shape
carat
color
clarity

Earstud's backs for 3 carat each studs (6ctw)

wavegirl

Rough_Rock
Hi to everybody. I'm going to update my 4ctw studs to 6ctw. But I have concern about locks. My jeweler telling me that only classic backs will balance studs and they won't fall down. But I prefer La Pousette/Protector/Spring locks. Does someone has experience with this sizes of studs? What was the solution? Should I try to find another jeweler, to convince mine or just make the new studs with classic locks and to buy Chrysmela lock on eBay?img_9478_2.jpg

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LaPoussette backs can be adjusted so that the locking occurs at exactly the correct level of pressure on the earlobe. This can be done by a jeweler who carefully shortens the post until the locking detent groove is right where the back should catch and exert the correct squeeze on the ear, not too much, or not enough. Left as they come from the factory, the LaPossettee backs works fine with light weight items and the friction on the post most times, but if an exact fit and just the right amount of pressure needs to happen every time, then the post will need to be shortened careful to make it all line up the same every time right where the back clips onto the post and where the pressure is just right.

A less costly alternative are threaded backs with large diameter threaded ear nuts. If the roughness of the threads don't bother your skin, this can be a good and safe alternative to locking backs and also be safer than friction backs.

wavegirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much, David. I couldn't wish more expert opinion! If I understood your right I have to change the jeweler, first of all. Toda raba!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you try jumbo backs? I don't know if it would work for 3 carat studs but mine work well :wink2: for one carats.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results