shape
carat
color
clarity

Designing Victor Canera Pink FCD E-ring, need your help!

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi All, for those of you who still remember my search for a pink diamond sometime last june/july, it has come time to finalise the setting.

I've decided to go with Victor, because I think all his work speaks for itself.

I'm actually looking for help with the ideas on how to properly set this stone.

So far, I am torn between doing a three stone ring with D coloured bullet/pear side stones

OR

A tapered baguette channel set 'solitaire'. Basically Victor would set rectangular baguette diamonds around the entire ring, and where it meets the pink center, he would find two matching tapered baguette diamonds.

==<O>==

Something like that from the top. Erm, if you can imagine.

Still a LOT yet to be decided. Like the metal colour. All plat? (I'm leaning towards this) Rose Gold cup and then plat?
Height of setting? Style of prongs? If a 3 stone, Pave?

I would REALLY love it if you people could share settings that you think could assist me in deciding colours, dimensions, design, embellishment, or just ideas that could help.

I can't promise to use anything, but I WILL promise to consider everything. And from what I know, all of you are the best resource a guy could have when it comes to designing a ring! (I promise... no superbowl setting!)

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Vendor Pics

Stats: 0.53ct Fancy Purplish Pink, VS2, Round Brilliant, 5.11mm-5.25mm

My Pics (sorry about the CZ, don't have loose colourless diamonds)

0.53ct-FP-RD-VS2-Pic1.jpg

0.53ct-FP-RD-VS2-Pic2.jpg

Pink in box 1.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
And finally, pics with her new friend, the 0.56ct chameleon

That's it for now... I hope you'll post suggestions, feedback or opinions. Many thanks in advance! Oh, and it is still a secret project so...

Clear pic.JPG

Pink Chameleon.JPG

In the box.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can it have a small halo, Tristan? I think the circle of white diamonds around it would really bring out the color more than anything else. Pink gold is more orangy because of the copper and I don't like it with that color pink diamond, personally. I would do all platinum unless Victor proposes it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I don't have much time, but here are some basic designs that you could adapt. Obviously these can be done with or without milgrain and the sidestones can be pears or bullets, or whatever. I personally probably favor a plain shank just out of practicality, but definitely no diamonds on the bottom of the shank. Halo can be as small and as delicate as you'd like, but I think the frame of white diamonds will allow the pink diamond to really show it's color much more than a solitaire with sidestones.

http://www.gabrielengaged.com/style/ER7093W83JJ

http://www.gabrielengaged.com/style/ER7101W83JJ

http://www.gabrielengaged.com/style/ER6728W83JJ

And just for fun, this is a ring I am considering for a small diamond that I have:

http://www.gabrielengaged.com/style/ER7925W83JJ

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are three stone rings but made with stones around 1 ct. in size. I just don't think this will do justice to your diamond, personally. I think a delicate halo will enhance the color. You could still do a three stone ring with a halo on the center stone, though.

http://artofplatinum.com/vault/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1257&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

http://artofplatinum.com/vault/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1264&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the idea of a delicate white diamond halo around the pink diamond. I think it will enhance it's gorgeous color. I agree with DS about going with platinum. I'm afraid that rose gold would wash out the color of the stone. I love the setting that DS is considering for herself! This is going to be an awesome project!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TristanC|1327494287|3111252 said:
And finally, pics with her new friend, the 0.56ct chameleon

That's it for now... I hope you'll post suggestions, feedback or opinions. Many thanks in advance! Oh, and it is still a secret project so...

How about a 3-stone setting, like in yr pic 2 above, with the pink and chameleon on the side and a white D colour diamond in the middle? (perhaps even have the middle diamond halo'ed too if you really want extra oooooppph?).

slg47

Ideal_Rock
TristanC|1327493714|3111249 said:
Hi All, for those of you who still remember my search for a pink diamond sometime last june/july, it has come time to finalise the setting.

I've decided to go with Victor, because I think all his work speaks for itself.

I'm actually looking for help with the ideas on how to properly set this stone.

So far, I am torn between doing a three stone ring with D coloured bullet/pear side stones

OR

A tapered baguette channel set 'solitaire'. Basically Victor would set rectangular baguette diamonds around the entire ring, and where it meets the pink center, he would find two matching tapered baguette diamonds.

