shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me Choose a Setting

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm looking to set a 9.2mm tranny into a platinum solitaire setting. I've got a certain style in mind . . . six or eight prong solitaire, dainty and simple, maybe with some pave but not an overwhelming amount of it. Problem is that there are so many gorgeous settings to choose from! So I'm turning to the experts to help me make up my mind. You guys have great taste! Here are some of my initial picks.

First up, Erika Winters' gorgeous Margot Solitaire!

erika-winters-fine-jewelry-margot-solitaire-face-up-thumb.jpg

erika-winters-fine-jewelry-margot-solitaire-side-thumb.jpg

erika-winters-fine-jewelry-margot-solitaire-profile-thumb.jpg

erika-winters-fine-jewelry-margot-solitaire-angle-thumb.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find Erika winter's line to be dainty and her collection to be beautifully cohesive.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Margot or the jovyn depending on metal choice, finger size, and what band youll be wearing it with.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Mrs777, poshmommy, Niel, totallyfree, and PintoBean!

My husband likes the Margot and my daughter likes any of the VC rings. Metal is going to be platinum, but I'd also like to find some creative way to incorporate rose gold. Maybe in the gallery. Any suggestions?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Margo and almost anything Erika Winters...Her settings look like they were made for royalty!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I love the Margot but it won't allow for a flush fit band, and I would want to wear a spacer if wearing with a diamond band with exposed girdles. I'd probably pick the CvB Jovyn for more ease of wearing a band with it (or multiple bands). I think Caysie could incorporate rose gold somehow.

Elepig

Rough_Rock
All lovely choices, but I vote CVB Jovyn. Simple, classy, and you don't have to worry about keeping track of any pave.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VC Adriana or EW Margot - love the touch of pave on the shoulders but not loads to have to baby too much. Also, those prongs :love:

If you like the VC Adriana, have you looked at CVB's Dahlia or Elsa?

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I looked at the Dahlia but too much of the side detail shows when you view it from the top down. I like swags and pointy prongs, either six or eight.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mikla|1488333333|4134993 said:
I looked at the Dahlia but too much of the side detail shows when you view it from the top down. I like swags and pointy prongs, either six or eight.
The Adriana I think would have a similar top down issue as the Dahlia

Have you seen cvbs new soli? It has a shank similar to the VC Adriana but with a jovlyn prong

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mikla|1488338243|4135048 said:
Do you mean the "Gemma"?
Unless there's another one that fits my description I've overlooked yes.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would vote for the Margot. It is timeless, feminine and very delicate. Plus, it will leave you more options for a band.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So it's been another nine months and still no setting. Maybe I haven't found the right design or maybe I need a larger stone. Recently a lady at work got engaged and her ring is a round 2.25 stone with a halo, no bezel. It's stunning! So I'm back looking for settings that are at least 10.5mm wide, for a 9.2mm stone. How realistic is that sizing?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results