shape
carat
color
clarity

Hearts and Arrows vs. August Vintage Round - Please Help!!!!

kristi021

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am new to PS, but would love your input here. We are looking at diamonds and settings and I had my heart set on a Hearts and Arrows, based on a fabulous recommendation from a friend was recently engaged. Our diamond budget is around $18,000. We are looking to set the stone in this setting:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/pave-and-side-stones/dream-half-eternity-truth-head-18k-white-gold-5498w18

After seeing some pictures on PS, I am now considering AVR. Any thoughts on this?! Pros / Cons of each?

Thank you SO much!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Hearts and Arrows vs. August Vintage Round - Please Help

I think that setting would suit an H&A stone better - AVRs are vintage style, therefore they are usually set in vintage settings.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You would really have to see them in person to compare - both quite lovely and both different animals. I agree with the previous poster though - for the setting you have selected I think it suits a H&A stone better.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock

Hi Kristi021,

Here's a video comparing the two types of cuts side by side - it all depends on what your eyes like more.
http://vimeo.com/8619979

Settings can be tricky - try a bunch on ! What you like in pictures and what you actually like on your finger can end up being very different.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm another vote for a MRB if you are going to use that BGD Truth setting. If you are drawn to the cushion, I'd be more inclined to go with a much simpler setting - let the uniqueness of the AVC/AVR do the 'talking', not the setting.

Either diamond will be amazing - its just your personal preference. Your eyes are the ones that count, not what others think! :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HopeDream|1342893951|3237744 said:
Hi Kristi021,

Here's a video comparing the two types of cuts side by side - it all depends on what your eyes like more.
http://vimeo.com/8619979

Settings can be tricky - try a bunch on ! What you like in pictures and what you actually like on your finger can end up being very different.

Actually, this video has an AVC, not an AVR.

I love the AVR but would either set it in a plain Tiffany solitaire or an antique setting. The BG setting is more contemporary to me, and I would probably just buy a H&A stone for it.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would not let the setting determine your choice of diamond. Chunky cuts look good in any setting, and RBs look good in any setting. The optics are quite different, especially in the 1ct+ sizes. Get the cut that pleases your eyes.

kristi021

Rough_Rock

Thank you all SO much! I love the feedback!!! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results