want the stones set as low as possible- will this be an issue or would ERD have brought this to my attention?

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

redroze

Shiny_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1395150116|3636404 said:
My other concern is that this will all fit on my finger and not lose the outside stones too much. Normally, I don't think it would be a problem if the stones were set higher like in a trellis, but since I want the stones set as low as possible- will this be an issue or would ERD have brought this to my attention?

Best to pass on that requirement to ERD. Also ask them to send you a top down view of the ring. I got it for my cads.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results