shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Prices in Canada vs US

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
We will be traveling to Vancouver next month and thought that with the Cdn dollar so low, we should check out some diamonds. Are there any Cdns here who can tell me if diamonds are competitively priced? Do you think buying a Cdn diamond from a Cdn broker will be less expensive now?

Just thought I''d ask around....

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Honestly I always found that the US had better diamonds at better prices. But I guess it depends on who you are buying from in Canada. Definitely any of the chain stores will probably not have what your looking for and will be ridiculously priced.

Even with the current exchange rate I still think the US is better. I just got a custom setting and if I would have got it here I would have lower grade diamonds and I think that makes all the difference so for me it was worth it to go across the border.

I do know that there is one company on here that is good and in Canada, I think its called US diamonds (try searching or hopefully someone else can chime in) so try that route maybe if you do want to stay within Canada.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2008 8:39:06 AM
Author: corgan
I do know that there is one company on here that is good and in Canada, I think its called US diamonds (try searching or hopefully someone else can chime in) so try that route maybe if you do want to stay within Canada.
I think Corgan is refering to US Certed Diamonds and they''re located in Toronto. FWIW, Martin sources his diamonds from the US. I''m from Toronto and there are quite a few of us Canadians on PS. I think it''s fair to see the majority of us have chosen to work with American vendors because of the superior quality and selection we got for our money. I think if you''re contemplating buying in Canada you want to ask yourself what''s important to you. For example, if having a GIA or AGS certified diamond is important then you may have a harder time finding a large selection of diamonds to choose from, or you may need to pay a premium to have that sourced for you. Good luck in your decision.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Vendors purchase stones in US $.

cheers--Sharon

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2008 11:44:00 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Vendors purchase stones in US $.

cheers--Sharon

Bingo! Furthermore, you''ll have a much larger and likely a better selection in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results