shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs in bezel- I hear a rattle...

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! It's been awhile! I have a question for you experts:

I recently purchased a pair of diamond studs from a trusted vendor. The diamonds are amazing! I opted for bezel with milgrain.

However, one of the studs make a rattling sound when handled. I first noticed it when I tried on the stud for the first time. When I tap the side (gently) it rattles, when I tap the earring while holding diamond+setting it does not rattle.
I tried gently moving the diamond- it doesn't seem to move at all. I used a 10x and 20x loupe. This kinda made me loopy after a while...

The vendor rep assured me that the diamond is secure in the setting because of how the bezel is made. And the vendor offered me the option to send it back for check-up/repair.

Does this kind of thing happen sometimes w bezels? Have you had experience with a bezel that rattles but is totally secure?

Thank you in advance:)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't had that happen, but I just wanted to say hello!!! :wavey: I think we need to see pictures, though! :love:

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fix it. If the dealer won't take care of you, have someone else do it. If you're not sure that the problem is real, have it inspected by someone who knows what they're doing. It's not that hard, but it does take a little bit of practice.

The problem here is subtle. Diamonds are hard. Gold not so much. Diamonds make a terrific saw. Movement causes the setting to wear away from the inside. This is a bad thing.

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DS! I hope you've been well. :wavey:

I was too scared to ship to vendor. I ended up visiting Sholdt instead and they hooked it up! It seemed like a minor problem- the bezel needed a tightening. Literally took them a minute to fix it. I remember how enchanted I was with Kalee on my visit years ago. She and the Sholdt team are really great to deal with! I recommend them highly.

Thanks for your advice, DA. The dealer was willing to take care it and the problem was definitely real. Glad I asked the experts here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results