shape
carat
color
clarity

Esperanza Diamond- Must read for pricescopers!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty invited me to go with her and some PS'ers to a special VIP event, except everyone last minute couldn't make it. I begged FI to come with me so I won't be alone, and there we got to meet Mike, who cut the diamond. He taught me some science behind cutting MRBs, and had me and FI practice on one facet of a would-be 2 carat diamond. There were only a handful of people in attendance, and most of them were just in the patio area of the party, so we had special private attention.

screen_shot_2016-01-19_at_9.png

screen_shot_2016-01-19_at_0.png

screen_shot_2016-01-19_at_1.png

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
SOooO bummed I missed it! But between a fussy kiddo and Friday night traffic during what is normally his bedtime, I didn't have a choice. ;(

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!

congrats on the viewing and getting to cut a facet! woohoo! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ponder|1453259564|3978351 said:
Texas Leaguer|1453242294|3978177 said:
I am very pleased to announce that Whiteflash will have the honor of hosting Esperanza next month!

Press release here:
http://californianewswire.com/whiteflash-selected-to-host-historic-esperanza-diamond-on-cross-country-tour/

In conjunction with this historic event, Whiteflash plans to give away an expense paid trip for two to Houston to see Esperanza in person. This will be a pricescope exclusive, and limited to active pricescope members.

So be thinking about whether you are going to bring your SO or a fellow pricescope Bestie :think:

More details will be forthcoming soon - so stay tuned!

For us local to WF, will we need an appointment to view her or will we be able to just drop on by?
Excecellent question Ponder. Thank you for that.

Because our showroom is "boutique" style we would strongly encourage local folks to contact us and arrange a time for your visit. Also, please let us know you saw this on pricescope as we may think of some additional prizes for forum members :wink2:

mn_shopaholic

Shiny_Rock
I am very pleased to announce that Whiteflash will have the honor of hosting Esperanza next month!

Press release here:
http://californianewswire.com/whiteflash-selected-to-host-historic-esperanza-diamond-on-cross-country-tour/

In conjunction with this historic event, Whiteflash plans to give away an expense paid trip for two to Houston to see Esperanza in person. This will be a pricescope exclusive, and limited to active pricescope members.

So be thinking about whether you are going to bring your SO or a fellow pricescope Bestie :think:

What are you considering an active PS member for this give away? Will it be like the GTG in Vegas where it is a combination of post count and join date used to determine eligibility or are there other criteria?

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
mn_shopaholic|1453297949|3978502 said:

Press release here:

What are you considering an active PS member for this give away? Will it be like the GTG in Vegas where it is a combination of post count and join date used to determine eligibility or are there other criteria?
We are actually still thinking about that. The idea is mainly to keep someone from coming on to the forum just so they can enter. But also, it is a benefit designed around rewarding people who have made significant contributions to the vitality of this community.

What do you think the entry requirements should be? we would love to get the feedback.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Texas Leaguer|1453301481|3978530 said:
We are actually still thinking about that. The idea is mainly to keep someone from coming on to the forum just so they can enter. But also, it is a benefit designed around rewarding people who have made significant contributions to the vitality of this community.

What do you think the entry requirements should be? we would love to get the feedback.

I think you should give one entry for each WF diamond the person owns. ;-) :naughty: :rodent: :mrgreen: :lol:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Andelain|1453305575|3978563 said:

I think you should give one entry for each WF diamond the person owns. ;-) :naughty: :rodent: :mrgreen: :lol:
And extra entries for selfies with your WF diamond from aircraft flying over war zones? :wink2:

You rock Andelain. I hope you win the tickets!

Jim Summa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sounds like a terrific event at Whiteflash in Texas.
For those who live in the southwest and southeast you shouldn't miss the opportunity to see this diamond at other AGS member locations. It is just stunning, I have never seen anything like it!
Below are the remaining stops before sale.

