shape
carat
color
clarity

Decision Help, PLEZZZZ!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I am currently previewing 2 diamonds. I will not tell the color and clarity ratings as that might effect opinions. Both are AGS Id, Id, Id, polish, symmetry, and proportions, H&A diamonds.

.76 ct info:
5.97-5.98 diameter, 3.61 depth
60.6% depth, 55.4% table, 34.5 deg. crown, 40.9 deg pavilion, 1.0-1.2% girdle, 0.7% cutlet. Sarin top view facets (from 12 o''clock positon, clockwise) 34.4, 34.4, 34.5, 34.5, 34.7, 34.5, 34.7, 34.5 degrees. Sarin bottom view facets (from 12
6.gif
0 position, clockwise) 40.9, 40.9, 40.8, 40.8, 40.8, 40.9, 40.9, 41.0 degrees.

.85 ct info:
6.09-6.13 diameter, 3.77 depth
61.7% depth, 55.2% table, 34.0 deg crown, 40.9 deg pavilion, .0.7-1.5% girlde, 0.7% cutlet. Sarin top view facets (from 12 o''clock postion, clockwise) 33.6, 33.9, 34.0 34.2, 34.2, 34.4, 33.8, 33.9 degrees. Sarin bottom view facets (from 12
6.gif
0 position, clockwise) 41.1, 41.4, 40.9, 40.7, 40.5, 40.6, 41.0, 41.3 degrees.

Visually, the .85 ct has more consistent, smaller flashes of light and color. The .76 ct has more random, yet brilliant blasts of light and color. Viewed in normal house light, indirect sunlight, halogen light, flourescent light, and last night in a totally dark room with candlelight.

We are having a hard time choosing one because they are both gorgeous in their own way. Of the 5 of us in the family, we had 2 votes for 1, 1 vote for the other, and 2 votes to flip a coin. Maybe PS folks can help.

Which would you prefer based on the numbers and visual light performance descriptions?
1.gif
confused.gif
1.gif

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 4/11/2003 9:21:47 AM pqcollectibles wrote:

I am currently previewing 2 diamonds. I will not tell the color and clarity ratings as that might effect opinions. ---------------

Uhmmm??? I think the price, color, and clarity are KEY for anyone on this board to give you a proper "opinion."

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tallonav!

How did I know that information would be asked before opinions would be rendered????? LOL
1.gif

.76 ct is H SI1, 100% clean with small white crystals, pinpoints noted on the cert, and a feather that runs perpendicular to the table.

.85 ct is J VVS2, vendor noted to be a very high J that could visually grade I were it not for the use of a colorimeter.

Price is the same.

Side by side, face up, loose on white paper, there is barely (teeny, tiney, fractional) any noticible color/contrast difference between the two. Cutlet up, color difference is subtle at best, held deep in the body of the J. I plan to set in white gold, so I placed each in a white gold hoop earring, side by side, to view for mounted color comparison. No difference face up. In fact, the white gold enhanced the appearance of both making them look whiter and brighter.

5 people seeing both could not choose one as standing out above the other. What was noticed were the flashes of white light and color. One is random, yet bold, much like the descriptions I've read of 8*'s. The other is constant, with smaller, sparkly flashes.
rolleyes.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'd get the smaller one... All the #s are within AGS 0 criterias (while 33.6' isn't)... But they sound both gorgeous... I don't know whic one to pick!
twirl.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Giangi! Another, flip the coin vote has just been tallied. LOL
1.gif
Just kidding!

I had my heart set on one, then the vendor suggested the second one, so I had both shipped. Now I've got a whole new dillema.

Which one do I pick?? Which one do I pick??

My girlfriend said diamonds can be like men. They can make you really happy sometimes and other times, it's like they aren't there. She said she'd go for the one that has consistent, although smaller sparkle and flash. She said she'd rather be happy all the time, than just sometimes. What a deciding factor! LOL
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You're too funny!!!
Persoanlly, I'd get the H... I prefer higher colors, but if the second is almost an I, I doubt you'll see any color difference once mounted... So, which one should yuou get?? I don't know!
2.gif
9.gif

Just kidding... They're both nice stones and will look beautiful once mounted, no matter which one you choose...

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think I would have said the 0.85ct before knowing the color and clarity. I would rather bump down clarity and bump up color a bit. Before knowing that, I would have said go for bigger size.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results