shape
carat
color
clarity

Help: CAD #3 is in for delicate cushion halo!

RockAndRoll2006

Rough_Rock
Hey all my 3rd draft of CADs came in and I'm super happy with em! There are a few things I see, which I'll mention below:

rnh1a.jpg
rnh2b.jpg
rnh3c.jpg
rnh4d.jpg
rnh5e.jpg

First off, here is post for 1st CADs: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-cads-for-cushion-halo-with-split-shanks.203705/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-cads-for-cushion-halo-with-split-shanks.203705/[/URL]
and 2nd CADs: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-2nd-round-of-cads-for-delicate-cushion-halo.204281/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-2nd-round-of-cads-for-delicate-cushion-halo.204281/[/URL]

Okay initial thoughts:
1. Love most of the changes and the improved overall quality of the images!!
2. I don't think I like the transition from smaller melee on the shanks to the bigger melee once its melds into 1 band. I think the way to solve this would be to have the melee come down a little bit further (maybe 1-2 more sets of stones) and then as it blends together, that will be end of the sidestones (maybe at like 4:00). Looks like the larger melee now end up around 5:30.
3. I can't tell if i like the claw prong (from CAD 1and3) or the more rounded prong (CAD #2). Fair to say the rounded will "snag" less?
4. I still would like to find something else to do in the basket around the hidden diamond. I did a a little editing. If they are to do it, what are your thoughts on this look:
option1photoshop.jpg

Thanks! Getting closer! :) Woo hoo!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! That looks so much better! Those little changes made a very noticeable difference aesthetically. :appl: I don't have any ideas for the gallery, so I'm no help there... But one suggestion -- I would be hesitant to put melee so far down the shank (if anything, for comfort's sake). I think it would feel scratch as opposed to smooth metal. Can't wait to see the finished ring!! :))

RockAndRoll2006

Rough_Rock
msop04|1406228553|3719925 said:
Wow!! That looks so much better! Those little changes made a very noticeable difference aesthetically. :appl: I don't have any ideas for the gallery, so I'm no help there... But one suggestion -- I would be hesitant to put melee so far down the shank (if anything, for comfort's sake). I think it would feel scratch as opposed to smooth metal. Can't wait to see the finished ring!! :))

thanks msop04!! Its really starting to come together! Would you say to scrap the melee all together after the pairs (at about 3:00 and 9:00), or do you think it wouldn't hurt to have them come down another 1-2 sets down the shank.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prongs done right do not snag. My claw prongs don't snag anything. Get the claw prongs.

RockAndRoll2006

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1406230528|3719948 said:
Prongs done right do not snag. My claw prongs don't snag anything. Get the claw prongs.

Will do, thanks for suggestions Gypsy (here and with other posts on setting and diamond).

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that was quick getting your round #3!! It looks SO MUCH better!!! Definitely do the claw prongs...also, I don't think you want to bring the double melee any farther down. Notice how the double melee goes a bit more than 1/2 way down already? If you go any farther down, there won't be any big melee! If anything, I would suggest doing the double melee down farther as you suggest (maybe 2/3 down) and then have no big melee at all...if that makes sense. The split wouldn't change nor would the area where it joins, but it would be joined together longer with double melee. You won't be able to see the big melee from the top view anyway. I just googled split shank rings and that is how most of the images come up that have the wider split.

As far as the profile, your new version might have some potential. Are you envisioning the metal around the hidden stone being connected to the bottom of the halo? If so, the halo will cover it up. The only real visible part will be anything in the lower half of the gallery. If you are thinking the hidden stone kind of floats, then maybe. I am sure ERD can do an alternative CAD for you with that profile. You could then post both as a poll and see what people like on PS.

You are so close!! I can't wait to see the finished ring!

RockAndRoll2006

Rough_Rock
tweeter8177 said:
If anything, I would suggest doing the double melee down farther as you suggest (maybe 2/3 down) and then have no big melee at all...if that makes sense.

Oop, I think we are on the same page Tweeter, because this is exactly what I was thinking. I probably just didn't communicate it well. I didn't like having 2 different size melee. So I was also thinking 1-2 more more sets of small melee farther down and that be all. (maybe around 4:00/8:00 on the band).

Sounds like general consensus is claw prongs, so I'll leave that as is.

So I'm not exactly sure what exactly I envision for the hidden diamonds. I really liked this look, but they said they did not think there was enough space to do this:
image4.jpg
I felt like the one as it stands may be too "swirly" for me. With the split shanks/pavé, halo, and hidden stone I know there was a lot going on already, so I was attempting to cut back a little bit on the busy-ness of it all with my design. I am okay with the halo covering up the hidden stone. It's more of something special that she will know is there and is a small accent that can be seen from the profile. The tiny diamonds being used for hidden stone each come from within our families (her great grandmother and my grandmother). She is aware of the halo, split shanks, etc, but doesn't know about this...so it will be a nice added surprise.

RockAndRoll2006

Rough_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results