shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP!! Dazed and confused.

gieberzo

Rough_Rock
Great people of Pricescope, I am in dire need of your help! I have been trying to find the perfect setting/band and ring for my girlfriend while trying to sift through the sea of diamond information on the internet. I have whittled my/our wants down enough and I am seriously ready to buy, I just need some advice. Here's where, hopefully, you all can come in.

My girlfriend and I have found a design we really like it is from a company called Krikawa.
http://www.krikawa.com/vault/userfiles/hbechtold/photos/MOTA_Wide_Top.jpg
http://www.krikawa.com/vault/userfiles/hbechtold/photos/MOTA_Wide.jpg
She likes this ring because it comes in a width of 8mm and she really likes the chunky look. We are pretty set on going with this design and now we just have to choose the diamond and make sure that 8mm is right for us. This brings me to my questions.

• Is 8mm too thick of a band for a small girl? Her ring size is 4.25 but she has fairly long fingers.
  • Is 7 or 8mm too thick of a band for a 1ct diamond? Should I sacrifice quality a bit and go with a bigger diamond?
  • My maximum budget is 11,000 dollars. This price of the ring is $2,240 for the 8mm, $2,050 for the 7mm and $1,860 for the 6mm. I am open to recommendations on what I should go with. Band width and diamond combination. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Finally, does anyone have any opinions on Krikawa?

Thank you so much for you help pricescope. Help me win the hand of my, hopefully, future wife!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
gieberzo|1357846649|3352354 said:
Great people of Pricescope, I am in dire need of your help! I have been trying to find the perfect setting/band and ring for my girlfriend while trying to sift through the sea of diamond information on the internet. I have whittled my/our wants down enough and I am seriously ready to buy, I just need some advice. Here's where, hopefully, you all can come in.

My girlfriend and I have found a design we really like it is from a company called Krikawa.
http://www.krikawa.com/vault/userfiles/hbechtold/photos/MOTA_Wide_Top.jpg
http://www.krikawa.com/vault/userfiles/hbechtold/photos/MOTA_Wide.jpg
She likes this ring because it comes in a width of 8mm and she really likes the chunky look. We are pretty set on going with this design and now we just have to choose the diamond and make sure that 8mm is right for us. This brings me to my questions.

• Is 8mm too thick of a band for a small girl? Her ring size is 4.25 but she has fairly long fingers.
  • Is 7 or 8mm too thick of a band for a 1ct diamond? Should I sacrifice quality a bit and go with a bigger diamond?
  • My maximum budget is 11,000 dollars. This price of the ring is $2,240 for the 8mm, $2,050 for the 7mm and $1,860 for the 6mm. I am open to recommendations on what I should go with. Band width and diamond combination. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Finally, does anyone have any opinions on Krikawa?

Thank you so much for you help pricescope. Help me win the hand of my, hopefully, future wife!

If you're going for a 1ct then I'd suggest the 6mm setting. If she's really fond of the 8mm, then yes I'd suggest going with a bigger stone. If you get a smaller stone with the wider band then yes, it will look off. you could also go with the 6mm band and maybe get a bigger stone since that'll leave more in the budget? Up to you. Do you have a stone picked out already?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has she tried on thicker bands to see how they look on or have these been just photos she's looked at? Be sure she tries them on because with thicker bands, she may need a different ring size. My eng ring is 4.75 but my wedding band is thicker and it's a 5 and snug. I have a second wedding band that I bought recently, it's thin, and bought it in a size 5 and it's loose!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Here's a chart I sometimes use to determine the size of a diamond: http://www.lumeradiamonds.com/files/size_chart.pdf

A 1.00 ct is ~6.5mm, 1.25 ct is ~7mm, 2ct is ~8mm.

I think you should pick out the stone first before you choose the width of the setting. You should also check with the jeweler to see if they account for the width of the band when they determine the ring size. If not, I would size a half size up for the wider bands.

I would compromise on clarity before color. As long as the diamond is eye clean (meaning you can't see the inclusions with your naked eye), it doesn't matter to me if it's a VVS1 or a SI2. Your color compromise is determined by how color sensitive you/your gf are (the lowest I'd go is "J" but lots of people stop at "H" or above). I did a search on JA and you can get 1.50 ct diamonds for < $9K. They will be J's or K's though (maybe you can get an I SI2 as well).

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen the Sholdt semi bezel? It's a similar look but I think it might work better both with an under 2 carat diamond and with smaller hands. Just an idea.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1358214094.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results