shape
carat
color
clarity

DSS?? Does my stone look "small"?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh boy... my ring size is 4, stone is 1.23ct oval. Had it one week and kind of thinking it looks small... What do you PSers think? Just took a quick snap to show you .... am I crazy?!

dsc_7973.jpg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SB621

Ideal_Rock
First off I just have to say you are so lucky to have a size 4!!!! I'm a 6 and I think my fingers are huge compared to yours! I really like the oval and think it has nice presense on your hand. Do you think it looks smaller since the oval has difference coversage then your previous ring?

I really like the oval and I think it looks marvelous. I will also say that I upgraded from a .76ct to a 2.04ct and DSS set in around 2 weeks later. Once I got used to the larger setting I couldn't wait to go even bigger. Then I got a halo and I have been allright for the past couple of months.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I think you are feeling DSS not because of the diamond size, because it's much bigger, but because the setting is slimmer and covers less of your finger. Could that be it?

Your new ring is soooooooooo pretty!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring. I think it looks great on you.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I personally think it looks very beautiful, elegant and proportional to your finger size. I took a look at your other thread and I think this new setting and stone look prettier on your hand than the other one did. I would never look at that and think your stone looks "small" on your finger. Lucky small-fingered people! I would have guessed that your stone was even bigger than a 1.23!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Your radiant had an industrial-strength setting. I prefer your oval and new setting. I think it sets of the diamond. Be glad you don't have size 8+ fingers!

Your diamond isn't small. I think your new ring looks absolutely beautiful.

liz

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
fiona00004|1354559087|3321428 said:
Oh boy... my ring size is 4, stone is 1.23ct oval. Had it one week and kind of thinking it looks small... What do you PSers think? Just took a quick snap to show you .... am I crazy?!

It looks great to me!! I have size 8 finger so your are beyond lucky!! Even when I was 80 pounds lighter I had a size 7 finger. Anyways, I think i looks wonderful and you and the oval is stunning!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, you are crazy!!! JK!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your diamond looks STUNNING on your little teeny tiny finger!! I agree with 04Diamond<3 - I'm also jealous and I have a 7.75 LH/8 RH so seeing this HUGE diamond on your hand ... I could only DREAM of that kind of a look! I think its just the mental shift to a tinier band. Go and look at your hand in the mirror - seeing it in perspective and from a bit of a distance makes a big impact on how you perceive the size of the diamond.

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
You must be kidding, right :lol:

Your ring is gorgeous it looks perfect on your finger...very elegant with great finger coverage.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous!! The setting is beautiful and delicate. I think it highlights the stone nicely, which is my preference in a setting.

echomomm

Rough_Rock
Your stone is NOT small! It is absolutely beautiful. The setting is different and more delicate than your previous ring, which might be creating the visual difference, but I actually prefer the setting with your oval. I love your ring and I don't see "small" at all.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It doesn't look small at all - it looks lovely on your hand! However I absolutely understand DSS - it is a terrible thing :nono:

Do you know if your vendor has an upgrade policy for your oval? In time to come you might just want to upgrade...heehee.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
*whew*!! Thanks for your observations! I never thought that maybe it could be that there was more finger coverage from the old setting that I was used to! yeah... not used to the daintier setting! Hu by thinks it looks huge on my finger. I would love a 1.5ct someday.... with strong blue fluo! I'll probably ask everyone's help to find me one in a few years! haha!

Many thanks!!! Live seeing all your beauties here!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond doesn't look small at all--I think the setting looks a little dainty though which might be what you're noticing.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
Re: DSS?? Does my stone look "small"?

I think the new oval and setting are amazing. I can see why you may think it looks smaller though. In your previous set up, both rings sat flush with each other so you couldn't see any skin between them. At least that's what I notice and it may take a little while to get used to. Have you ever thought about maybe a spacer or something like that to fill in the gap and give you more coverage? But to answer your question... it doesn't look small at all :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No it does not look small.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no it doenst look small at all! its fantastically beautiful! But believe me I know all too well that everyone in the world can tell you its pretty but if you arent happy then you shouldnt just settle.

