shape
carat
color
clarity

GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS OR SOME OTHER SUCH NONSENSE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! HOw exciting. Really brings back hope that people DO find their lost rings!!! I understand why you would want to keep your original ring, but why do they get to keep the new setting?

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/1/2006 9:55:30 PM
Author: sistagrl2004
OMG!!! HOw exciting. Really brings back hope that people DO find their lost rings!!! I understand why you would want to keep your original ring, but why do they get to keep the new setting?
sistagrl, I was thinking of you when I read this topic. There is always hope!! Have you made any plans to get a new ring yet?

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
Shay,
Are you saying that Chubb paid you more than what the original ring was worth? Can''t you keep the ring that you love and pay them the difference in value if you feel guilty? The insurance company doesn''t care which ring you keep - they are going to take a loss either way. I would call Chubb and tell them you made a mistake and sent the wrong ring back. You should have the ring you love instead of making another one.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2006 5:35:28 PM
Author: SquareCut
Shay,
Are you saying that Chubb paid you more than what the original ring was worth? Can''t you keep the ring that you love and pay them the difference in value if you feel guilty? The insurance company doesn''t care which ring you keep - they are going to take a loss either way. I would call Chubb and tell them you made a mistake and sent the wrong ring back. You should have the ring you love instead of making another one.
It''s okay. I am resigned. I will love the new ring. It''s not that they paid more, it''s that I am a smart shopper. They paid the appraisal value which was about 1 1/2 times the cost of the original. I am a good shopper and was able to buy the new ring with that. I just felt guilty knowing if they saw the two rings side by each that they would pick the ACA halo prong. I am fine with this. I feel much better in the heart because I did what I felt was best. They already received the ring, and I sent my SC today to be reset. So I am officially ringless for awhile.
39.gif
When it comes back, I will have a gorgeous WF creation.
9.gif
Thank you, Squarecut.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results