January 20th – 24th Black, Starr & Frost, Phoenix AZ (Meet the Cutter Event)

January 27th – 31st Molina Fine Jewelers, Phoenix AZ

February 3rd – 7th Whiteflash, Houston TX

February 10th – 14th Underwood’s San Marco, Jacksonville FL

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Texas Leaguer|

What do you think the entry requirements should be? we would love to get the feedback.[/quote]

Only members with over 20K posts?...I like my odds... :devil: :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting really complements the diamond. Very cool.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Texas Leaguer|1453295708|3978480 said:

Press release here:

For us local to WF, will we need an appointment to view her or will we be able to just drop on by?

Because our showroom is "boutique" style we would strongly encourage local folks to contact us and arrange a time for your visit. Also, please let us know you saw this on pricescope as we may think of some additional prizes for forum members :wink2:

Thanks Bryan. I am hoping to make it down. I've been wanting to see the new showroom, but unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to visit y'all since you were on Richmond.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
ponder|1453405582|3979259 said:
Texas Leaguer|1453295708|3978480 said:

Press release here:

Thanks Bryan. I am hoping to make it down. I've been wanting to see the new showroom, but unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to visit y'all since you were on Richmond.

I do hope you can make it Ponder. We are going do something special for our local pricescopers that attend. The Esperanza is truly something worth making a special effort to see.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Texas Leaguer|1453306126|3978572 said:
Andelain|1453305575|3978563 said:

And extra entries for selfies with your WF diamond from aircraft flying over war zones? :wink2:

You rock Andelain. I hope you win the tickets!

YES! :appl: :appl: :appl:

And thank you, I do too! :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How exciting, for WF and for all of us who get to see WF's photos!!!! :sun: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Actually, I'll just go ahead and nominate DS.
Of all the RTers she is IMO the one who is... amazingly, consistently always there.

She's quick to help anyone who requests it - newbies and regulars alike.
I don't think there's any doubt she's one of PS' most active posters :bigsmile: She doesn't seem to tire of being an RT staple. She doesn't need to take breaks, her participation doesn't wax and wane...
Her posts are always carefully thought out and informative. I may not share all her tastes, but I've never doubted her commitment to pursuing - and sharing! - fact and experience over propaganda.
She's always unfailingly polite - I don't think I've ever seen her lose her temper on here (...can't say the same for myself!)
She's a WF customer!!
... Mostly I think she's been a huge asset to this community and it'd be lovely to see her rewarded with something so unexpected and so thoroughly PS-ey ::)

Of course, if she can't make the trip, DF's suggestion of 20k posts is so pedestrian - between 17k & 18k posts seems like the perfect second option :halo:

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Texas Leaguer and Whiteflash Co. Thank you for the offering of the contest to see the Esperanza! It is such a momentous event in the industry! I would to visit your showroom and view this special diamond!! :cheeky: love to be a validated entry, but though I have been a member of PS for over a year now, I only have about 30 posts. Maybe my bad, but my
opinion is that it would be best if all entries could be submitted (without the number of posts, just be a PS register member) and choose the winner from random drawing just as it was done for the $1000 giveaway. If it is possible to reconsider what constitutes a validated entry, I hope I will be able to enter! :appl: Thanks for hearing me out!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Press release here:

I'd love to enter because as special as this find is and how unique the cut is - I personally don't quite get the end result. I've seen the videos on Youtube of the stone and it does appear to be far more impressive in person than what it looks in photos, but personally I think that more traditional cuts look more aesthetically pleasing. But that's my personal opinion and I would love to be proven wrong by being flown from my nest in Australia to see it :naughty:

I do appreciate the find for what it is though, it truly is an amazing stone to come from Arkansas. To be able to work on that stone would have been both a pleasure and a privilege.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for GYPSY shes the best go to gal on the site she has helped so many people find their perfect diamond and/or ring without her the site would not be the same

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Texas Leaguer|1453561686|3980193 said:
I don't want to hijack this thread but I wanted to call attention to the fact that a new thread has been created by PS Admin for the purpose of gathering entries to the drawing for the free tickets to see Esperanza in Houston.