==<O>==

Something like that from the top. Erm, if you can imagine.

Still a LOT yet to be decided. Like the metal colour. All plat? (I'm leaning towards this) Rose Gold cup and then plat?
Height of setting? Style of prongs? If a 3 stone, Pave?

I would REALLY love it if you people could share settings that you think could assist me in deciding colours, dimensions, design, embellishment, or just ideas that could help.

I can't promise to use anything, but I WILL promise to consider everything. And from what I know, all of you are the best resource a guy could have when it comes to designing a ring! (I promise... no superbowl setting!)

I think either of those would be awesome. I would probably do all platinum, and a 'medium' setting. I don't like rings that are super duper high or super duper low. If you go with the three-stone, I would keep it simple and avoid pave. As far as the prongs...what style of prongs do you like? I think Victor does nice prongs.

I actually don't think you need a halo...with the right proportions either of those designs could work well. If you were going for a 'larger' look you obviously could have gotten a larger colorless diamond!

With a three-stone...I would probably do pears since you have a round center stone. As far as proportions, you can make them larger (like in the ring DS posted) or more like smaller 'accent' stones (like in my ring, you can see in my avatar). I don't think there is a 'right' or 'wrong'...just different style.

I can't wait to see what you and VC come up with!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1327500909|3111314 said:
I love the idea of a delicate white diamond halo around the pink diamond. I think it will enhance it's gorgeous color. I agree with DS about going with platinum. I'm afraid that rose gold would wash out the color of the stone. I love the setting that DS is considering for herself! This is going to be an awesome project!

Ditto

Sparkly_Girl

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1327498287|3111283 said:
Can it have a small halo, Tristan? I think the circle of white diamonds around it would really bring out the color more than anything else. Pink gold is more orangy because of the copper and I don't like it with that color pink diamond, personally. I would do all platinum unless Victor proposes it.

Yes!!!!!

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Sparkly_Girl|1327511832|3111425 said:
diamondseeker2006|1327498287|3111283 said:

Yes!!!!!

I don't think I've ever posted in RT before, but I remember your threads about picking out the diamond Tristan, so I thought I would pop in. It's truly stunning. Personally, I agree with Sparkly_Girl and diamondseeker in that a halo would provide the most contrast against the pink of the diamond. But I haloed my pink diamond for this exact reason, so perhaps I'm biased :Up_to_something: I do seem to recall you saying that you didn't want to halo it? Am I right?

I don't think I would set it as a three-stone though. You don't want the sidestones competing with the center diamond. I love the look of tapered baguettes and I think they would look beautiful next to the pink round, but I wonder if that would give the ring enough presence on the hand for your GF? What about her anyway? What styles does she prefer?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I would set in platinum with either a delicate halo or D-F colored side stones (pears or baguettes would be lovely)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pink stone with tapered baguettes:
http://www.jewelryexpert.com/catalog/Radiant-Pink-Spinel-Ring.htm

I like your idea for the 3-stone with icy white pear sidestones much better than the baguettes.

I also love the last Gabriel Co halo ring that DS posted, although I feel like I remember you previously stating you didn't want to go with a halo. I think this is a delicious halo too and it incorporates your pear sidestones:
https://www.pricescope.com/gallery/oval/custom-halo-pink-sapphire-white-gold-diamond-engagement-ring-whiteflash-30772_f

And I would definitely do all platinum. I don't normally care for rose gold with pink stones.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
i'm gonna add +1 to the halo idea... what about a double halo? white inside, pink outside...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1327514508|3111459 said:
D pears. No question.

+ 1.
No halo.

IMHO halos make the diamond look smaller, or make it look like you wish your diamond were bigger.

Each diamond is whatever size it is and all sizes are beautiful and need no "help".

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1327519632|3111509 said:
kelpie|1327514508|3111459 said:
D pears. No question.

+ 1.
No halo.

I really like this idea too. I don't want to speak for Tristan (but I guess I'm going to anyway :cheeky: ) but I'm pretty sure he's mentioned in previous posts that he doesn't care for halos.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that is why I asked. One of my favorite settings of all time is a round with pears, but the pears are going to be very tiny to be proportional to a half carat center. I really don't like that combination unless the center is at least a carat. But maybe she has tiny fingers and that would help! I am not necessarily a halo promoter, but a small pink stone may blend in to someone's skin tone fairly easily if it isn't highlighted by surrounding it with white diamonds. I am just trying to highlight the pink stone.

