shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback/Advice wanted: Custom Engagement Setting Search for EC with bezel and pave.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Last shot: other side view (don''t know what else to call it.)

Thoughts? I think it looks like "me"....like "us," really. I love that we are incorporating his input but still very much maintaining my taste and aesthetic.... I just hope it cuts the PS mustard!

Thanks for looking!
35.gif
35.gif

CADbr4.JPG

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Blue: the ring (CADS) are stunning. I am an EC freak...............I love your design. Its sleek, simple, understated but still distinctive!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, Blue, and I am so very happy for you and your DBF.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s going to be amazing. the cads look great and look like it''s incorporated everything you both wanted.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
It''s perfect! I''m so happy for you
35.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Yay! Yay! It''s going to be beautiful!
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 12:12:59 AM
Author: blueroses
OK.

Now that the 'Hasta la vista....setting' pictures are posted (and I'm sure they really belonged in SMTR. Thanks for the patience)....

CADS.

Here we go.

What we ultimately decided on was:
1) a bezel/halo VERY much like Lauren's (borrowing/copying the 'bevel in the bezel' which my DBF just likes to say. 'bevel in the bezel, bevel in the bezel.' It's fun.)
2) a profile like neatfreak's
3) one-sided micropave in the band.

We've been assured by our jeweler that 1) the metal looks chunkier on the CADS (as I kind of knew from here) and 2) that polishing, etc. once it's set will also help refine the bezel. We can always take more off but not add it back--there was a haircut analogy in there somewhere. The prongs in the pave will also be ground down, of course. We trust him.

So here it is...EEEEE!! I hope you guys like it!
OMG, Blueroses, it looks FABULOUS!!!!!!

I just laughed coffee through my nose about the bevel in the bezel part. I TOTALLY do that, too!!!!!!!

I think the bevel in the bezel is the hardest part to get right (I just had to make a few attempts to fine tune a setting I had made with my local jeweler, took about 3 tries), but I'm sure your vendor knows what they're doing!
2.gif
A link if you're interested - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-scapolite-is-coming-home-on-saturday-woooo.114733/

Pic - http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/images/4334/original.aspx

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
THANKS, bgray, po, KimberlyH, MrsSalvo, Starset, stepcutgirl, Laurenthepartier!!!

My PS friends KNOW how much this means to me. Not just the future bling and kind words about it, but what it represents. He''s the best part! It''s so calm and--not anticlimactic, bu--just EASY to finally be at this place now after all the former-life turmoil. I''m thrilled
30.gif

And the RING-to-be: I am so happy with it. I appreciate the feedback and kind words!!

And LAUREN??? Are you KIDDING me??!! This thing is so gorgeous it raises my blood pressure.
original.aspx

Thank you, thank you, Ladies.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
.....and I should have more pics to post tonight/tomorrow after the DBF/FF sees them.

The wax has been cast. I''ve seen it. It''s perfect. PERFECT.

And! Some new information about the stone:
It''s a much smaller carat weight than everyone estimated. Once it was out of the setting we could see that it''s shallow, so it faces up bigger!

It''s 0.627! Who knew!? The estimate was around 0.85.

D
VS1
6.5 x 4.8 x 3.02

It''s kind of cool to have a smaller weight stone make such an impression (kind of like short--but loud--lil'' ol'' me.)

It was also a surprise to have a D.
10.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 3:40:23 PM
THANKS, bgray, po, KimberlyH, MrsSalvo, Starset, stepcutgirl, Laurenthepartier!!!

My PS friends KNOW how much this means to me. Not just the future bling and kind words about it, but what it represents. He''s the best part! It''s so calm and--not anticlimactic, bu--just EASY to finally be at this place now after all the former-life turmoil. I''m thrilled
30.gif

And the RING-to-be: I am so happy with it. I appreciate the feedback and kind words!!

And LAUREN??? Are you KIDDING me??!! This thing is so gorgeous it raises my blood pressure.

Thank you, thank you, Ladies.
Thank you for the kind words, m''dear!
9.gif

I''m seriously so, so thrilled for you, Blueroses! Most of us know your history here, so I''m incredibly happy to be part of your cheering section, as you were such a lovely part of mine!