You can enter by posting here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/win-a-trip-to-see-the-esperanza-diamond-in-person.219125/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/win-a-trip-to-see-the-esperanza-diamond-in-person.219125/[/URL]

Thanks so much, again, Bryan and the WF team!! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1453415413|3979353 said:

How exciting, for WF and for all of us who get to see WF's photos!!!! :sun: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Actually, I'll just go ahead and nominate DS.
Of all the RTers she is IMO the one who is... amazingly, consistently always there.

She's quick to help anyone who requests it - newbies and regulars alike.
I don't think there's any doubt she's one of PS' most active posters :bigsmile: She doesn't seem to tire of being an RT staple. She doesn't need to take breaks, her participation doesn't wax and wane...
Her posts are always carefully thought out and informative. I may not share all her tastes, but I've never doubted her commitment to pursuing - and sharing! - fact and experience over propaganda.
She's always unfailingly polite - I don't think I've ever seen her lose her temper on here (...can't say the same for myself!)
She's a WF customer!!
... Mostly I think she's been a huge asset to this community and it'd be lovely to see her rewarded with something so unexpected and so thoroughly PS-ey ::)

Of course, if she can't make the trip, DF's suggestion of 20k posts is so pedestrian - between 17k & 18k posts seems like the perfect second option :halo:

I love you, Yssie! That was soooo sweet! Just reading such a nice comment makes me feel like I won the best prize of all!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pendant so much more "on the person" than how it appeared in the formal picture. I like that it raises the stone off the skin so you can get a more 3 dimensional view of the stone. I think the only thing better would be a pendant design that lets the stone freely rotate. As they say it looks to be of the finest "water". I have never been to the Arkansas mine, and always thought if I found a diamond I would probably keep it in "pebble" form as a specimen piece. Seeing this I am so glad we got to see the process this stone went through. It is transformed.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1453820584|3981694 said:
I like the pendant so much more "on the person" than how it appeared in the formal picture. I like that it raises the stone off the skin so you can get a more 3 dimensional view of the stone. I think the only thing better would be a pendant design that lets the stone freely rotate. As they say it looks to be of the finest "water". I have never been to the Arkansas mine, and always thought if I found a diamond I would probably keep it in "pebble" form as a specimen piece. Seeing this I am so glad we got to see the process this stone went through. It is transformed.
:naughty:

_1635.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the setting has a very edgy vibe...kind of reminds me of what one of those Star Trek half-clad alien girls would wear.

And, if I didnt have to be half-clad I'd be happy to wear it!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
tyty333|1453848883|3982005 said:
I think the setting has a very edgy vibe...kind of reminds me of what one of those Star Trek half-clad alien girls would wear.

You may get to wear it tyty, because you are entered into the drawing. And we will let you wear whatever you want while modeling it!

Reminder- tonight midnite is the deadline for entries. We will be holding the drawing in our conference room tomorrow morning and will announce the winner by noon CST.

Good luck everyone and thank you all for your enthusiastic responses!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Texas Leaguer|1453857188|3982072 said:
tyty333|1453848883|3982005 said:

You may get to wear it tyty, because you are entered into the drawing. And we will let you wear whatever you want while modeling it!

Reminder- tonight midnite is the deadline for entries. We will be holding the drawing in our conference room tomorrow morning and will announce the winner by noon CST.

Good luck everyone and thank you all for your enthusiastic responses!

Crossing fingers, toes, and even strands of hair! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Jim Summa|1453328013|3978755 said:
Sounds like a terrific event at Whiteflash in Texas.
For those who live in the southwest and southeast you shouldn't miss the opportunity to see this diamond at other AGS member locations. It is just stunning, I have never seen anything like it!
Below are the remaining stops before sale.

January 20th – 24th Black, Starr & Frost, Phoenix AZ (Meet the Cutter Event)

January 27th – 31st Molina Fine Jewelers, Phoenix AZ

February 3rd – 7th Whiteflash, Houston TX

February 10th – 14th Underwood’s San Marco, Jacksonville FL

I may be in Jville at the same time! Fingers crossed! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jville is about a 4 hour drive for me...hmmm...I mean, like I need to know what kind of bid to put in when it goes up for action
right? :lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1453845628|3981970 said:
part gypsy|1453820584|3981694 said:
:naughty:

very nice!!!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results