(and thanks, Yenny, I am glad you like the one I am considering for my .80 family stone!)

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I like this idea of yours:

"A tapered baguette channel set 'solitaire'. Basically Victor would set rectangular baguette diamonds around the entire ring, and where it meets the pink center, he would find two matching tapered baguette diamonds."

Platinum, not high-set, leaving diamonds off of the bottom of the shank would be a good idea.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
i agree it'll be harder to pull off a 3 stone with a small keystone imo... as mentioned previously, the pears need to be really really small in comparison to the pink...

if no halo, i would do solitaire with pave down the shank... let the pink shine...

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I personally think that a halo would be goooorgeous! But a couple of people mentioned that they though halos were a no go for you, so I would go with D or E trillions and pave shank :love:

kenny I have tossed the halo idea to DH and he abhors the idea! He feels exactly as you do, that I'm saying that I wish my diamond were bigger and he's too cheap to give it to me. :roll: :lol: Maybe it's a man thing...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1327531685|3111688 said:
kenny I have tossed the halo idea to DH and he abhors the idea! He feels exactly as you do, that I'm saying that I wish my diamond were bigger and he's too cheap to give it to me. :roll: :lol:

EEK!
I didn't say the latter part. ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the feel you want. If it were mine I would Deco it out with an octagonal bezel in platinum or a fancy illusion head (I'm on my phone so if you want pics I will have to post it later) and then on the shoulders I'd have fun with white and pink sidestones.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think baguettes - I think with that pale pink stone, pears would just be distracting, and the baguettes would do a better job of allowing it to take center stage. Because the shape will contrast so much, it'll cause the contrasting color to pop a little more.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Sky56|1327522994|3111556 said:
I like this idea of yours:

"A tapered baguette channel set 'solitaire'. Basically Victor would set rectangular baguette diamonds around the entire ring, and where it meets the pink center, he would find two matching tapered baguette diamonds."

Platinum, not high-set, leaving diamonds off of the bottom of the shank would be a good idea.

I'm with Sky; I love your original idea, although I prefer the look of French cuts than baguettes. I'd keep it all in platinum too: your stone is very clearly pink so no need to add any orange with the rose gold. Victor is the master of beautiful French cuts in platinum.

I'd also be tempted by Gypsy's bezel idea- a very fine bezel rather than prongs. I love octagons normally but I think I'd be tempted to stay round in this case.

Just my 2 cents ::)

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much to all for chipping in! I knew there would be many calls for Halos, but for us I don't think a halo is a path we want to take. She has said as much before about halos, so I think her tastes match mine.

The Best part about the halo is that with the white stones and white metal to add contrast, it would enhance the pink. I'm wondering if a very fine bezel set would do the same... but I'm not sure how a delicate bezel would look. Most times where I've seen bezels I've not been a fan.

So I'm still thinking prongs. Someone help me with prong ideas? I agree that VC does superb ones.

As for baguettes, I realised I have an option for tapered bullets. So it would be like a more delicate baguette pair without the need for 2 stones. Definitely will be asking VC to source for 2 D sides, but yes, most likely they will be small.

My gf has small fingers, and a light skin tone. Size 4 and a half at Tiffany I think, and this is the Asian size, so I'm not sure what it translates to. So coverage wise, it should stil be OK. It should have the appearance of a .8ct on her fingers I guess? Something like that anyway. Not too bothered about size. Neither is she. I can give her a 1.5ct anniversary ring a few years down the road (when finances have recovered) to wear when she feels like fitting in to mainstream society!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are some pics for concept. Keep in mind that some of these have crap execution. But that's not an issue with Victor. All he needs is an idea and the execution is not something you need to worry about after that.

Pink stone in Octagonal Bezel. Why I like this? Like DS I would be worried about the stone blending with the flesh and want to define it. But I like a bezel because there is no pave, so you don't have to worry about damage to stones as you wear it. And an octagonal bezel is an idea I know, from talking to him, that Victor likes.

13640400.jpg

13641542.jpg

R1321.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Illusion Head Designs. Same benefits as the octagonal bezel.

Transitional Photos 109.jpg

Illusion Head.jpg

R1314 (2).jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results