shape
carat
color
clarity

Dragonfly pendant...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a nice one at Zales, of all places.
20.gif
It caught my eye because I love dragonflies, and have been wanting one for a while. It was about 3/4"h x 1" long, the diamonds were REALLY tiny, but it was nicely set in white gold. Not a real big deal otherwise, except it is of a dragonfly. Would you pay a hundred bucks for this?

Then I''d need a chain. the one it was on was too skimpy. I like my chains with a little meat, not beefy by any means, but with more substance so it doesn''t stick to me when I move. The chain was another $140, so in all $240 for this "fun" project.

I''d buy the pendant. no problem spending the $100 bucks. But I''m hesitant about the chain. Any suggestions on where I can get nice white gold chains for a good price?

I have a menu of other diamond projects I wish for. The problem is that since I cann''t get those items yet (they are more expensive and will take longer to afford) I''m hoping this will be a nice treat to myself.
36.gif

Thoughts?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I could not find the one you were talking about...are any of these similiar.Hope this helps!

kmomdragflyoptions.JPG

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora, thanks! I love all of them.
36.gif

Were those places you found them online? Because I saw it at Zales at our mall. I know, I know, the mall...
39.gif
But hey, for a fun pendant, I thought it was pretty reasonable. I couldn''t really see splitting hairs over cut since the diamonds were so small anyway...
14.gif

I''d love to take a closer look at some of those you posted if you found them online.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Kmom, I love the idea of this pendant.... $140 sounds a little pricey for a chain, even a substantial box or rolo, or something... Can you pick up the pendant and get the chain somewhere that discounts 14k?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kmom,
If you saw it and love it, then get it!!!! You have a good eye and for $100 bucks why not??? You can always get another chain online. I do love the one''s that Matatora posted too!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree re the chain being pricey. Of course I love that CW Jewelers one that is almost $1k. Expensive taste, it must be that testicle.
31.gif

I say get the Zales one and then find a chain on eBay or even Mervyns (if you have one out there?)...they actually have decent chains for cheapo amounts. or maybe a Sears or some basic lower-end store like that.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 8:18:13 PM
Author: Mara
... Expensive taste, it must be that testicle.
31.gif
23.gif
33.gif
23.gif
33.gif
23.gif
33.gif
23.gif
33.gif

Lynn (who just does NOT "get it"!!!!!)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another dragonfly. This one is from Hearts on Fire''s jewelry collection. Who knows how expensive, but it is cute.

PotDragP.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Yes those were the web pages where I found them and the price as listed on that web page...I myself particurly like the diamond and tanzanite dragonfly.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Kmom-

I would correspond with PlatinumSmith on the board and see what he would qoute you for a custom piece...
36.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 11:37:02 PM
Author: perry
Here is one that just rocks..... (arn''t diamonds cheaper by the dozen?)

www.platinumsmith.com.au/Full/Recent_Works_3_4.htm

Perry
Perry, thanks for posting that link! While very beautiful, I find that it is not as delicate a design as I''m after. Not that I''m delicate or anything, but I am looking for something with a slightly dainty feel to it.

Please keep em coming!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 11:25:56 PM
Author: Colored Gemstone Nut
Hi Kmom-

I would correspond with PlatinumSmith on the board and see what he would qoute you for a custom piece...
36.gif
Hey Josh, it''s sooooo great to see you again! I feel like I haven''t seen you around too much here lately, but maybe I''ve just been missing you here somehow...

If you say it''s worth a quote, I''ll check it out. Thanks for the reference.
2.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2005 8:52:25 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 8/15/2005 8:18:13 PM
Author: Mara
... Expensive taste, it must be that testicle.
31.gif
23.gif
33.gif
23.gif
33.gif
23.gif
33.gif
23.gif
33.gif

Lynn (who just does NOT 'get it'!!!!!)
Lynn, don't worry.
2.gif
I often don't "get it" either, but Mara's testicle, well that's a running joke from a thread that's been locked (hint).

Jenn, Kaleigh, Sundial & Matatora, thanks for the input. I'll look around for cheaper chains, too. Thought that seemed high, but then again it's been years since I've purchased a chain. The one I saw and liked was called a snake chain.

Apologies for all the individual quote responses, but I can't figure out how to do them in one post. Like F&I, I'm quote challenged.
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kmom, I think if you love it get it! It is your avatar so clearly you love them!!!! Also, I am sure you can find a chain for less! that is the easy part...or don''t you have a chain you can use?

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/16/2005 2:41:43 AM
Author: diamondfan
Kmom, I think if you love it get it! It is your avatar so clearly you love them!!!! Also, I am sure you can find a chain for less! that is the easy part...or don't you have a chain you can use?
diamondfan, I do have only one white gold chain, but it is exactly like the one in the store. Too skinny and lightweight, plus also too short since my neck has grown over the years.
14.gif
I'll be on the hunt for a nice chain so any references would be appreciated. I have no idea what they go for so I have some homework to do. At least it's no where as intense as looking for the perfect stone.
39.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gold chain has unreal markups most place often in the range of 250% it pays to shop around.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love dragon flies they rock.
Both the real ones and the pins :}

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely shot, the contrastin color is just stunning.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE Dragonflies! But then, that''s a motif close to my collecting habits.
2.gif
9.gif

That being said, like others have said - the chain is too expenisve. You can do better elsewhere.

But, F&I likes to think out of the box - how about a nice sterling chain? Not to insult - but this isn''t a high end piece - but a fun piece for you. If you start to wear it everyday, you could always purchase a nice WG chain for yourself later. If you buy the sterling chain right, you are probably talking $10.00.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
F&I that makes a lot of sense! Good thinking!
36.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Storm, thanks for the link! I almost bought one on the spot thinking it was a great deal considering what Zales was charging.
6.gif
But then I read on to see F&I's sensible post about the sterling silver chain, which makes sense also. Funny you should post those beautiful pics of real dragonflies. That's how I first began to notice their beauty and fall in love with them...when I joined a photography forum last year. Since we don't have much of them here, I never realized there were so many kinds, in all shapes, sizes and colors.
30.gif

I'm scheduled to go back to the area where the mall is located tomorrow. I'll more than likely have a dragonfly pendant to post in the next day or two...we'll see.
10.gif

Thanks everyone for your responses! I love that diamond/tanz one that Matatora posted.
30.gif

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kmom:

How about this little 3 inch spider
23.gif
I came across yesterday????

I could freeze it and send it to you. (Just joking) I do like the interesting pattern though.

Joker....

a spider 01.jpg

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
No thanks Joker (you rascal
11.gif
), ewwwwwww. Yes pretty design/colors but still...ewwww.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Quick update, I ran out of time to go to the mall yesterday so I did not come home with my pendant as I''d hoped to.
15.gif
If it''s there on my next visit (maybe w/in two weeks) I''ll try again, but if not, perhaps I''m meant to get something else. Maybe platinumsmith can help me out. I''ll need to PM him.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
If you really like the diamond and tanzanite one I posted before Sears has it on their web page from 129$ the chain is an 18inch rope chain. It has been in and out of stock everytime I looked. Since it goes back and forth you may want to call.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the chain my dragonfly pendant came with!

TnCoDragonflyNeckShot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results