And that ring is going to be Hooooooooot!!!!!
11.gif

So, you''ve seen the wax . . . in person or did they send you pics?
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay it''s going to be awesome. I am so thrilled for you blueroses. I know what a journey it has been. So psyched for you!!!!
xx
Lisa

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great! Can''t wait to see it finally on your finger-I''m excited for you!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippie! It looks ah-mazing! And that''s a tall order because the ORIGINAL setting is my dream Asscher setting (for a 2.36 ish Asscher ... if only!) I HOPE HOPE HOPE you''re putting a gorgeous blue sapphire or something into it & wearing it on your right hand ... though I''d be happy to be a stunt hand if you need a spare.

Whhheeeeeeeee. Isn''t "no drama" SO MUCH better than uncertainty!
36.gif
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is going to look AMAZING! Good for you!
2.gif

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Really unique, special and GORGEOUS!
30.gif

Can''t wait to see the final product (and on your finger!)!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it looks beautiful!!! (But like Deco, I love the original setting, too! Please do put a colored stone in there!)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Lisa/Kaleigh, Packrat, DecoD, Tacori, MsHalo, DS2006....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!
35.gif
35.gif

I am SO happy with the outcome, and we''re not even there yet! I will be breathless when we''re engaged for real, I have no doubt.

As far as the existing setting, the options are 1) some fabulous rectangular colored stone 2) using the baguettes (and possibly even the metal) for the Mr.''s HE-ring (see other thread....that''s on hold for now, but not necessarily out) or 3) make a baguette/round band with some 3-ish pointers I have from a ring of my grandmother (alternating the bags and rounds.)

The existing setting is fabulous, so #1 is a good choice...I''d want to choose a meaningful colored stone. In any case, it''s defniitely a FUTURE project.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ok kids,

This is IT: Last pics before I start a SMTR thread whenever it''s done and I''m ENGAGED.....which I am not yet.

Here''s the lovely little sparkler fresh out of its setting. 0.627! Who knew! Still finding that crazy. And D-lish.
2.gif

BRecloose.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
The wax is cast!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

BRecwaxcast.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Profile courtesy of neatfreak's lovely ERD cushion beauty......shamelessly cribbed.

BRecwaxcastprofile.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Ok fine, one without my silly comments:

BRecwaxcastprofile1.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear. I loves it.

BRecwaxcastside.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Saying "ta ta for now" to the rough before it goes to meet its stones, go back to my boy, and eventually be my e-ring!

(Note the hands of the patient jeweler in the top of the photo.... Ahhh, macro lens. How fond I am of you.)

BRecwaxcastttfn.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 10:58:16 PM
The wax is cast!

GORGEOUS and the stone, swooooon
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 10:58:16 PM
The wax is cast!

Yeah, that is apectacularly GORGEOUS!!!!!! I can not wait until you see it again!!!!!!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Skippy and Lauren!!
35.gif
I am so happy I can share this with you guys!

I feel SO HAPPY with it! I feel like it's a perfect marriage of the antiquey/pave/step-cut stuff I've always loved and a more sleek/grown-up/simplicity that suits me more now. (Or to be even more precise: It reflects both the DBF and me
30.gif
)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Blue. I adore it. And... I shamelessly want one just like it for a colored stone (can''t afford an EC anytime soon). I hope you are okay with droves of PSers and Lurkers calling their jewelers and saying that they want the Blue Roses Special (or calling your jeweler if you give up the information!) because that beauty is a classic already. I absolutely think it''s amazing... I think the beveled bezel is inspired and the proportions are just perfect.

Absolutely worth the wait, and I cannot wait to see that puppy on your finger and polished and set with the diamonds. It''s already, even rough, one of my favorite settings on here to date!

Congratulations honey, on the engagement, the lovely setting and the wonderful future in front of you.

I''m also going to add a plug for a colored stone in the setting... I''d just make sure the depth of the setting can handle a colored stone (which are usually deeper than diamonds, though maybe not with an EC) and I personally, would go for a brilliant cut, like a Barion for the center stone. In a medium blue, like Neatfreak''s asscher.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results