shape
carat
color
clarity

D Color - Strong Florescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

davidwolf

Rough_Rock
I hate to bastardize the topic, but there really is no clear answer as to whether or not florescence is good or bad. Most comment that it is ok for lower colored diamonds. How about a D grade?

Hoping for some opinions.

Dave

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

He Scores

Shiny_Rock
David,
This is an excellent question and topic starter. Since flourescent stones tend to give off a false better color, I think there could be two caveats here, and certainly I think these would echo in the trade. Perhaps not.
One, I think an "overblue"stone (read strong blue flourescence) would probably not fetch a D grade in a reliable lab, but I''m not a gemologist, so I could be wrong. Two, I think alot of dealers would stay clear of a D color stone with a cert that noted the "strong blue" because of the distinct possibility that it could be a false color grade.

But there has to be strong blue D''s. No doubt. Can''t say I ever saw one.

Bill Bray
Diamond Cutter

davidwolf

Rough_Rock
There is no mention of Blue...the report simply states "Strong" under florescence. The report is also AGS.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Find out if it''s blue. I have strong blue in my asscher RHR, it''s not milky or cloudy. I actually like it, and have medium blue in my ering, it''s an E as well. Good luck.
1.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I have faint blue in my G and I really like it but I can''t say I''d like a strong blue...I have a D and it looks to have some but I definitely don''t think strong. It''s not milky either. I''d definitely find out if its blue or not...that makes a difference!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! One of my pears is an E color with strong blue flourescence. As long as the stone doesn''t look milky in daylight, I wouldn''t worry. I look at flourescence as an extra added attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results