If you want more size maybe a halo, that sits higher up in the air?
Ive always like this setting and her finger is like a 5.5 i think? and it looks just huge
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-1-2-oval-bezel-halo-engagement-ring-t180221.html?hilit=1.2%20oval']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-1-2-oval-bezel-halo-engagement-ring-t180221.html?hilit=1.2%20oval[/URL]

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it looks small, but I do understand where you are coming from. You're old setting was thicker, and the stone sat higher up. The new one sits lower, and so that is probably contributing to your perception of it. I have the same issue with low basket settings. I prefer my stones to sit higher up because they look squashed to me otherwise.

If you're looking for more coverage, a halo would be pretty, like someone else mentioned. Or maybe you need a style setting that sits higher up?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
nielseel|1354583944|3321774 said:
no it doenst look small at all! its fantastically beautiful! But believe me I know all too well that everyone in the world can tell you its pretty but if you arent happy then you shouldnt just settle.

If you want more size maybe a halo, that sits higher up in the air?
Ive always like this setting and her finger is like a 5.5 i think? and it looks just huge
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-1-2-oval-bezel-halo-engagement-ring-t180221.html?hilit=1.2%20oval']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-1-2-oval-bezel-halo-engagement-ring-t180221.html?hilit=1.2%20oval[/URL]

hey, thanks for that link! I quite like that setting also!! someday...... :wink2:

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bastetcat|1354584825|3321787 said:
I don't think it looks small, but I do understand where you are coming from. You're old setting was thicker, and the stone sat higher up. The new one sits lower, and so that is probably contributing to your perception of it. I have the same issue with low basket settings. I prefer my stones to sit higher up because they look squashed to me otherwise.

If you're looking for more coverage, a halo would be pretty, like someone else mentioned. Or maybe you need a style setting that sits higher up?

oh yeah.... that might be a possible cause for my DSS too..I never even thought about that when dealing with the people making the setting... the mind does funny things!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does not look small but it does look pretty.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am thinking more and more about going halo. I used to say "I am SO not into the halo" but now... especially having seen Nielseel's gorgeous halo and the link she sent me, I am thinking it might actually add a nice vintagy detail to my ring.

Now I know that it is quite risky to ADD a halo to an existing setting... not more cost efficient. But my setting was custom made, chosen by DH and I love it (apart from the lack of finger coverage I guess!). I am seriously thinking of sending Mr. Tain at Quest a question about if it is even do-able at all (maybe a very delicate bezel halo with milgrain) and at what cost and see where that leads me....I am seriously yearning for a bit more finger coverage and I don't think DH will be willing to spend much more on a larger center stone that gives me the kind of coverage that a halo can.... Totheleft totally inspired me! I winder is it can be done within 2K$?

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Does not look small at all! I think that the space between your rings are throwing you off. I think you need something flush. The stone is beautiful. Halos are ok, but your stone is big enough to stand on it's own!

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
looks like ratio 1:1.35 or so
kinda chubby at the belly, some ovals will be longer and slimmer 1:1.5 or so ratio
It is stunning ring! enjoy it in good health!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fiona00004|1357764549|3351503 said:
I am thinking more and more about going halo. I used to say "I am SO not into the halo" but now... especially having seen Nielseel's gorgeous halo and the link she sent me, I am thinking it might actually add a nice vintagy detail to my ring.

Now I know that it is quite risky to ADD a halo to an existing setting... not more cost efficient. But my setting was custom made, chosen by DH and I love it (apart from the lack of finger coverage I guess!). I am seriously thinking of sending Mr. Tain at Quest a question about if it is even do-able at all (maybe a very delicate bezel halo with milgrain) and at what cost and see where that leads me....I am seriously yearning for a bit more finger coverage and I don't think DH will be willing to spend much more on a larger center stone that gives me the kind of coverage that a halo can.... Totheleft totally inspired me! I winder is it can be done within 2K$?

I have no idea what the price would be, but i think if you can swing it its a great idea!
A halo does make a world of difference. And no matter what we say, if it doesnt quench your finger converge thirst- then it just doesnt. BUT, i think a whole knew ring with a halo might be around that price.

I think its a matter of finger size.

I wish my ring was bigger. I then put it on my pinky and think "oh my gosh! if i only had size 3 fingers, it would look TOO big"...

you have to do what makes you happy. Not what would make us happy. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results